View Poll Results: Should Filmation Hordak bring an extra "Filmation style" head?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

89 80.91%
  • No!

21 19.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Filmation Hordak bring an extra "Filmation style" head?

Heroic Warrior

Should Filmation Hordak bring an extra "Filmation style" head?

I'm starting this poll to know what the fans here at the .org have to say about a possible Filmation Hordak variant headsculpt.

We know Toyguru stated that these variants should have a connection with the Classics style, so they would have to use the same head as their first realease. But we also know that in some cases a second head is a great way to please fans from both sides. As a fan of Filmation Hordak, my favourite figure, I think that there's no way you can neglect a second head. If that goes against Classics then I don't know why Battleground Teela came with a different head in the first place.

So here's my question: knowing that any Hordak variant would have to come with the first released Classics Hordak headsculpt, would it be important for a Filmation variant of this character to also bring an extra head resembling the animated version?

Please vote.
    Last edited by nuno; June 8, 2012 at 10:00am.

I think that would be a perfect way to release him! I think they should add a filmation head to one of the skeletor varients (preferably terror claws because if anything gets added to DB I would prefer a missing Draego man weapon ) as well to knock him out.

I don't want just a simple color change and parts switching for a Filmation Hordak. I want an actual Filmation-inspired head sculpt as well as all new armor that more closely resembles the cartoon. I don't have it right now, but there's an image of Hordak from one of the old magazine posters that, to me, is THE. MOST. ICONIC. HORDAK. I need to have a figure of that particular Hordak in order to ever feel like my Evil Horde is complete!
    So, yes- a supposed "Filmation Hordak" MOTUC figure should have a second head with that classic cartoon/magazine poster look.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    "Besides color, what is different about the heads?"

I think you'll get some support for a newly sculpted head if you can show their differences. For experience I can tell you that TG won't think of differences between versions until they are pointed out to him. To fans, we want variants to stand out; Toyguru is trying to save money.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 7, 2012 at 07:02pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    zodak74: Those must be the Earl Norem's illustrations. There's a bunch of those with the most iconic being the one with Hordak and the rest of the horde members. That Hordak version is way closer to the Filmation style than it is to the action figure.

I would like to know the reasons behind those who vote "no", it would make this discussion a lot richer.

- - - Updated - - -

MegaGearMax: I thought Toyguru was a "huge" MOTU fan. That's what he said anyway, not me. In this day and age, with the internet and all that, I think it's pretty easy to go out and find those differences by yourself. Even if you don't know what people are talking about, being a fan and caring should drive you to look for that information. It would take seconds, not minutes or hours.

Plus, on the question I left to him on the matty forums I even refer that the Filmation Hordak head has a more technological vibe to it, as the whole character itself.
    Last edited by nuno; June 7, 2012 at 07:26pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    MegaGearMax: I thought Toyguru was a "huge" MOTU fan. That's what he said anyway, not me. In this day and age, with the internet and all that, I think it's pretty easy to go out and find those differences by yourself. Even if you don't know what people are talking about, being a fan and caring should drive you to look for that information. It would take seconds, not minutes or hours.

Plus, on the question I left to him on the matty forums I even refer that the Filmation Hordak head has a more technological vibe to it, as the whole character itself.
    Toyguru says he's a huge fan, but that doesn't mean his knowledge is absolute or that he's a fan of the same things as you might be. As the guy budgeting this stuff, he might not see a point to sculpting a new Hordak head, so you'll have to point it out to him. Sometimes you have to do the legwork yourself since he's so busy. I've done this when trying to let him know that 200X King Hsss was different from normal King Hsss, The General can be different from Rattlor and MYP Roboto wasn't just normal Roboto with hyper anime detail.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    Ok! Then I'll see what people have to say about this topic and next time I'll try to approach it to him with some images. Though by his answer I could see he as some knowledge about the subject.

Absolutely, the Filmation head is smaller than the Classics head, and has some different features, it is not a direct carbon copy of the Vintage head. I know it's not 100% different, but it has enough, just as the FIlmation Skeletor head does, and Mer-Man's.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    The question on the poll asks for an extra head. It's not about the definitive Classics head, but if he should bring an extra one resembling a more Filmation style.

People don't like the filmation style? Is it too animated? Fine, what about an Earl Norem art styled head? Is that better for a definition?

We're talking about a big difference in proportion, a more mechanical jaw, different ear shape.

The point is, if Filmation hordak came with an extra head it would be a win/win situation.

The question on the poll asks for an extra head. It's not about the definitive Classics head, but if he should bring an extra one resembling a more Filmation style.

People don't like the filmation style? Is it too animated? Fine, what about an Earl Norem art styled head? Is that better for a definition?

We're talking about a big difference in proportion, a more mechanical jaw, different ear shape.

The point is, if Filmation hordak came with an extra head it would be a win/win situation.
    Why not?...We got an ALCALA head...
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

zodak74: Those must be the Earl Norem's illustrations. There's a bunch of those with the most iconic being the one with Hordak and the rest of the horde members. That Hordak version is way closer to the Filmation style than it is to the action figure.
    That's the version of Hordak I'm referring to!
    Huh... with Norem's Hordak and King Hiss "snake form" illustrations being some of the better representations of those two characters, it seems like an "Earl Norem Tribute Two Pack" would be a nice thing to have in this line, eh? King Hiss Vs Hordak, done Norem-style! Who's with me?

I'd have to say yes because the look is so different than what we have now.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    love an extra filmation head or a suprise hek tor kur head & blue imp.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Heroic Warrior
    Actually Imp has a much more animated vibe to him. Even on Norem's artwork Imp still looks like a cartoon. So since Mattel can't give us an alternate head how can they justify to do an Imp character?

Don't get me wrong because I want Imp but that's logic. And by the same logic what's Carnivous doing on my shelve?

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    1435333-hordak__4_.jpg P4013_Hordak_fullsizeimage3.jpg not too sure if this will work but these are the differences
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

A BIG FAT YES to a new head sculpt for my favorite Motu villain! Like I've written in previous posts it will justify the evolution or progress of the character in MOTUC just like SMAA's head, and both the BG femmes (which satisfied MYP and mini-comic fans) Blue Imp is a must, I'm sure the 4H can sculpt a cool version of him for Classics.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I would make do, and want an offical Hordak Filmation version head or no, just to have the buck, then make the head right via second parties, ect.

But this is a head that is almost the entire point of the figure.

But just do A Filmation Hordak. Just do it.

And please do a new head, even if that means the whole rest of the figure is repaint. I'd take repant hordak with hurrican hordak arm and nothing new except the head, if that's what it took.

Filmation head and armor all the way!

Emiliano's concept: MOTUC-Filmation-Hordak.jpg

Version B is perfect...
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Heroic Warrior
    I sure hope that the 4 Horsemen put their eyes on that Emiliano art, the B version is spot on!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I voted yes because I believe that we the fans should have these sorts of options open to us in order to display our collections the way we like them best. I personally don't like the Filmation Hordak head, but hey, we got an Alcala Skeletor head with Demo-Man, so Filmation heads (and by crikey, 200X heads!) should be fair game as far as alternate heads go. Or was the Alcala head also "setting a bad precedent" like the 200X Whiplash head was supposedly doing?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    HordeMonkey: You hit a lot of points in a simple post. Why shouldn't we get one? Even if we don't like it other's will and these kind of things shouldn't even be discussed, just made!

I'd still like to see what those who vote "no" have to say.

That Emiliano B sculpt would be so perfect, I would love to have that in plastic!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Oh yes!
    This one:

And Skeletor too:

Before colors:

If they do a Filmation Hordak and keep the original Hordak head only then that defeats the point of doing it. The Filmation head is more angular and robotic which fits in with that version and design of the character.

If they do it they have to do it right. It'd be like having NA Skeletor and NA He-Man released with only the normal heads, waste of time!
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!