Thread: I think it's safe to assume the figures not for sale last week are "gone for good"

I think it's safe to assume the figures not for sale last week are "gone for good"

I would imagine Matty was trying to wipeout as much stock as he could with the sale.With that being said,the figures that didn't show up are probably unavailable for future reissues. I actually went to another site to complete my collection. Safe assumption?

That's pretty much what they've said.

I'd like to know what they're doing with the ones that didn't sell out.

They should just put them on the essential page year around.I'm sure new collectors will buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    That's pretty much what they've said.
    No assumptions necessary, as per the above---^

TG confirmed this back during and immediately following the various Thanksgiving sales on Mattycollector. TBH I'm completely okay with past stock being essentially sold out. Increases the value of our collections if nothing else. Of course I say this as someone who now has a pretty complete collection- at least to my satisfaction. Not having previous figures available of course doesn't at all encourage new collectors to jump on, but at this point it feels like we should be thanking our lucky stars (and fellow collectors) that we have a line left to collect at all.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    No assumptions necessary, as per the above---^

TG confirmed this back during and immediately following the various Thanksgiving sales on Mattycollector. TBH I'm completely okay with past stock being essentially sold out. Increases the value of our collections if nothing else. Of course I say this as someone who now has a pretty complete collection- at least to my satisfaction. Not having previous figures available of course doesn't at all encourage new collectors to jump on, but at this point it feels like we should be thanking our lucky stars (and fellow collectors) that we have a line left to collect at all.

I know TG notioned this but you never know with Matty. Guess this thread is dead. thanks.

So does that mean they have no more Gy-Gor and Shadowbeasts?
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I know for a fact they have over 5,000 Gy-Gors they refuse to sell to keep up a charade.

I remember he said some figures have such 'low quantities' that they won't put them up on a normal day of sale. I can only assume they would be offered in mystery packs etc...

Basically until they give us a definitive list we still have no idea. For some reason everything has to be an huge mystery when it comes to Mattel. Legal probably said they cannot say which characters are gone for good incase they are sued if a single figure from the list gets sold after by accident!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I'd be up for a few Mad Matty buys....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I want to know what they're doing with the 30th anniversary figures that didn't sell out. They said they WILL NOT be offerred again, as they were special for 2012.

Are they now giving them out to Mattel employees as stocking stuffers or something?

Snappy Threader
    Gone for good until they make a major warehouse find like the Wonder Twins. Which I hope they do.

Clearly not all of them, since Battle Armor Skeletor, Prince Adam and Orko weren't in the sale and aren't gone for good.

Well as the news is now out, it looks like all remaining stock will be given to subscribers as the free apology gift from the Frosta arm ordeal. So if you are a sub'er you may get something you've been wanting, good luck!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....