View Poll Results: Will You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A (Single) New Character Figure ?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! I Am Ready To Sacrifice A New Character For Teela 2.0 !!

32 25.60%
  • No ! I Am Not Ready To Sacrifice Even A Single New Character For Teela 2.0 !!

93 74.40%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A New Character Figure ?

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Would You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A New Character Figure ?

We all know that NONE of the old & new figures are going to get a second run ! It may give us a bitter feeling. But sadly, This Is The Truth ! There are so many old collectors have missed Teela in the past & most of them are “Teela-Less” till this very day. And, I don’t even have to mention about the new collectors !

So, it’s quite obvious that there is a huge.... HUGE demand for MOTUC Teela figure ! Yes, some Teela’s are available on markets like eBay, but the prices are simply INSANE ! Not everybody could afford that big “Scalpor” prices for Teela to fill their collection !! While it’s easy to grab BG Teela, this variant is dramatically different from the iconic version & not many are familiar with this BG version either !

But since we ALL need a MOTUC Teela, there is probably one solution.... ONLY ONE SOLUTION AVAILABLE...... It’s Teela 2.0 !!!

But Wait.... That’s Not An Easy Task Either ! Every time we talk about 2.0 figures OR variant figures, one question is ALWAYS raised in front of us. And that question is “Would you like to see variant of X figure or a new character like Two Bad (Remember Folks, this is just an example. So don’t get mad if you are a Two Bad fan, OK) ?”

Now I know that 2014 & 2015 are going to be based on “Vintage" & "Core New Characters” of all incarnations. But, should a “Core Character” figure like Teela, especially when she has hit the “Gone For Good” status, especially she has an incredible demand from the fans should be kept under guessing on “unsure” 2016 line ? Personally, that’s a big.... BIG Time Of Waiting !

So, this might be the right time to answer that question ! Well, atleast for the sake of Teela 2.0 !!

Will You Prefer A Teela 2.0 Figure Over A New Character Figure ? No Matter How Big That New Character Is.... Even If He OR She Happens To Be Your Favourite Character, Are You Ready For The Sacrifice ??

The Fate Of Teela 2.0 Is In Your Hands !!!!

NOTE : Please Do Not Treat This Just As A Fan Poll ! A small, handful of votes are not going to us any good. Only a MASSIVE amount of favourable votes (in big hundreds, maybe even in thousands) will make Scott even to think about this !! So, share this poll to your friends & known ones and ask to be part of it ! I hope we can do this like we always did in the past !!!
    Last edited by TUC138; November 29, 2012 at 11:50pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Court Magician
    I would love to own an updated Teela figure, but given the choice, I would much prefer to have another character...
    I had to to think about it though.

No, I already have Teela and love her. I would prefer a new character.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I would take a Teela 2.0 over any character at this point in the line, new, old vintage, or whatever.

No, Im happy with the teela(s) we have BRING ON NEW AND DIFFERENT CHARACTERS!!!

A Teela 2.0 wopuld have to be radically different for me to be interested. She would have to be as different from the first release of Teela as Bubble Power She-ra was from the first release of She-Ra.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I wouldn't mind getting a Teela 2.0, but not at the sacrifice of a new character.

We still have the $25 slot for 2013 which is a variant of He-Man. So, assuming in 2014 we still have the same number of SKUs and a $25 variant slot is open for that year... well, we wouldn't have to sacrifice anybody and a Teela 2.0 could go into that slot. Or she could easily be a traveling con exclusive, or even be offered outside the sub.
    That said, at this point, so many folks still need a Teela, and she will never be reissued again... so I can see many people preferring a Teela 2.0 to a Rotar, Master Sebrian, Josh, or a Kulatuk figure.

There already is a Teela 2.0. Her 2nd run is Battleground Teela. She was even just available for the extended Black Friday sale.

I'd rather have a new figure than a 3rd Teela (or 4th, considering the Green Goddess)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    There already is a Teela 2.0. Her 2nd run is Battleground Teela. She was even just available for the extended Black Friday sale.
    A Teela 2.0 would be a corrected version of the 1st release, not a straight variant. Fixed bobblehead, softer plastic tunic, waist articulation, etc. Since she's never been reissued, she's hard to come by so it would also put a regular Teela figure in people's hands.

I have no interest in a Teela 2.0.

If we get another Teela, I'd rather have a MYP Teela.

I looked for the "god no are you kidding me" poll option. Couldn't find it. So just chose the "no..." option.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

I understand the plight of those without, but if we get another Teela, I'd rather get one of these variants:

-Snake Teela (a repaint as with the Toyfare exclusive would be great)
    -Bride of Skeletor Teela
    -Infant Teela (in a nest!)
    -Sorceress Teela (with her nifty falcon cloak)

Of course, I'd buy any Teela they make; I really want her first "up-do" head in blonde and her BG head in red.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    hmmmm, no but I had to think about it for a moment though. sure would like a 2.0 maybe a varient teela in the future. filmation, myp (young), or queen teela (older).
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Yes.

