Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catra in Cat Form?

Catra in Cat Form?

I have to be honest - I want a Catra in Cat Form figure about as much (if not more) than a want a Kowl in the MOTUC line. And I really want a Kowl.

Anyone else dying for one of these? She'd need to have articulated legs (unlike Cringer) for pouncing on She-Ra and Bow and the other figures. I mean, they went and made Catra pretty Filmation-styled...so why not complete her?

I somehow doubt this is even on Matty's radar....

I would recommend this could be made VERY easily by mattel, just use the cringer static figure, and give it a new head... bam.. done.

I know ppl want it articulated... but I jsut dont see mattel bothering to go that far with a "alt form" of a secondary character.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I would recommend this could be made VERY easily by mattel, just use the cringer static figure, and give it a new head... bam.. done.
    Cringer should have had at least basic articulation (that's five points of articulation at a minimum: the head and the four legs). MotUC is supposed to be all about highly-articulated action figures, not about statues or near-statues.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I know ppl want it articulated... but I jsut dont see mattel bothering to go that far with a "alt form" of a secondary character.
    Catra a secondary character? She's one the Horde's top A-listers; Hordak's second-in-command in the Filmation series, and the main villainess in the vintage PoP toyline. Princess of Power is part of the MotUverse, whether "vintage purists" like it or not. Would people tolerate it if PoP fans called Evil-Lyn or Teela "secondary characters" because they are not within their preferred segment of the MotUverse?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Cringer should have had at least basic articulation (that's five points of articulation at a minimum: the head and the four legs). MotUC is supposed to be all about highly-articulated action figures, not about statues or near-statues.

Catra a secondary character? She's one the Horde's top A-listers; Hordak's second-in-command in the Filmation series, and the main villainess in the vintage PoP toyline. Princess of Power is part of the MotUverse, whether "vintage purists" like it or not. Would people tolerate it if PoP fans called Evil-Lyn or Teela "secondary characters" because they are not within their preferred segment of the MotUverse?
    True, but sadly "Mattel" considers female figures and PoP figures secondary to the vintage [MOTU brand] stuff... plus her "alt form" would be kicked to very low near the bottom of a "to do list" right now with them pushing ahead with a core and vintage only lineup.. if thats even the case which I still doubt.
    Last edited by Replikor; December 3, 2012 at 01:55pm.

I would love to see Catra's Magicat form made, I think it's cool that she can turn into her own battle cat! I feel that using Cringer as a base would be both too small and not quite the sleek body type. Cringer's neck is too wide. At the same time, a full beast slot would be overkill. Catra shouldn't be as big as Battle Cat or Panthor, that would be more suitable for Clawdeen.

Instead, I'd like to see a new, articulated Magicat body that's only slightly bigger than a standard figure. Call her "Fright Zone Catra", put her in an Orko box with Filmation Imp as a pack-in, and I'm sold!

Or a couple of her vintage flying cats from Journey to Mizar, heheh!

I would love to see Catra's Magicat form made, I think it's cool that she can turn into her own battle cat! I feel that using Cringer as a base would be both too small and not quite the sleek body type. Cringer's neck is too wide. At the same time, a full beast slot would be overkill. Catra shouldn't be as big as Battle Cat or Panthor, that would be more suitable for Clawdeen.

Instead, I'd like to see a new, articulated Magicat body that's only slightly bigger than a standard figure. Call her "Fright Zone Catra", put her in an Orko box with Filmation Imp as a pack-in, and I'm sold!
    Oh I'm on-board Though I think she'd sell better with Kowl - let's save Imp as the Filmation Hordak accessory, shall we?

And Cringer's body would not work. That's the thing with Catra in Cat Form - you'd have a hard time customizing her. So I really hope Mattel makes her. Let the campaign begin!
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; December 3, 2012 at 04:04pm.

Yes please!

Catra is one of my favorite characters, so yes I want one & badly. I mean that is her power, right?

No Cat Form Catra, we riot!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm surprised that they didn't make this already. I'm in support for it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

BIG YES from me. This is an imperative figure since it's the thrust of Catra's powers. I'd love to get this as a Basic figure before teh end of the line. As much as I'd love getting any of the other Catra variants, this one is really important.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Snappy Threader
    Big yes for me too. Another iconic character representation.

I support it, and here is my thoughts on this....As a convention exclusive, have a Catra Variant multi-pack.

Shower Power Catra, Scratchin' Sound Catra, and Vintage Toy Catra all use the exact same upper torso. So, the multi-pack would have that vintage torso and three different sets of legs that can snap on and be swapped, each pair of legs corresponding to the vintage toy and 2 variants. Just like how King Hssss has the pair of legs and two torsos that can be swapped. The accessories would include any unique weapons, skirts, and masks that belonged to the vintage counterpart. And then, her panther form would be included as another "variant" figure w/ articulation. The SDCC version could be packed out as Scratchin' Sound Catra (with unique bio), while the Matty version can be packed out as Shower Power Catra (again, with a unique bio). It would be a perfect salute to the 30th anniversary of She-Ra (2015). And, as a SDCC item, the price point can vary. So, if this particular item needs to cost $40, or $45, or $50, it can.

