Thread: Simple Vintage Battle Cat into Panthor Repaint

Simple Vintage Battle Cat into Panthor Repaint

This was just a simple repaint of a spare Battle Cat I had that I needed the helmet from. I didn't plan on adding Panthor to my vintage collection but I figured I may as well make use of the extra I had, even though I'm not very good at painting. I bought a saddle on Ebay and I'm pleased with the results.

_DSC1215.jpg_DSC1217.jpg

Snappy Threader
    Looks great to me.

Looks awesome! And you'll never have to worry about flocking issues!

Thanks for the comments. I was worried the eyes would come out all funky, as I have really shaky hands, but they're not bad.

The only downside is now I have to buy a MOTUC Panthor to even out that side of the collection.

Heroic Warrior
    gotta make one of these myself, use the other side of my brain

Quote Originally Posted by Sizz-Lor View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I was worried the eyes would come out all funky, as I have really shaky hands, but they're not bad.

The only downside is now I have to buy a MOTUC Panthor to even out that side of the collection.

Did you use a black/white base coat? Was the final paint acrylic with a gloss additive/finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Did you use a black/white base coat? Was the final paint acrylic with a gloss additive/finish?
    I did not use a base coat. I used some acrylics I had left over from a Transformers Shockwave custom I built and painted, and thought the color made a good "Panthor Purple", and I thinned and airbrushed it on in a few coats.

The actual color (if anyone;s interested) was made up of mainly Testors Aztek Airbrush Acrylic Opaque Purple, I lightened this with Model Masters Flesh Tone Base - Light (my Semi-Gloss White hadn't come in yet and the light flesh tone base worked great), finally I added a touch of Gloss Silver to this mix to make a little shimmery and add a little depth.

I then used Gloss Yellow for the eyes, and painted the cat pupils on in black with a toothpick. I dry brushed a nose on in Semi-Gloss Black, and viola! Note that I masked off the mouth when airbrushing and simply touched up any green left over with my purple. I didn't repaint the whole mouth as I saw no need.

Hope someone gets a cool idea from this at least.

I prefer this over the flocked vintage cat!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

I like this a lot. simple and cool.
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

Yeah Sizz-lor, Battlecats are fairly common to find. You've totally inspired me! I sold my actual Panthor years ago (shakes head), so I'd like to take a stab at something like this!

Again, I appreciate the nice comments, especially from the other customizers.

Mysterio, glad I could inspire you. I look forward to seeing yours too! PM me if you need any help or suggestions.