Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need convincing to buy the Filmation sub

Heroic Warrior

Need convincing to buy the Filmation sub

I got all the HM&MOTU characters that I thought I needed. But now the withdrawal symptoms have started to show. I was almost tempted to get Snake Face, but skipped. I am so tempted to get the filmation sub, but all I know is only the first 3 are HM characters the rest could be from POP. So do you think I should take the plunge and maybe trade out the POP figures when they come. Or should I just wait for day of Sale and get any one that may look interesting?

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Go for it!!!!

Gotta go with Mr. Yodafreakmaster. Go for it. You'll pretty much always find someone to take them off your hands. And if they're POP characters...enjoy them. Why not?

Yeah! Why not try to enjoy if there are any pop characters?

Would you really not like a Sea Hawk figure?

Any pop figures would be easily sold off.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Those remaining 3 may be the ones most sought after. If you don't want them, sell them. Who knows, their value may go up like fisto/shadow weaver. It's a gamble. I'm getting the sub for batros alone. The other two have started to grow on me.

Also MOTU needs the support!

You missed a great figure in Snakeface. I too was on the fence about the Filmation sub but I did it because I knew I'd spend more time and money trying to get them after the fact than if I just subbed. As YFM recommends, go for it!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

You cannot assume all of them will be available on Day of Sale.

It's already been said that one of them (widely believed to be a character already mentioned in this thread) won't be available for DoS.

Heroic Warrior
    I vote no.

save your money. don't buy on a whim or urge.

I say, if it strikes your fancy, get it. I had been collecting my childhood figures mainly, but then I started to buy a few outside what I had, my first DOS was Nov '11 BP She-Ra & Swiftwind....bought 'em, damn glad I did, I love them now, then I bought She-Ra, Adora, Keldor, now into 2013 I have many over what I had as a kid and love the ones I bought. I am still considering a few, and missed a chance to buy Whiplash at normal prices, but he's not a necessity so, no biggie, he's one I can live without. I just bought Mosquitor after debating on him since December (I could only buy Granamyr then), but I've picked up Griffin after passing on him his DOS, and a few other like Hordak....and still debating on a couple more.

I am however eying many this year from the subs, and selling off a few here and there over the next few months starting with Karatti. I bought the main sub last year, and the Filmation sub as soon as they offered it, to me 2012 was a much heavier but stronger year for my tastes, but 2013 is shaping up decently with Castaspella, Mantenna, Batros & Icer, all of which have been on my want and need list for a long while now. To be finished and walk away complete, I need Dragstor & Two-Bad, and that's it, but I'll hang out and see what comes after I complete my personal collection.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    If these characters are not important to you, don't buy them... I did the same...

I wasn't too keen on Icer, but I have a feeling that he'll be one that's way more impressive once actually in-hand. Also whatever the sub exclusive is can probably be sold to recoup some money. Maybe not as good as King He-Man, but I'm guessing still more than $27.

Heroic Warrior
    If you have the money and are on the fence, I would say go ahead and buy the sub because:

1. There is no guarantee the figure you might want will be available on the day of sale.
    2. Theses figures will be produced in lower quantities than many others, which means even if you can't sell the ones you don't want now, you will be able to do so next year or in a few months.
    3. You might just find that you like these figures more once you get them in your hands.
    4. The line needs all the support it can get in order for us to get more figures. I know you said that you have all the figures you thought you wanted, and that's great! But maybe there are more like Snake Face that you are hesitant about and yet (unlike Snake Face) you are finally won over to them. We don't know what cool stuff Scott and the 4HM have in store.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I'd do it just for the chance that we might get Huntara

If you need convincing, then donīt!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Warrior
    The way I see it, is do you want any of the announced figures? Because if you do, your best way of getting them is through the sub. Unless of course you want to pay double or triple their original price on eBay or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    I wasn't too keen on Icer, but I have a feeling that he'll be one that's way more impressive once actually in-hand. Also whatever the sub exclusive is can probably be sold to recoup some money. Maybe not as good as King He-Man, but I'm guessing still more than $27.
    Is there a sub exclusive for the Filmation sub?? I didn't hear that there was going to be more than the 6 figures. Just curious because I too am on the fence.
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MMANOR View Post
    Is there a sub exclusive for the Filmation sub?? I didn't hear that there was going to be more than the 6 figures. Just curious because I too am on the fence.
    They announced one of the six will have no DOS figures...so yeah, it's technically an exclusive.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Convincing? Why should anyone have to tell you what to buy? If you want them, then sub. If not, then don't. If you don't then want them later, there's the secondary market. Easy.
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    They announced one of the six will have no DOS figures...so yeah, it's technically an exclusive.
    And that one is Sea Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    And that one is most highly likely Sea Hawk.
    changed that for you.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    changed that for you.
    Seahawk....a certain Marvin Gaye song plays in my head, one that had dancing Raisins....about that one.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    And that one is Sea Hawk.
    Not necessarily... though showing that sword that sort of resembles Sea Hawk's would be a good move considering how popular he is.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    If you need convincing, then donīt!
    Yup, basically.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Maybe this will help convince:

For real though, it's only a 6 figure mini sub and they are amazing representations of characters from the best 1980s cartoon of all. It's not very often you get "show accurate AND exclusive" figures. Mattel is the only toy company cool enough with collectors to actually LISTEN to what they want and make it happen.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!