Thread: Looking for a partner for a "Kick Starter" Board Game

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar

Looking for a partner for a "Kick Starter" Board Game

Good Morning Everyone,

As a lot of you know, I've been posting around the forums for quite some time. Anyways, I've had this idea for a board game that I would definitely want to play if it existed, and I think a lot of others fans of the genre might be interested. I'm looking for a partner that has a high level of art/drawing capability and meshes well with my personality to create one awesome game. I'd love to create the prototype and have a nice semi professional video made of the game and "roll the dice" pun intended to see if we could get enough support to make this a reality. I've got the board design, rules, and other little tricks that will make this game an interesting strategic battle between four players with a future expansion to six players.

If anyone is interested in dedicating some hard work and time, I would definitely like to bring you on my team and create something awesome. My goal isn't riches or fame, but just to leave a mark in the board gaming community. If you feel the same way, and our personalities mesh well, please hit me up.

I was even going to bother Pixel Dan since he's another Illinois Native to do a promo video (if he's interested) to demonstrate the game and create a polished demo. I do realize that there is a lot of logistics that go into this, but I have a few connections that can make this a reality. I'm just looking for the right person who is (passionate) and not (greedy) to make a life long dream come through.

Please send me your private messages with some of your artwork to see if we mesh and can collaborate on my idea. Thanks for your time and patience in reading this.

Respectfully,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Why is it a 4 player game?

I have a huge Masters role playing game floating around my head, but it is unlikely to get made.
    It would be as big as a dinning table and encompass a planetary map of Eternia and other planetary influences... etc.

I have a Masters chess game made. (It is a character structure symbolism thing too.)

You really need an understanding of story to make a Masters game.
    ..(or at least of Filmation and comics historically)
    Maybe I didn't clarify, this game would not be "Masters of the Universe" related, but something completely different.

Respectfully,
    John

Eternian-King Paul :

1 Lots of games are 4 players and more so why do you find it strange that this one will be as well?

2. How do you know Mystical Musician doesn't have an understanding of "story". Having read a lot of your posts it seems to me that you think you are the only one that does and I assure you that that is not the case.

3. You can't really compare this to your Masters Chess Game as Chess was already invented and thus all you are doing is using MOTU figs as the pieces. Unless you have changed some of the rules but then you could argue that it is no longer chess.

Mystical Musician :

If this is not MOTU related then this is in the wrong forum, it should be in the "Other Fan Creation Forum" which is where non-MOTU fan creations go so expect it to be moved before long.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Eternian-King Paul :
    Mystical Musician :

If this is not MOTU related then this is in the wrong forum, it should be in the "Other Fan Creation Forum" which is where non-MOTU fan creations go so expect it to be moved before long.
    I apologize about placing this in the wrong section but it has now been fixed.