Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defenders of Eden

Wonderful bios coupled with superb art & character designs, this thread is full of amazement!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Wonderful bios coupled with superb art & character designs, this thread is full of amazement!
    thanks Jafari! it has really been a team effort! ICEMAN does colors so well, and bearshow, i mean, he is BEARSHOW! so i personally am so happy that those two guys believe in my vision for DoE, and shoot, even the few other guys (Nate and others) who have given their characters to the brand, knowing that we will take great care of them! DoE is here to stay! check out the bust that is being worked on!

WOW! That looks terrific! You guys are all doing an amazing job! Keep up the excitement!

MOTUC RECORD

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I would totally buy Grey as a figure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Grey reminds me a bit of something I would create.

MOTUC RECORD

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would totally buy Grey as a figure
    Sweet! thats what we were hoping for! hopefully sooner than later, but comics first! we need to keep things going in the right order!

Heroic Warrior

I don't know who this Midor is but he sounds like a bad ash and that he has one b*tt kicking descendant.

arts nice to. so is the bio.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I don't know who this Midor is but he sounds like a bad ash and that he has one b*tt kicking descendant.

arts nice to. so is the bio.
    oh wait till you see the hero of old..... he is ...... MIDORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

lol

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek
    Local Legends BaeNa, SeeShell, and EEL are making appearances in the world! their creators have graciously given them over as DoE property.
    Wait, so those three are now forbidden for any He-man related stuff?

--SMP
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest View Post
    Wait, so those three are now forbidden for any He-man related stuff?

--SMP
    Well, they technically have always been "forbidden". See, toy guru confirmed that with the contest. Everything not "created by mattel" or fan fic that has been seen prior to the contest is officially untouchable by them.

Those three creators have given their characters to me so that I can use them along with the handful of my own to create the world of Eden.

Old school People around here will always remember baeNa as a fan fic, but personally I've always thought the character deserved more than just some made up lore slightly connected to masters. Nate has been so encouraging about this project as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post

Nice.

Now there's a figure I would buy. Besides Owlock.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    Well, they technically have always been "forbidden". See, toy guru confirmed that with the contest. Everything not "created by mattel" or fan fic that has been seen prior to the contest is officially untouchable by them.
    So suppose they were submitted to their contest yet have been seen on the forums before... where does that leave said characters?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, so THAT'S what these guys are from, been seeing them all over the ORG...
    As a recovering artist, I must say that I find the art beautifully executed, and the characters are all very striking and original! I can already, in my mind's eye, see how I'd make them out of existing stock!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Snappy Threader
    Very cool for sure. Owlock and Eel are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    Wow, so THAT'S what these guys are from, been seeing them all over the ORG...
    As a recovering artist, I must say that I find the art beautifully executed, and the characters are all very striking and original! I can already, in my mind's eye, see how I'd make them out of existing stock!
    3 characters Are from friends on the org. The rest are of my own creation I'm thankful that my friends gave me their characters because I feel like I can use them well

IT IS OFFICIAL! THERE WILL BE A DOE DRAWING CONTEST! Deadline is March 31st. ALL entries must be emailed to ideasfrommars@gmail.com

first place is $50. second is $30, and third is $20. if you have any questions let me know. the judges will be my 3 children, so do not hesitate if you do not consider yourself a great artist, because my kids will probably not judge it how people expect! Also, i encourage if you have kids, have them enter as well!! thanks everyone!

http://www.ideasfrommars.blogspot.com/

feel free to check out my recent blogpost, it is about the foundation, and reasoning behind creation Defenders of Eden!

Techtrek, your designs (and the designs of the 3 gracious individuals who lent you characters) are amazing. I think every character you showed would certainly appeal to me in action form (especially Owlock- that guy is too cool). Great work and I'm eager to follow this project.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Thanks BBQ, Alot of the designs, well most were my sketches, which then were translated either by Dan Brenus, and/or CJ Edwards as we found a finished look for each character. We really love how things are coming together!