Yes put me down for one!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

I absolutely want this figure, sign me up!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Catra's panther form must happen in Classics. It's such an important part of her character, much like Zoar is to the Sorceress. Catra had Storm and Clawdeen in the vintage line but I personally feel that her panther form is more important than these two.

photo Catra_Beast_zps7a464f93.jpg
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I really am intensely wanting to see the 4H make this. I definitely think it would sell - people KNOW Catra is this beast, and it's a big part of her appeal - and the 4H would do a good job with it. They struggle with some sculpts (the females in the line being one of them), but they do well with animals.

If only this figure would get some mainstream support from the fans. I feel like this thread is off somewhere in a corner...
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; August 7, 2013 at 09:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    If only this figure would get some mainstream support from the fans. I feel like this thread is off somewhere in a corner...
    I know! I did a poll to help build support. I've been trying to mention her every chance I can. I also today posted a question to Scott about her over on Ask Matty.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

would love to see a "mini-creatures" 3 pack....cat form catra / kowl / imp. kowl's already done...so that would save them some tooling costs.

She may not be coming in the next 2 years but she deserves a sport after that for sure
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I still very much want one, but what with the line faltering, I really wish I had gotten a Clawdeen.

At least a new character. Heck I had/have visions of toy version variant catra mounted on clawdeen.

But I'll take a catra in cat form happily still.

I really hope we can get all of them.

Clawdeen doesn't really equate to Catra in cat form for me, but I see what you're saying. She was a vintage character, so naturally, you'd like to see her updated. I also wonder what the 4H would do with that crazy curly mane of hers!

Catra in cat form is to Catra what She-Ra is to Adora - the alter ego. The powered-up version.

I desperately want this one made, and wish I'd been saying it years ago and trying to get some buzz around the idea here on the site.

I know! I did a poll to help build support. I've been trying to mention her every chance I can. I also today posted a question to Scott about her over on Ask Matty.
    I'm going to give you a BIG FAT INTERNET HUG for that! Let's try to get the word out - you never know, right?

The magicats episode of She-ra is currently playing.

As many people have reflected, Catra's clawdeen form is as essential for me as Zoar/Sorceress, Cringer/Battle Cat. This Cat form would be perfect if they took BC or Panthor's sculpt and scaled it down a little. Slap on a new head (with articulated jaw), removable mask (so you can reenact her being forced to turn back into Catra) and full articulation of the larger cats. A little extra bonus could be a freeze beam effect.

I'd commit to a 2016 sub if Catra's cat form were included. lol.

I really want Catra's panther form in MOTUC. If its included in a PoP pack for the anniversary of She-Ra or as an "accessory" to an upcoming Horde member, or even better as a multi articulated smaller beast, I'm all for having her in Classics. She's as essential as Zoar and Cringer are to their respective alter egos.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Widget

When will we see a "Cat Mode" Catra?

As collectors of the line, I'm sure POP fans are familiar with Clawdeen, Catra's pink lioness-with-a-mane-in-rollers.
    But what I'd want to see is Catra's cat form. In the cartoon, when she put her cat mask down over her eyes, she could turn into a panther wearing red spiked body armor. The only way to change her back was either knock the cat mask off (unless you're Battlecat or She-Ra, good luck!), or hope she decides to change back on her own.
    This could easily be done by using Panthor (her cat form was an off-shade of purple) with either the same shade of purple flocking, or a more watered-down "Grape Kool-Aid" shade. In this form, Catra's only accessories were the signature cat mask, red with green lenses, made to cover the panther's eyes and a form-fitting red armor/shroud, with small spikes over her spine. For the figure fans, a second cat mask could be made to resemble the POP doll's silver mask.

If this goes well, I'm sure someone could be tied down and... convinced that Clawdeen (Catra's answer to Battle Cat/Panthor) should be a limited-run exclusive.
    -- Cybertronian.

P.S.: "Netossa"!? Was the name fairy out to lunch that day?
    P.P.S.: 1 Confederate Dollar (read: it's valueless!) to the person who finds a real person named "Netossa" in the White Pages!

I am very interested to learn that Catra's Cat Form is appearing in He-Man.org's official 2016 character poll as a regular character and not a vehicle or beast! Given this, is it safe to assume Catra's Cat Form would be made smaller than Battle Cat, and if so, could we see a fully articulated Cringer figure using the same body? This idea would be a great boon for Catra fans as her feline form would gain greater support from Cringer fans!

Toyguru tells us this would be possible.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/6351008568