Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: International Shipping Prices for 2013!

  1. #1
    Court Magician miloventimet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    48

    International Shipping Prices for 2013!

    Does anybody know how much international shipping will be in 2013 from matty?

    I want to buy Ram-man, but I'm not sure how much it will end up costing me with shipping, customs etc.
    Last edited by miloventimet; December 3, 2012 at 12:43pm.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior robaczek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    469
    Suppose to go up to around $12
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

  3. #3
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,753
    I'd be more concerned at being able to get a Ram Man at all with Matty's "little to no day-of" going into effect.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior ADPriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton UK
    Posts
    430
    Cost of Figure = $30
    Shipping (untracked) = approx $12
    TOTAL = $42

    Exchange rate 1.55 $:£
    TOTAL = approx £27

    Customs Handling fee = £8
    Customs Charge 20% of value (technically should include the shipping cost but often doesn't) = £5.40


    All in I reckon around £40 give or take - this is probably the most you can expect to pay - you may get lucky and dodge customs or only get the charge calculated on the value of the goods. Also depends on exchange rate.

    Using the tracked shipping I reckon add another £15-£20 - this option is now ridiculously expensive.

    However like other have said - the hardest thing will be actually securing one from Matty on sale day....

    Good luck!

  5. #5
    Court Magician miloventimet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Cost of Figure = $30
    Shipping (untracked) = approx $12
    TOTAL = $42

    Exchange rate 1.55 $:£
    TOTAL = approx £27

    Customs Handling fee = £8
    Customs Charge 20% of value (technically should include the shipping cost but often doesn't) = £5.40


    All in I reckon around £40 give or take - this is probably the most you can expect to pay - you may get lucky and dodge customs or only get the charge calculated on the value of the goods. Also depends on exchange rate.

    Using the tracked shipping I reckon add another £15-£20 - this option is now ridiculously expensive.

    However like other have said - the hardest thing will be actually securing one from Matty on sale day....

    Good luck!
    Thanks! Thats is seriously expensive. Any ideas how much more (or less) I would expect to pay from a seller on eBay? I'm guessing it would be round the £50-£60 mark?
    Doesn't seem too bad if the customs was missed, but I doubt that.

    I'll try my luck on sale day...If not then eBay

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior ADPriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton UK
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by miloventimet View Post
    Thanks! Thats is seriously expensive. Any ideas how much more (or less) I would expect to pay from a seller on eBay? I'm guessing it would be round the £50-£60 mark?
    Doesn't seem too bad if the customs was missed, but I doubt that.

    I'll try my luck on sale day...If not then eBay
    Really hard to estimate what people will be looking for on ebay - the problem will be if you buy off a US seller the shipping will likely be high and if you buy off a UK seller they will have already paid a fair whack to get it. I think initially in the first few weeks prices could be as high as £80 all in as people try to get the most they can while the demand is high.

    Customs hits seem to vary for most UK buyers in this thread - me personally, I've only been caught once in the last couple of years but others seem to get stung every month. You've just got to keep your fingers crossed!

    Like you said - try Matty on sale day and hope for the best. Happy hunting!

  7. #7
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,847
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Cost of Figure = $30
    Shipping (untracked) = approx $12
    TOTAL = $42

    Exchange rate 1.55 $:£
    TOTAL = approx £27

    Customs Handling fee = £8
    Customs Charge 20% of value (technically should include the shipping cost but often doesn't) = £5.40


    All in I reckon around £40 give or take - this is probably the most you can expect to pay - you may get lucky and dodge customs or only get the charge calculated on the value of the goods. Also depends on exchange rate.

    Using the tracked shipping I reckon add another £15-£20 - this option is now ridiculously expensive.

    However like other have said - the hardest thing will be actually securing one from Matty on sale day....

    Good luck!
    mmm... figures will be $27 for DOS, not $30. This subject was widely discussed during subs sales, so i'd suggest reading the UK Arrivals thread from here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...gs-yet/page149

    It's worth reading the half dozen or so pages from p149 onwards of the thread, which will get you up to speed
    Last edited by blackiecats; December 4, 2012 at 07:51pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior ADPriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton UK
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    mmm... figures will be $27 for DOS, not $30. This subject was widely discussed during subs sales, so i'd suggest reading the UK Arrivals thread from here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...gs-yet/page149

    It's worth reading the half dozen or so pages from p149 onwards of the thread, which will get you up to speed
    The TC was asking about Ram-man who is the $30 figure.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I'd be more concerned at being able to get a Ram Man at all with Matty's "little to no day-of" going into effect.
    I don't think that 'rule' is going to apply to Ram-Man. Probably not Jitsu either. I think Mattel will have made a big order for these two.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  10. #10
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    The TC was asking about Ram-man who is the $30 figure.
    Day-of-Sale price will be $33 ($30 is the sub price for Ram-Man).

    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior ADPriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton UK
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Day-of-Sale price will be $33 ($30 is the sub price for Ram-Man).

    - Joni -
    It was only meant as an estimate in response to the TCs specific question - I made it pretty clear it was approximate as the exchange rate could shift and change the price paid drastically - the actual price will end up being a few $$ either way.

    Not sure why everyone feels the need to be so picky?

  12. #12
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,847
    Oops! I should have read the original post more closely

    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Not sure why everyone feels the need to be so picky?
    It's not being picky to give the person the correct pricing. Ram Man is $33 for DOS.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •