Thread: Transformers Titan Master Repugnus minor repaint

Transformers Titan Master Repugnus minor repaint

Repugnus is a bit of a letdown- an okay mini version of the G1 toy's monster mode but both the flight mode and weapon are rather bad. It's also lacking in paint. Added brown to the jaw and feet and gray to the claws. I want to paint the shoulders white but only if I can pop the arms off.

The wings aren't on the G1 toy but pop right out of the hinge.

stock for comparison

Nice work, diosoth.
    I realize that this Repugnus figure can shoot sparks from his mouth.
    Also, Repugnus was released back in 1987 only in Japan and 30 years on he's been released as part of the 4th wave of the Titans Return Titan Master figures.
    Last edited by Neophron; September 10, 2017 at 10:20am.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Optimus Prime has some color issues I don't like, the first being gray ear antenna. Yes, we are supposed to use the pop-up head flanks to fill it in but some may not like those. Doc Holliday Colors DH-65 Egyptian Metallic Blue is a reasonable color match out of the bottle- if you want closer to the Hasbro paints add a very small amount of black, leaving it as-is matches closer to Hasbro's blue plastic.

The Velocitron Laser Prime was mostly an homage to G2 Laser Optimus prime, but has the same color issues- gray ears and black hands, problems they could have solved by just putting the parts on the proper sprues. G2 had bright blue hands. Apple Barrel 20255E Cool Blue is a reasonable match to the blue plastic. Popping the hands out and back in socket is a bit tricky and may not be totally necessary but it does look better painted.

I'm not sure yet if I will invest time into Prime's hands or Laser Diacs ears.

Last edited by diosoth; September 20, 2017 at 01:58am.

Scourge mod. Hasbro seems to favor G1 toy colors while Tomy is doing cartoon. But with Scourge they fell rather short, making 95% of robot mode blue, whereas the G1 toy is mostly blue but has gray thighs.

http://tfu.info/1987/Decepticon/Scourge/scourge.htm

Get a spare Highbrow you can sacrifice for this as they use a lot of shared parts. Pop the thighs out of the spine piece, open the boots and switch. Yes you can paint the thighs gray but this is cleaner, won't scrape during transformation and looks more like it should have from the factory.