Thread: NFL Tragedy

NFL Tragedy

An NFL player for the Chiefs has shot himself while his coach looked on in horror. He is dead.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    An NFL player for the Chiefs has shot himself while his coach looked on in horror. He is dead.
    And don't forget that he shot and killed his poor girlfriend before all of that happened...
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; December 3, 2012 at 07:15am.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Not surprised when this happens to sports players. They are nothing but spoiled rich bullies who had the right skills to be athletes and have no future outside of the sports world because they were too stupid to get a real education.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    And don't forget that he shot and killed his poor girlfriend before all of that happened...
    Well, I'm not a reporter, heh. I would use the word allegedly just to be on the safe side. Not sure what level of evidence has been collected, as I haven't read the police report.

Well, I'm not a reporter, heh. I would use the word allegedly just to be on the safe side. Not sure what level of evidence has been collected, as I haven't read the police report.
    His mother was living at the house with them and she was home when he murdered his girlfriend. She then called 911 while he ran off to kill himself.

I think its sad when someone does something so horrific and we only concentrate on the celebrity. Yes, it is sad he killed himself, but even more devastating that he murdered someone.

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    November figure = Ealo

I think under normal circumstances (if there is such a thing) people would be more focused on the victim.

But when the guy blows himself away at the practice facility with his team looking on, people are going to spend a lot of time trying to recreate that scene. So you would anticipate his death would get more attention.

I think under normal circumstances (if there is such a thing) people would be more focused on the victim.

But when the guy blows himself away at the practice facility with his team looking on, people are going to spend a lot of time trying to recreate that scene. So you would anticipate his death would get more attention.
    I know you are right. And I am very sympathetic towards Jovan committing suicide...I won't go into detail...I just am. BUT I also feel badly for the victim and her family

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    November figure = Ealo

Having lost my mother just recently, all I can say is we just have to move forward without those who have passed.

Grief has the effect of killing us while not bringing life back to the deceased. You just have to shrug off the pain and the shock, and get back to a normal life as quickly as possible. There's nothing more that can be done. Anything else is counter-productive.

And don't forget that he orphaned the 3-month old daughter he had with his girlfriend.

It's interesting to see the amount of coverage on the Chiefs murder/suicide in comparison to the amount of coverage for the member of the Browns ground crew committed suicide in the Browns training facility on the same day the Chiefs player murdered his girlfriend. I guess the media can't be bothered to cover both stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    And don't forget that he orphaned the 3-month old daughter he had with his girlfriend.

It's interesting to see the amount of coverage on the Chiefs murder/suicide in comparison to the amount of coverage for the member of the Browns ground crew committed suicide in the Browns training facility on the same day the Chiefs player murdered his girlfriend. I guess the media can't be bothered to cover both stories.
    Yes, it is all quite sad

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    November figure = Ealo

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post

I don't think suicides get covered in the media the way felonious crimes do - for whatever reason. For example, if someone were to murder you and I, we may well make the front page of the local section of our area newspaper. But a suicide would definitely not get you that kind of "exposure." Again, not sure why that is.

I think it is because society cares mostly about themselves and not you and I. They don't want a murderer on the loose because the next victim could be them.

I didnt know about the daughter, and I agree that his death is overshadowing the poor woman's. Look, if you want to off yourself, okay, but there is no reason to take others out too.

I wonder if we will ever know why he did it.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    It's sickening that he felt he needed to kill his girlfriend and then go to his workplace and kill himself in front of his bosses, all the while thanking them for everything they'd done. The poor baby now gets to grow up with neither parent to love and teach it. Hope the grandmother is up to the task of raising a kid again.

I'm led to believe that the Chiefs only won their game because the other team felt horribly, and with the Chiefs poor record this year they needed the pick me up win. I personally don't think they should have played at all.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

HD figures on youtube
    Don't give a **** about the football player, feel sorry for the woman.

Movie mayhem!
    I wonder if roids had anything to do with it. This body builder threw his dog out his 3rd story window a few blocks from where I live here in nyc because he was on roids.

I am wondering if concussions had anything to do with his mental stability? It is very similar to the Chris Benoit double murder/suicide from a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I wonder if roids had anything to do with it. This body builder threw his dog out his 3rd story window a few blocks from where I live here in nyc because he was on roids.

That was something that I wondered as well.

I don't think suicides get covered in the media the way felonious crimes do - for whatever reason. For example, if someone were to murder you and I, we may well make the front page of the local section of our area newspaper. But a suicide would definitely not get you that kind of "exposure." Again, not sure why that is.

I think it is because society cares mostly about themselves and not you and I. They don't want a murderer on the loose because the next victim could be them.
    I don't think there is a single reason why, but various different ones. I think one is what you said, another reason is when dealing with crime people like there to be a villain. Many people will try to villainize the individual though, which leads to another of most people don't quite understand a person who actually goes through with it. They also want to be careful, with making someone into a role model or hero and having kids copy cat.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

That's a good point. A lot of energy is put into trying to get inside a person's head.

I, for one, feel that that is impossible. I will never know what it's like in your head, nor you mine.