Thread: Haunted House conversion

Haunted House conversion

I was commissioned to convert a beat up Fisher Price Dollhouse into a Haunted House. The buyer wants a place to display some horror figures (I'm assuming ReAction or old Remcos), so I added lights. I'm extremely proud of the finished piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your pride is warranted, that's really impressive work! How long does something like this take?

Your paint job is impressive - it looks better than new! It's reminiscent, to me, of the Lego haunted house that came out a few years back... they'd make great shelf-buddies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did a great job, that's gonna make one cool display!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Your pride is warranted, that's really impressive work! How long does something like this take?
    Thank you very much! It's tricky to give an accurate estimate, it took me a bit to disassemble and clean it initially; and the plotting and installation of the lights took a couple hours. Start to finish was right at 2 weeks with accommodating weather (for spraying outside). But I think a lot of my time was being extra cautious with a piece I was handling for the first time and didn't want to break/ruin it. I'm working on the second one I picked up and it's coming along really fast by comparison (like 15 minutes to disassemble the second one), I'm hoping I can have the second one finished in half the time with less accommodating weather.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Love it Cap, well done.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack