Thread: Returning to my first love....vintage MOTU

Widget

Returning to my first love....vintage MOTU

Hello folks!

It's been a while but I just wanted to express the love that I have for MOTU vintage.

MOTU was my absolute favorite as a kiddo and I have some of my best Christmas memories from when Santa brought me Webstor, Buzz Off, He-man, Skeletor, Whiplash, Man-E-faces, Man at Arms, Battle Cat and Panthor!

Then I would save up my allowance money and buy more MOTU figures when my grandma or mom went to Roses or Sears

I don't actually know what happend to my MOTU vintage figures. I know we moved and they were gone somehow...a very sad day for me.

To fill this hole I have delighted in collecting the MOTUC line and still do, but I just still wanted the vintage figs.

So this week I begain my quest to get them all again!!! So far I have nabbed: Webstor, Buzz-Off, Spikor, Clawful (both versions), Man-E-Faces, Fisto, Sy-Klone, Roboto, Clamp Champ and Mer-Man who all appear to be in good shape and complete, but we'll see once I have them in hand. I did find a really good fix for loose legs too that I'm actually excited to try out if any of them arrive with excessivley loose legs.

Heroic Podcaster
    Congrats on the beginnings of your new collection!

My best friend and I started up our vintage MOC collection this year after wanting to do it for many years. You just can't grow out of MOTU!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Widget
    Nice! I would love to get them MOC, but it is just too much money for me to drop with all the other lines I collect. I have been snagging them loose, but scrutinizing paint and accessories heavily. I may drop a couple hundred on some of the Re-issues that came out circa 2001. Man do I wish I had nabbed them 12 years ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Congrats on the beginnings of your new collection!

My best friend and I started up our vintage MOC collection this year after wanting to do it for many years. You just can't grow out of MOTU!

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzitty View Post
    Hello folks!

It's been a while but I just wanted to express the love that I have for MOTU vintage.

MOTU was my absolute favorite as a kiddo and I have some of my best Christmas memories from when Santa brought me Webstor, Buzz Off, He-man, Skeletor, Whiplash, Man-E-faces, Man at Arms, Battle Cat and Panthor!

Then I would save up my allowance money and buy more MOTU figures when my grandma or mom went to Roses or Sears

I don't actually know what happend to my MOTU vintage figures. I know we moved and they were gone somehow...a very sad day for me.

To fill this hole I have delighted in collecting the MOTUC line and still do, but I just still wanted the vintage figs.

So this week I begain my quest to get them all again!!! So far I have nabbed: Webstor, Buzz-Off, Spikor, Clawful (both versions), Man-E-Faces, Fisto, Sy-Klone, Roboto, Clamp Champ and Mer-Man who all appear to be in good shape and complete, but we'll see once I have them in hand. I did find a really good fix for loose legs too that I'm actually excited to try out if any of them arrive with excessivley loose legs.
    I'm pretty much in the same place as you. Lost all my stuff as a kid, recently got into MOTU in a big way. Mostly I'm just getting the stuff I really liked as a kid, but also MAA and Teela just for completeness of the very early stuff.

Welcome!

Widget
    I hear you! I'm picking up the stuff I had as a kid and some of the ones I always wanted, but never got. I can't wait for the ones I've found so far online to arrive!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same place as you. Lost all my stuff as a kid, recently got into MOTU in a big way. Mostly I'm just getting the stuff I really liked as a kid, but also MAA and Teela just for completeness of the very early stuff.

Welcome!

I hear you! I'm picking up the stuff I had as a kid and some of the ones I always wanted, but never got. I can't wait for the ones I've found so far online to arrive!
    Yeah, I've got some of those too. Whiplash, for instance. I was always playing with my friend's, but I never had one.

I find I'm satisfied with gently used stuff as long as all the accessories are there.

Widget
    Yeah, I am OK with gently used stuff too..in fact 10 of the figures I have coming are just that. I couldn't resist the 2 five packs I found on ebay for a decent price...and maybe I'm weird, but I just want to enjoy opening some vintage (reissue) masters figures. If I ever come across vintage masters that are original on card..you better believe they are staying on card!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yeah, I've got some of those too. Whiplash, for instance. I was always playing with my friend's, but I never had one.

I find I'm satisfied with gently used stuff as long as all the accessories are there.

Yeah, I am OK with gently used stuff too..in fact 10 of the figures I have coming are just that. I couldn't resist the 2 five packs I found on ebay for a decent price...and maybe I'm weird, but I just want to enjoy opening some vintage (reissue) masters figures. If I ever come across vintage masters that are original on card..you better believe they are staying on card!
    Yeah, I got a Mer-Man Commemorative figure coming in the mail, unopened. Mostly I got it because it was cheap and has The Power Sword minicomic reproduction in it, and also the waist spring on the one I've got doesn't work, and that bothers me more than I thought it would. I will be opening that one.

I'm with you, I wouldn't be able to open up a sealed vintage figure, even though I prefer loose figures for display.

I am on board with you as we'll. I had a good start with figures, as my awesome mother kept mostly all of my old motu except vehicles and play sets. Now I am filling in gaps with loose figures and missing accessories. It's fun trying to track tuff down. It's nice to trade needs with fellow collectors also...help each other out. I just got leech and king hiss vintage figures still in the package last week. Not mint but so cool to have in my hand and read the back like when I was little!

Widget
    That is so cool JSteele! I hope you express verbally to your mom how grateful you are to her for keeping those treasures for you! I can only imagine the glee that one would feel holding an official vintage figure still on card in their hands! That is a grail collection I would like to take on one day...one day when I am done collecting mutliple lines and can focus my money soley on MOTU vintage. For now I'm very happy to track them down loose and to pick up the re-issues that are on card...TO OPEN!!! BWAHAHAHAH!

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    I am on board with you as we'll. I had a good start with figures, as my awesome mother kept mostly all of my old motu except vehicles and play sets. Now I am filling in gaps with loose figures and missing accessories. It's fun trying to track tuff down. It's nice to trade needs with fellow collectors also...help each other out. I just got leech and king hiss vintage figures still in the package last week. Not mint but so cool to have in my hand and read the back like when I was little!

I think she knew how happy I was when I picked her up off the ground and spun her around LOL. I had no idea they were still around. I remember the castles and vehicles in yard sales back in the day after I was "so over" he-man. Now I would kill to have all the stuff back, along with my superfriends Hall of justice playset and all my real ghostbusters stuff.....it's so depressing thinking about all the stuff I let go to a yard sale for next to nothing BUT, it's so fun going into second hand shops and stuff and finding those vintage loose figures...found a 99% complete fright zone at a auction last summer missing only 1 clip to hold the two sides together...it even had the puppet and a unbroken tree. Got it for $5. SWEET

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I would add, that collecting toys and stuff, and making chessboards out of it, is not a clinical issue.

..It's not an ebay addiction, that involves many cases inwhich there is an arguement with the postal dude that you didn't order 'this'.

However, your freedom of speach and rights of property restrictions do allow you to have such an arguement. So that you know.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; December 6, 2012 at 10:57pm.