Thread: Return to Planet Ferror "Death-Adele"

Widget

Eternal Galaxy 3d Printed MOTU-Compatible Figures, first 5 have dropped!

These aren't the final colors for this character (this is the v2 Beta of the design to test the parts), but she's a 3d printed old-school MOTU-style buck I've designed for 3d printing. She was printed on an entry level m3d Micro printer, with a combination of PLA, ABS-R and "Tough Ink" plastics. I g uess this more garish colorschme is her "Turly" incarnation.

The final colorscheme I'm going to use in my own collection is here:
    [/IMG] beasts, like this guy:

Though its going to be a bit for pictures of Verminus Rex, he's big enough that he takes a long time to print. I've got some other monsters/vehicles in the works, along with some sidekick mini-figures.

I look forward to your thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TrentTroop; June 8, 2017 at 01:25am.

Honestly, I allways found that the Galaxy Warriors and Fighters toyline was really lacking female charakters so its nice to see some girls even if they are just the gender-bend versions of the guys.
    Do you plan to make an original female charakter?
    That Verminus Rex looks really cool even tough I am not a big fan of insects. Do you plan to do the Doom-Fighter vehicle or a variation of it?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Honestly, I allways found that the Galaxy Warriors and Fighters toyline was really lacking female charakters so its nice to see some girls even if they are just the gender-bend versions of the guys.
    Do you plan to make an original female charakter?
    That Verminus Rex looks really cool even tough I am not a big fan of insects. Do you plan to do the Doom-Fighter vehicle or a variation of it?
    While some homages remain, there are some non-homage uses coming up, I just finished up the sculpt for an animated-stone-warrior character, Galatea:

A mix of homage/counterpart characters and new characters are in the works, designed around various optional parts substitutions for boots, hands, etc. I'm also working up some feature/gimmick parts, toying with the idea of mini-figure interaction, asymmetrical limbs, wings/tails/etc.

I'm working on some other stuff that only really works with 3d printing, like the snake-woman character (Yeah, I'll cop to a snake men/Sahak homage) perhaps coming with spare parts so you can print her with a longer neck or build non-humanoid giant snakes. While I may sell a limited number of pre-printed items, the main distribution is going to be through a sort of digital subscription service through patreon, where backers can download the files and print the figures in whatever color or parts combination they like.

The service will rotate between a number of themes based on major action figure sizes/formats, and creatures/vehicles will have options like alternate saddles/cockpits so they can be adapted for the figure size of your choice. It also makes it easy to do "Remolds", since turning, say, Verminus Rex into a retro-dinosaur is as simple as a new head and forelimbs.

Let me know what kind of stuff you'd like to see, it might happen!

As for the Doom Fighter... do you mean the demon fighter from Galaxy Fighters? I'm not going to do that vehicle specifically, but I may do something thematically similar on a smaller scale, like a cycle or a one man flier.
    Last edited by TrentTroop; May 20, 2017 at 12:23am.

Widget
    Also, full prints of Verminus Rex:

And more pictures of Death=Adele:

I didn't have my lighting setup calibrated for plastic as bright as the green I have, so the pics aren't the best, but I can setup and take more as other items print.

Yeah, sorry, I got the names of the vehicle and the supposedly, never produced playset castle of doom, mixed up, I meant the Demon Fighter.

I really like the Galatea head, especially that helmet, thats some really nice work there.

So the Verminus Rex head and arms can be changed into a Dinosaur, I knew that something was off about that tail. Thats a really great idea.

I hope you get enough support on patreon for these, because you have some really great ideas and talent.

Widget

Widget
    More pics of upcoming figures. The Green Witch character may be of special interest to MOTU collectors, as it was partially inspired by the pre-Evil-Lynn concept art.

Figures are shown unpainted, as they would be after printing and assembly.

Baltara, female counterpart to Baltard from Galaxy Warriors/Fighters. This happened largely due to Phelen Porteous's Bootleg Zone videos.

The as of yet unnamed witch character. She comes with DoomBroom broom/scepter, and upsized Stump Chump is her sidekick.

Death=Adele, with her executioner's axe, and shown riding one of the wild Kliffbeesst, a sure-footed beast of burden with horns that act as natural reigns and a natural saddle-shapes spine.

All three growth stages of the Kliffbeest, colt, juvenile (suitable as a 3.75"/4" steed) and adult (5.5"/6" figure steed). Shown with Baltard because my MOTU is all in storage.

And a Juvenile Kliffbeest with a Boss Fight blank riding it.

Everything is going to be available from the Patreon in June.

Widget

Forgive the cell phone camera, but here's the in-progress first "Beast Woman" design, an as-of-yet unnamed snake warrior.

These are really cool! Love seeing other people's creations come to life.

Court Magician
    That Verminus Rex looks really cool even tough I am not a big fan of insects.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    That Verminus Rex looks really cool even tough I am not a big fan of insects.
    Thanks! Verminus is up as a $1 backer reward on the Patreon now, so if you have access to a 3d printer he's ready to go.

A lot of the smaller patreon stuff, figurines and weapons, is up on the Shapeways store, including these guys:

All the Patreon figures available through Shapeways are available here.

And speaking o:

I'm proud of how last month's main big figure, Radioactive Roach, turned out. RR is a TMNT sized action figure inspired by TMNT, Fallout and Battle Beasts (the original Radioactive roach, which was more Battle Beast-y, is here.) He can be printed on any 3d printer that can use both flexible and rigid filament, and is a $10 and up release for Prize Inside!.

Thoughts?

Widget

Roadkill Rodney, the robot that stole the warthog and rhino for Bebop & Rocksteady's mutation and were roving pests in the TMNT arcade games are available as figurines, gaming miniatures, and a 2" action figure kit with a working wheel, cloud-of-smoke base, removable tentacle arms (with 5mm pegs/ports) and a swappable chestplate/blaster piece.

Also, Shapeways has let us creators know that there's going to be a sale Fri-Sun this coming weekend, for free shipping on orders over $25. I don't know if that's international shipping too, but fill your cart now and order then for a bit of savings.
    Last edited by TrentTroop; November 21, 2017 at 04:27pm.

Widget
    QUICK CORRECTION: The Shapeways free shipping sale is for Cyber Monday, not Black Friday Weekend. The coupon code is MAKEYOURHOLIDAY, and my MOTU-compatible stuff is here.
    Last edited by TrentTroop; November 27, 2017 at 05:05pm.