Thread: The Adventures of She-Ra (kind of)

The Adventures of She-Ra (kind of)

No itís not in the wrong section, I checked with a moderator and everything. Hi everyone. So what Iíve done is written a series of She-Ra stories, except the main characters are from Buffy the Vampire Slayer - if that seems odd, well, it keeps me occupied. No vampires, just Glimmer is Buffy, Bow is Xander, Madame Razz is Willow if you can imagine that (she got reimagined quite a bit more substantially than most), and so on...

Despite taking this fairly substantial liberty with the She-Ra characters we all know and love, I did my best to stay true to the spirit of the cartoon (thereís even end-of-episode messages, delivered by Dawn), and hopefully yíall might enjoy taking a look. Iíve never actually shared this with the MotU fandom, so Iím curious what the reactions might be. Content-wise I donít feel thereís anything in particular to be concerned about, but be aware thereís some mild violence (I mean, the Hordeís evil, itís what they do) and a little sauciness in the inevitable romance between Willow and Tara (so, yeah, technically Adora/Razz slashfic, bet you never thought youíd see those words together... or am I underestimating MotU fanfic, I donít know), I give it about a PG-13 overall.

There are five episodes so far, two of them from years ago when I started this:

The Sword of She-Ra (in which the evil Horde launches a campaign against the Whispering Woods, led by Force Captain Tara, I think you can see where this is going), and
    Let It Snow (the rebels head north to find the Kingdom of Snows, but Frostaís not inclined to be friendly),

and late last year I had the sudden urge to go back and finally complete the Ďseriesí Iíd been imagining from the beginning, which now continues in:

The Price of Freedom (the rebels help form a resistance in Erelandia against Modulok, whoís evidently been reading 1984 and has got ideas),
    The Magic of Mystacor (Tara goes looking for answers to the source of her powers in the fallen realm of magic), and
    Power Play (a Horde assassin stalks Brightmoon during a conference of rebel leaders, also David Boreanaz has a flying pirate ship).

There will be five more (posted every Saturday morning, that seemed appropriate) to complete the season and the myth arc of She-Raís origin (I mean, thereís no Eternia here, so it canít be Castle Grayskull), and since it was so much fun writing again after so long, Iíve just lately been toying with the notion of a further continuation. Also despite having practically zero artistic talent I fudged together a bunch of illustrations for each episode, based on tracing from screen grabs of the dvds, photos of actors, and lots of messing up and starting again.

So, I hope you enjoy them. See you all next time, bye now!

03-17-dawnie.jpg
    Last edited by MissKittyFantastic; January 9, 2017 at 08:13pm.

Thanks

Well it's Saturday morning (Sydney time, just), so I've posted the next episode, The Pearl. Yep, this is the one where Mermista shows up to be all French and lovely at everyone. But there's also General Sunder, aka the only person (apart from the aliens) who isn't played by a Buffy actor, because I mean you can only see his chin, what would be the point? (I should say, outside of the main cast, the characters are really just their She-Ra selves - Mermista is 'played' by Amy Acker, but she's not meant to be a version of Fred; southern merfolk are Futurama's thing anyway.)