Thread: Help me design my tattoo!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar

Help me design my tattoo!

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo, and I just can't make up my mind on what I want. For many different reasons I want a big 80s villain. Skeletor, Mumm-Ra, Mon-Star, Serpentor, Megatron, Shredder or some other awesome 80's character!

The piece will most likely be a bust, from the bottom of the pectorals, to the top of the head, and if the character has a 'pet', I'd like to incorporate that too. I've chosen a few local tattoo artists that I'd like to work with, but I'd like to bring them an idea to see how they can translate it.

So if you have an awesome idea for a piece, show me, and who knows, maybe I'll tattoo your work on me!
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; July 1, 2014 at 02:11am.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Why don't you do a group shot of all those characters?

When it comes to tattoos, my experience is, you have to chose the motive and you have to be clear what you want.

Artists can help you bring it to the paper and the tattoo artist helps even further when he applies it to your skin with the muscular structure and the everything.

BUT you must be sure what you want.

For example a friend of mine wanted his initials on his loin and i made six or so different designs he chose one and even that one we changed together until he liked it.

I hope that helped.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    When it comes to tattoos, my experience is, you have to chose the motive and you have to be clear what you want.

Artists can help you bring it to the paper and the tattoo artist helps even further when he applies it to your skin with the muscular structure and the everything.

BUT you must be sure what you want.

For example a friend of mine wanted his initials on his loin and i made six or so different designs he chose one and even that one we changed together until he liked it.

I hope that helped.
    I know that I'll have to sit down with the artist and hash out a sketch, I was just hoping for some inspiration from some great artists here, that might help push me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    I know that I'll have to sit down with the artist and hash out a sketch, I was just hoping for some inspiration from some great artists here, that might help push me in the right direction.
    Sorry, if i wasn´t any help or came off as ignorant or rude.

I can recommend deviant art as a helpful side. You can put any name of one of those villains in the search engine and those artist are always nice and helpful.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Used to work in a tattoo parlour as floor manager ofr a couple years before moving to the staes and my suggestions - not design-wise - are:

-talk with your artist but do not stress him. if youre not happy with his/her personality as youre deciding your tat, just walk off and find another one.
    - remember hes the artist he knows his job.
    - he always knows better.
    - no, seriously, he knows better
    - use a durable design. the less complicated is, the more it is going to last. if you want a colour tattoo keep in mind that (unless you want a traditional japanese, american traditional, japanese/american, or something with flat coloured spots) those kind of tattoos are really subject to change. flat designs always work better and you will have the opportunity to look at your tattoo in 10 years and still recognize it! (I saw a lot of those amazing and colourfull works, real pices of art, theyre great and shining when theyre just finished, but after the colours penetrate in the skin properly (8-14 months) and then start to expand, in very few yaeras, they begin to start to look like a big mess
    Last edited by Delthaindia; July 5, 2014 at 06:14pm.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor