View Poll Results: Will You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A (Single) New Character Figure ?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! I Am Ready To Sacrifice A New Character For Teela 2.0 !!

32 25.60%
  • No ! I Am Not Ready To Sacrifice Even A Single New Character For Teela 2.0 !!

93 74.40%

Thread: Would You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A New Character Figure ?

Hybrid View

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Would You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A New Character Figure ?

We all know that NONE of the old & new figures are going to get a second run ! It may give us a bitter feeling. But sadly, This Is The Truth ! There are so many old collectors have missed Teela in the past & most of them are “Teela-Less” till this very day. And, I don’t even have to mention about the new collectors !

So, it’s quite obvious that there is a huge.... HUGE demand for MOTUC Teela figure ! Yes, some Teela’s are available on markets like eBay, but the prices are simply INSANE ! Not everybody could afford that big “Scalpor” prices for Teela to fill their collection !! While it’s easy to grab BG Teela, this variant is dramatically different from the iconic version & not many are familiar with this BG version either !

But since we ALL need a MOTUC Teela, there is probably one solution.... ONLY ONE SOLUTION AVAILABLE...... It’s Teela 2.0 !!!

But Wait.... That’s Not An Easy Task Either ! Every time we talk about 2.0 figures OR variant figures, one question is ALWAYS raised in front of us. And that question is “Would you like to see variant of X figure or a new character like Two Bad (Remember Folks, this is just an example. So don’t get mad if you are a Two Bad fan, OK) ?”

Now I know that 2014 & 2015 are going to be based on “Vintage" & "Core New Characters” of all incarnations. But, should a “Core Character” figure like Teela, especially when she has hit the “Gone For Good” status, especially she has an incredible demand from the fans should be kept under guessing on “unsure” 2016 line ? Personally, that’s a big.... BIG Time Of Waiting !

So, this might be the right time to answer that question ! Well, atleast for the sake of Teela 2.0 !!

Will You Prefer A Teela 2.0 Figure Over A New Character Figure ? No Matter How Big That New Character Is.... Even If He OR She Happens To Be Your Favourite Character, Are You Ready For The Sacrifice ??

The Fate Of Teela 2.0 Is In Your Hands !!!!

NOTE : Please Do Not Treat This Just As A Fan Poll ! A small, handful of votes are not going to us any good. Only a MASSIVE amount of favourable votes (in big hundreds, maybe even in thousands) will make Scott even to think about this !! So, share this poll to your friends & known ones and ask to be part of it ! I hope we can do this like we always did in the past !!!
    Last edited by TUC138; November 29, 2012 at 11:50pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Court Magician
    I would love to own an updated Teela figure, but given the choice, I would much prefer to have another character...
    I had to to think about it though.

No, I already have Teela and love her. I would prefer a new character.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I would take a Teela 2.0 over any character at this point in the line, new, old vintage, or whatever.

No, Im happy with the teela(s) we have BRING ON NEW AND DIFFERENT CHARACTERS!!!

A Teela 2.0 wopuld have to be radically different for me to be interested. She would have to be as different from the first release of Teela as Bubble Power She-ra was from the first release of She-Ra.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I understand the plight of those without, but if we get another Teela, I'd rather get one of these variants:

-Snake Teela (a repaint as with the Toyfare exclusive would be great)
    -Bride of Skeletor Teela
    -Infant Teela (in a nest!)
    -Sorceress Teela (with her nifty falcon cloak)

Of course, I'd buy any Teela they make; I really want her first "up-do" head in blonde and her BG head in red.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    hmmmm, no but I had to think about it for a moment though. sure would like a 2.0 maybe a varient teela in the future. filmation, myp (young), or queen teela (older).
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Yes.

If she's a 100% Filmation version.

No I would not want to sacrifice a new character for a Teela 2.0, I would like a 200x Teela head included with another figure though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Yes.

If she's a 100% Filmation version.
    DING! DING! DING! YES! This is my thought exactly!

But, sadly I don't think it will happen, so I voted no............ with great hesitation...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

There already is a Teela 2.0. Her 2nd run is Battleground Teela. She was even just available for the extended Black Friday sale.

I'd rather have a new figure than a 3rd Teela (or 4th, considering the Green Goddess)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    There already is a Teela 2.0. Her 2nd run is Battleground Teela. She was even just available for the extended Black Friday sale.
    A Teela 2.0 would be a corrected version of the 1st release, not a straight variant. Fixed bobblehead, softer plastic tunic, waist articulation, etc. Since she's never been reissued, she's hard to come by so it would also put a regular Teela figure in people's hands.

I have no interest in a Teela 2.0.

If we get another Teela, I'd rather have a MYP Teela.

I looked for the "god no are you kidding me" poll option. Couldn't find it. So just chose the "no..." option.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

I'd take a Teela 2.0 over Illumina, the NA Scientists, or... man. Out of what's left? I would rather have a Green Comic Trapjaw (which I am in no rush to get) or if they could think of something cool like Bubble Power She Ra (which is really She Ra 2.0) but I cant think of anything to add to her to make her fresh. I mean when the line started and we got a He-Man 2.0 and a Skelly 2.0 (though as I recall not much on Bone Head changed) that's fine.

But this far in? Meh. Unless they got real cool variant wise.

heck, give me her Unicorn. I'll put Battleground Teela on it and call it a day.

I just got Battleground Evil-Lyn in a trade recently and noticed something that should apply to Teela (and those clamoring for a 2.0 version of her).

If the forearms for BG Evil-Lyn were re-tooled to include rotating bracelets, why would they ONLY use them on BG Evil-Lyn? This line is ALL ABOUT re-using parts. Matty has LOTS of upgrades they can implement to make Teela 2.0 happen! Here is a short list of things Mattel fixed after Teela's release...

- neck post no longer a bobble head
    - female 2.0 crotch
    - boots re-tooled for female 2.0 body
    - bracelets can rotate for vintage style or corrected display

With these fixes already in place, the opportunity to throw a Filmation Teela head in the package, and fans clamoring for a Teela re-release since she's a CORE character, WHY NOT make a Teela 2.0??? I really hope this isn't a ball Mattel is going to drop. If we have to be patient a little while longer, I'm ok with that. I just want to add Teela to my collection without spending $100 for her.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

It depends, which character would we have to sacrifice?
    If it's a heavy hitter like Extendar, Rio Blast, or Two Bad, then the answer is obviously no.

But I would definitely prefer an improved Teela over, for example, Rotar (sorry, Penny Dreadful! ) or some of the remaining He-Man/Skeletor variants.

Mattel may have to start doing some 2.0 variants of the A list characters if they line is still going by 2016, and all they have left to make are D-list Galactic Guardians & Space Mutants.

New characters over variants.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

So Battleground Teela wasn't Teela 2.0 then . No way to Teela 2.0, Teela 1.0 is just fine.

New characters not already in the line please.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It depends, which character would we have to sacrifice?
    If it's a heavy hitter like Extendar, Rio Blast, or Two Bad, then the answer is obviously no.

But I would definitely prefer an improved Teela over, for example, Rotar (sorry, Penny Dreadful! ) or some of the remaining He-Man/Skeletor variants.

Mattel may have to start doing some 2.0 variants of the A list characters if they line is still going by 2016, and all they have left to make are D-list Galactic Guardians & Space Mutants.
    It wouldn't be instead of the most popular and important characters which aren't done yet, it would be instead of an F-lister. They would drop the LEAST important character for her, not the most.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    This is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to 2016 !

I am totally sick with this "wrap-up" 2014-2015 line !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !