View Poll Results: Will You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A (Single) New Character Figure ?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ! I Am Ready To Sacrifice A New Character For Teela 2.0 !!

30 25.86%
  • No ! I Am Not Ready To Sacrifice Even A Single New Character For Teela 2.0 !!

86 74.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You Prefer Teela 2.0 Figure Over A New Character Figure ?

I understand that there is some demand for her - but not for me. I want more characters, not the same ones again and again. if they do create a new Teela then i hope it is MYP or even the new DC52 version, just soemthing to make her different.

I do think you will see a new Teela soon though... but in her sorceress guise.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

If MOTUC had an unlimited budget and unlimited SKUs I would say, sure, bring on a new Teela variant. I think there's definitely justification for making a new version of Teela. Teela 1.0 was an early figure, and there's a lot of improvements that could be made, while also giving fans that missed out on her an opportunity to add her to their collection. Also, a more Filmation accurate Teela has merit as well, we should get both!

That being said, I would rather see every vintage figure, concept, mini-comic character, and 4HM fever dream made before wasting a slot on a rehash. We have a Teela, it's time to move on.

I said no. Let's get the figures not made yet. Vintage,Filmation,Mini Comic & 200x.

I'd take a Teela 2.0 over Illumina, the NA Scientists, or... man. Out of what's left? I would rather have a Green Comic Trapjaw (which I am in no rush to get) or if they could think of something cool like Bubble Power She Ra (which is really She Ra 2.0) but I cant think of anything to add to her to make her fresh. I mean when the line started and we got a He-Man 2.0 and a Skelly 2.0 (though as I recall not much on Bone Head changed) that's fine.

But this far in? Meh. Unless they got real cool variant wise.

heck, give me her Unicorn. I'll put Battleground Teela on it and call it a day.

I just got Battleground Evil-Lyn in a trade recently and noticed something that should apply to Teela (and those clamoring for a 2.0 version of her).

If the forearms for BG Evil-Lyn were re-tooled to include rotating bracelets, why would they ONLY use them on BG Evil-Lyn? This line is ALL ABOUT re-using parts. Matty has LOTS of upgrades they can implement to make Teela 2.0 happen! Here is a short list of things Mattel fixed after Teela's release...

- neck post no longer a bobble head
    - female 2.0 crotch
    - boots re-tooled for female 2.0 body
    - bracelets can rotate for vintage style or corrected display

With these fixes already in place, the opportunity to throw a Filmation Teela head in the package, and fans clamoring for a Teela re-release since she's a CORE character, WHY NOT make a Teela 2.0??? I really hope this isn't a ball Mattel is going to drop. If we have to be patient a little while longer, I'm ok with that. I just want to add Teela to my collection without spending $100 for her.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

It depends, which character would we have to sacrifice?
    If it's a heavy hitter like Extendar, Rio Blast, or Two Bad, then the answer is obviously no.

But I would definitely prefer an improved Teela over, for example, Rotar (sorry, Penny Dreadful! ) or some of the remaining He-Man/Skeletor variants.

Mattel may have to start doing some 2.0 variants of the A list characters if they line is still going by 2016, and all they have left to make are D-list Galactic Guardians & Space Mutants.

New characters over variants.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

So Battleground Teela wasn't Teela 2.0 then . No way to Teela 2.0, Teela 1.0 is just fine.

New characters not already in the line please.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I understand that there is some demand for her - but not for me. I want more characters, not the same ones again and again. if they do create a new Teela then i hope it is MYP or even the new DC52 version, just soemthing to make her different.

I do think you will see a new Teela soon though... but in her sorceress guise.
    I thought Scott said Battleground Teela (Blond bikini Teela) was Teela 2.0 so maybe you are looking for Teela 3.0 which we probably will never see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    So Battleground Teela wasn't Teela 2.0 then . No way to Teela 2.0, Teela 1.0 is just fine.

Agree with THIS ^ 100%

So Battleground Teela wasn't Teela 2.0 then .
    No. BG Teela is just a variant. She's not Teela 2.0, in the same way that the upcoming New Adventures He-Man isn't He-Man 2.0.

A real Teela 2.0 would be more like Bubble Power She-Ra, allowing us the option of swapping parts from the original version onto the new body to create the ultimate Teela figure.

No. I already have two Teela's and that's about enough for me.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    I just got Battleground Evil-Lyn in a trade recently and noticed something that should apply to Teela (and those clamoring for a 2.0 version of her).

If the forearms for BG Evil-Lyn were re-tooled to include rotating bracelets, why would they ONLY use them on BG Evil-Lyn? This line is ALL ABOUT re-using parts. Matty has LOTS of upgrades they can implement to make Teela 2.0 happen! Here is a short list of things Mattel fixed after Teela's release...

- neck post no longer a bobble head
    - female 2.0 crotch
    - boots re-tooled for female 2.0 body
    - bracelets can rotate for vintage style or corrected display

With these fixes already in place, the opportunity to throw a Filmation Teela head in the package, and fans clamoring for a Teela re-release since she's a CORE character, WHY NOT make a Teela 2.0??? I really hope this isn't a ball Mattel is going to drop. If we have to be patient a little while longer, I'm ok with that. I just want to add Teela to my collection without spending $100 for her.
    There are more than enough reasons and ways to make her happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    New characters over variants.

But what you guys overlook, Teela 2.0 would not take a "New" character slot at all, she would be a variant (BP She-Ra) and take the variant slot....variants by definition are not new characters....So unless it was Filmation Hordak that got bumped for her, then I don't care personally.

But it's ass if they get Spirit Hordak out, King He-Man and all those non Vintage ones, yet not find a way to get the most iconic version of Hordak for Filmation & POP fans, which is most different enough from the regular Hordak to get done.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yes, I would prefer Teela 2.0, Beast-Man 2.0, and Fisto 2.0 over any new characters which haven't been done yet, most of which I have to Google anyway. I won't spend $100 on a MOTUC figure, so it's like they don't exist to me.

Sorry, i am all for a Teela 2.0 but not at the cost of a new character. We already have 2 versions of her. I'd happily buy a 200X version of N52 but as an out of sub extra like Bubble Power She-Ra
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It depends, which character would we have to sacrifice?
    If it's a heavy hitter like Extendar, Rio Blast, or Two Bad, then the answer is obviously no.

But I would definitely prefer an improved Teela over, for example, Rotar (sorry, Penny Dreadful! ) or some of the remaining He-Man/Skeletor variants.

Mattel may have to start doing some 2.0 variants of the A list characters if they line is still going by 2016, and all they have left to make are D-list Galactic Guardians & Space Mutants.
    It wouldn't be instead of the most popular and important characters which aren't done yet, it would be instead of an F-lister. They would drop the LEAST important character for her, not the most.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    This is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to 2016 !

I am totally sick with this "wrap-up" 2014-2015 line !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I am looking forward to 2016 !

I am totally sick with this "wrap-up" 2014-2015 line !!
    I don't get why people think she would take a slot from a new figure....she would be a variant, there are no new Variants....yeah, there are a few wanted ones like FF He-Man....Filmation Hordak....but Teela 2.0 would take a Variant slot, not a regular monthly sub slot.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!