View Poll Results: Which Design & Deco Should Teela 2.0 Be Based On ?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exactly Like The 1st Version, But In 2.0 Female Buck !

18 24.32%
  • Filmation Design & Deco (New Head, Golden Top With Long Queen Marlena Collar) In Female Buck 2.0 ?

56 75.68%

Thread: Teela 2.0 Design & Deco - Filmation OR Similar To First Version ?

Hybrid View

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Teela 2.0 Design & Deco - Filmation OR Similar To First Version ?

The title says it all folks ! "IF" we are getting Teela 2.0, how will you like to see her ?

NOTE : I have not included the 200X design since it will "fit" with teen buck very well !!
    Last edited by TUC138; November 30, 2012 at 02:12pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

If it's not the same outfit as the first version, then it's not a Teela 2.0.

I voted for the first option. I want a classic toy outfit Teela that can turn at the waist. There are differences that can be made to make her special from the first release- in other words don't alter her sooo much that owners of the original would feel like if they passed her up they would be missing something vital. But do enough that completists would feel rewarded for double-dipping.
    Give her the BG Evil-Lyn rotating bracers, and change them from the original's white and gold to all gold (like the classic toy) but with highlights.
    Boots and hair- make them both redder (similar to how in the classic line we had a redhead Teela and later they rereleased the darker brown version).
    Make the gold on her bodice and bracers a bit brighter, like the brightest gold used on Bow's boots for instance.
    In lieu of the helmeted head and cobra armor (most folks will have this head already from the first release, as well as two options for cobra armor now thanks to the latest weapons pak), include an Alcala-inspired mini-comic 2nd head with blonde tussled hair. I'm not talking about the BG Teela head based on the DC comics, I'm talking a good mash-up of the various Teelas from the original 4 mini-comics. This would mean giving her a different tiara for this look as well. And I would want them to tweak the face sculpt as well to more closely resemble the mini-comic Teela.
    Accessories: her shield done in the pinkish Weapons Pak 3 colors to match that set's snake staff and cobra armor. No Staff Of Ka or 2002 sword, as folks already had a chance to get these in the original release plus the new weapons pak. Instead, give her a newly-sculpted Filmation sword like the one we often would see her in battle with. Perhaps a snap-on freeze ray wrist attachment, as she was often fond of freezing her opponents in the cartoon. I would also recolor the laser blaster that BG Teela came with and include that with her.

The reason why I didn't vote straight Filmation is because I feel like the regular Teela we already have negates the need for a stripped down, too basic-looking Filmation version of the character. A lot of folks love Eternos Palace Randor, but an equal amount have said that hemming to close to the cartoon makes for a dull-looking action figure. There's really no need to have a Teela with LESS details. There IS a need for a Teela with more articulation and posing options. This type of Teela 2.0 would take the original figure, improve upon it, and also include easter eggs items for fans of both the original mini-comics AND Filmation (the second head with different face, hair, and tiara sculpt... the inclusion of Filmation based weaponry).
    Last edited by zodak74; November 30, 2012 at 10:30am.

You have some great ideas, zodak74. Although one of the reasons I'd love a 2.0 is b/c I'd like to see corrected, 2-piece snake armor that allows for head articulation. If they weren't going to do that, then I'd be all for axing the armor from the package, but I'd like to see a new version of it made.

Also, for those interested, there's a support thread here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...la-2-0-variant

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The reason why I didn't vote straight Filmation is because I feel like the regular Teela we already have negates the need for a stripped down, too basic-looking Filmation version of the character. A lot of folks love Eternos Palace Randor, but an equal amount have said that hemming to close to the cartoon makes for a dull-looking action figure. There's really no need to have a Teela with LESS details. There IS a need for a Teela with more articulation and posing options. This type of Teela 2.0 would take the original figure, improve upon it, and also include easter eggs items for fans of both the original mini-comics AND Filmation (the second head with different face, hair, and tiara sculpt... the inclusion of Filmation based weaponry).
    Why do some people keep equating "Filmation" with "less details" so as to dismiss Filmation influences? Filmation Randor is a markedly different design from the vintage version (a courtly king vs. a warrior king), and Filmation Teela also features marked differences from her vintage incarnation. Those differences are not merely a "lack of detail", they are genuine design variants, and most people who want Filmation versions want them for exactly those design differences, not at all for the lack of detail in the animation cells due to animation budgeting needs. Most of us who ask for Filmation variants would like the 4H to sculpt those variants with higher, more realistic detail than a mere carbon copy of the stripped-down cheap-animation rendering of those designs. Apart from improved articulation, Filmation She-Ra 2.0 (mix-and-match of her Filmation head and cape from the 1.0 version with the 2.0 body) has a more detailed sculpt than her previous 1.0 version (particularly in her boots and vambraces) while remaining true to her iconic Filmation look.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; November 30, 2012 at 03:40pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I'd much rather get a new Teela variant:

-Snake Teela
    -Bride of Skeletor Teela
    -Sorceress Teela

...and I really want her two heads with reversed hair colors.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    A Teela 2.0 is something I really want.
    Filmation or MYP would be great. I would swap the heads accordingly.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

filmation if only because we dont need a second. If we do, we need something notable. And it would be a fine teela for collectors who have no teela (or only BG Teela).