If she's a 100% Filmation version.

No I would not want to sacrifice a new character for a Teela 2.0, I would like a 200x Teela head included with another figure though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It's not easy to answer this question: would I sacrifice an all new character to see any updated old character?
    Basically the answer has to be "Yes!".
    I didn't miss any MotUC-character on the release-day, but if I had I'd be screaming for that character too.
    Teela is one of the most important characters in the MotU-world and if we are looking at all the characters that have seen a re-release, it's a shame, that Teela did not.
    I hope all the fans who ordered 2 or more Teelas back in 2009 to make an Evil-Lyn-custom or an She-Ra or something else regret this now.
    I cannot count how many awful customs I've seen based on the MotUC-Teela.

So for all the fans who are missing Teela in their collection, I hope, that one day we'll see a re-release or a Teela 2.0.
    But I'm worrying how a Teela 2.0 could look like to make her as interesting as She-Ra 2.0 was.
    Perhaps an 200X-head or something like that? I loved the long hair back in the 200x days.
    I'd love to see a Snake-Teela, because I loved the 200X-version of this transformed character.
    Maybe Mattel finds a way to give us the Sorceress-cape for the Battleground Teela. This might be a good idea to give us Teela 2.0? The cape could be dressed to both Teela versions: Teela 1.0 and BG-Teela.
    Last edited by Polygonus; December 1, 2012 at 12:29pm.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    IF they released a Classics Teela 2.0, she would have the updated two-piece outfit and it would be much softer enabling her to ride Battlecat, Stridor, or any future horse we may receive.

A Filmation accurate Evil-Lyn with the improved 2.0 outfit wouldn't be out of the question either. I'm not much for Filmation variants, especially considering how long Filmation Randor has stuck around but I'm all for Filmation fans getting their difinitive Evil-Lyn and not some half-baked variant like the not quite 200X Battleground Evil-Lyn.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

No, I have 2 (or 3 depending on how you view extra heads) versions of Teela and I'd like to get more unreleased characters before another Teela.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    IF they released a Classics Teela 2.0, she would have the updated two-piece outfit and it would be much softer enabling her to ride Battlecat, Stridor, or any future horse we may receive.

A Filmation accurate Evil-Lyn with the improved 2.0 outfit wouldn't be out of the question either. I'm not much for Filmation variants, especially considering how long Filmation Randor has stuck around but I'm all for Filmation fans getting their difinitive Evil-Lyn and not some half-baked variant like the not quite 200X Battleground Evil-Lyn.
    As much as I am an Evil-Lyn-fan, I'm not sure if I want any more varaints of her. Her 200X-look was great and the filmation look was cool too, but I don't think I'd like to buy some more variants of her, that have only a few other details on her.
    About filmation-variants: Wasn't said that there will be no Filmation-variants on characters we've already seen in the MotUC-line? And then here comes Eternos Palace Randor. He's awesome, but I'm curious to see, how many filmation-variants we'll get to see in the future.
    I'm not against filmation-designs, no. But do we have to get a whole new filmation-variant of some characters? I think, a second head in filmation-style would be a great addition to some figures and that should be enough (for example I'd love to see a filmation-Hordak-head with Buzz-Saw-Hordak).

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    As of now, only 5 MOTUC Teelas available on eBay...

1st one listed @ $120.00 (Buy Now WITH Make Offer) !

2nd one listed @ $80.00 ! (Buy Now) !

3rd one currently bidding @ $51.00 (auction) !

4th one currently bidding @ $50.00 (auction) !

5th one currently bidding @ $46.00 (auction) !

I am sure the auctions will end around $60-65 range ! And that says the story !!
    Last edited by TUC138; December 3, 2012 at 02:29pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Definitely take priority over a new character before releasing another Teela. I'm cool with a 200X long ponytail Teela head for the re-release. Had to trade an arm and a leg to get my Teela though.

I would prefer literally any character getting a figure made over getting a Teela 2.0 (actually 3.0, since we already got the BBT version).

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Yes.

If she's a 100% Filmation version.
    DING! DING! DING! YES! This is my thought exactly!

But, sadly I don't think it will happen, so I voted no............ with great hesitation...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

If she takes a Variant slot then yes, because technically, there are no "new" characters as variants. It's not like we're going to get a Battle Armor Strong Arm or something, we have to get a Strong Arm first before we get a variant (not that I am calling for that, just an example). SMAA was not a new character, he was a variant of an existing character, I'd have taken a properly done Teela variant (if she was done like BP She-Ra) over SMAA, and I actually really like SMAA (just with the Duncan stached head).
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!