Thread: TrapJaw figure with a slight twist to one leg, repair tips

Widget

TrapJaw figure with a slight twist to one leg, repair tips

I recently got a Trapjaw figure off Ebay and when it arrived i noticed it had a small twist to one of the legs that prevented it from standing up on its own without support. Even though one of the legs has a slight twist the leg joints seem quite strong, below are my questions:

1) Did figures built using TrapJaw style legs (Roboto, Man-E-Faces) have poor ability to standup as standard? i noticed the stance they are in is more unstable than other figures such as He-man. This figure seems to have its legs more out to the side at a angle than He-Man where his legs face forward.

2) Are certain figures such as TrapJaw more susceptible to getting twisted legs than other figures?, it seems like most TrapJaws on Ebay suffer from this issue.

3) Is there anything i can do to fix the twisted leg ?, maybe place it in warm water and then try and pose the leg in the correct stance and hope it forms in that new position when it cools. I do not want to replace the rubber in the legs as i feel this removes the original condition of the figure. I have tried using blutack to stand the figure up but after a few hours the figures leg twist pulls the blutack out of place so i have to keep resetting it in position again which is very annoying.

Thanks
    Last edited by appolospb; May 17, 2014 at 04:53am.

I don't think it only happens with certain figures. I got a trap jaw off eBay years ago and his legs were fine. I've had that twisted leg with spikor, kobra khan and Teela. Could be from being played with a lot or from just being old. I have tried the warm water trick and didn't work so I ended up just replacing the rubber. Since you don't want to remove the original condition try using picture mount putty on the bottom of his feet to get him to stand. It won't ruin the figure
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Widget
    Thanks for the help

Snappy Threader
    Spikor is the culprit for me. I have replaced the bands on a lot of the figures and they are tight and as good as new.

Widget
    Yes, it still seems unusual that i am always seeing TrapJaw and Spikor with twisted leg issues on Ebay yet nearly all the He-Mans, Skeletors and other common figures seem to not suffer from this issue. Perhaps the owners of TrapJaw and Spikor figures are rougher on their toys lol