Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So which 2013 sub items will receive no day of sales or very limited quotas?

So which 2013 sub items will receive no day of sales or very limited quotas?

When will we find out which items won't receive a quota for sale day? I know Toyguru stated during the sub sales that some items won't have any day of, while others will have very limited availability...

Anyone care to guess which figures this will include? (Fighting Foe Men? Netossa? Karatti?) I think its a given Ram Man and Jitsu will get a DOS quota.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I think they all will get DOS quota's. TG will have just said that to scare people into buying a sub.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I think they all will get DOS quota's. TG will have just said that to scare people into buying a sub.
    I agree.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior
    I´m also wondering, what "limited availability" actually means.

For the line it would be the best, if sales are like early 2010 with Trap Jaw and Battle Cat, though it would be frustrating for some non-sub-customers. But I think the 2010 sales were responsable for the good 2011 sub sales. Mattel has to create a bigger demand for the figures, customers were really relaxed in getting their stuff in 2011 and mostly in 2012 and therefore not subscribed.

If Mattel reduces the production numbers on highly-demanded figures , like Mantenna or Tung Lashor and keep the number of figures per year down I think more customers would subscribe, because it`s less expensive due to the fewer figures and being sure, they`ll get their stuff without dealing with the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I´m also wondering, what "limited availability" actually means.

For the line it would be the best, if sales are like early 2010 with Trap Jaw and Battle Cat, though it would be frustrating for some non-sub-customers. But I think the 2010 sales were responsable for the good 2011 sub sales. Mattel has to create a bigger demand for the figures, customers were really relaxed in getting their stuff in 2011 and mostly in 2012 and therefore not subscribed.

If Mattel reduces the production numbers on highly-demanded figures , like Mantenna or Tung Lashor and keep the number of figures per year down I think more customers would subscribe, because it`s less expensive due to the fewer figures and being sure, they`ll get their stuff without dealing with the 15th.
    Or it could backfire on them and we'd see a bunch of "I iz Kwitten teh lien" or "their killen teh lien" posts. I suppose that there will be enough Day of sale stock to last about 1 day tops.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Or it could backfire on them and we'd see a bunch of "I iz Kwitten teh lien" or "their killen teh lien" posts. I suppose that there will be enough Day of sale stock to last about 1 day tops.
    I don`t think so...Mattel has enough customers to make a 250$ Castle Grayskull playset. An unseen 250$ item....

It's entirely possible that it's not an exaggeration, that being said, I believe there will be some, they always have to get a set amount even if that amount goes over the sub numbers and CS stock.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm guessing they will be just as limited as the 2012 sub figures were with no leftover stock...supposedly.

I'm a proud cherry picker and need myself a Fangman, Snakeface, and Octavia REAL bad.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I'm guessing they will be just as limited as the 2012 sub figures were with no leftover stock...supposedly.

I'm a proud cherry picker and need myself a Fangman, Snakeface, and Octavia REAL bad.
    I'm likely going to sell off 2 of those, but likely Fangman won't be complete, as I want the Filmation accessories, and I have yet to make my decision on Octavia, but Snakeface is a keeper. But I do have many more I'll be getting rid of to help finance my Castle Grayskull, I was / am still a picker, but I just didn't want the headache of DOS buying anymore, and at least I am supposedly guaranteed my figures....at least the ones I will be keeping which so far is like 5 of all the ones revealed, I really hope the last half of 2013 is worth the sub for me.

Anyway, actually yes, a lot of the Vintage 2012 figures vanished fast, which is a sign to come for 2013 but faster....now I'm not looking for Karatti to leap off the virtual shelves, but Ram Man for one certainly will be gone like lightning.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I'm hoping none but the army builder have day-of availability. That would send a clear message to subscribe in 2014.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Just like they did with the TOD Sorceress... Do you remember? We have really limited quantities!
    And during the Black Friday you could buy 99 Sorceress...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

God willing The Fighting Foe Men won't be available DOS. A lot of people want them, but a lot of people don't, so that'd be a really nice gesture of Matty to us loyal subscribers so we could easily unload them if we so desire.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

As long as we get plenty of Horde Troopers on DOS I will be happy.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

I think the Horde Troopers, if that is in fact the two pack we're getting next year, will have DOS stock. Honestly I hope they become part of the essentials shop. As for the others I want an extra Karatti but I am hoping I can get an extra from a fellow subscriber.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think every figure will have DOS stock, some will just go much faster than others.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I think every figure will have DOS stock, some will just go much faster than others.
    Agreed. This limited supply nonsense was used to sell subs.

Snappy Threader
    I feel like TG was right on. If the sub barely made it, I figure they won't be producing many extras. Sure there will be some......but not like in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I feel like TG was right on. If the sub barely made it, I figure they won't be producing many extras. Sure there will be some......but not like in the past.
    I;m sure it will on a figure by figure basis as to who sells and who don't, but I think we'll see a lot of jaws dropped come Jan, I know Ram-Man will sell out what ever his stock will be come DOS, and it will likely seem like he wasn't even there.

To be honest, Him, the Foe Men & King He-Man is all I got the sub for....Mantenna, Dragstor & Two-Bad would ice my cake as late 2013 reveals....but I don't see it happening. I hope at least one of them makes it in 2013 though, at least one thing, my selling off the figures will help pay for Castle Gayskull.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Now see I don't agree, everyone needs to be prepared that some characters might not have any day of sale. So far the only 2013 MOTUC character Scott has confirmed that will have day of sale is Ram-Man and they will make more of him so that there is plenty on sale day Scott said since he is a Core Character.

Jitsu, Fangman, Netossa, ClampChamp, Octavia These are up in the air at this point for day of sale.

I would hope everything gets some day of sale as I like to buy an extra of some characters aside of the ones in my subscription.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I'm hoping none but the army builder have day-of availability. That would send a clear message to subscribe in 2014.
    Yes that would send a clear message and Scott also stated that MOTUC's is going in the direction of subscription only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I think the Horde Troopers, if that is in fact the two pack we're getting next year, will have DOS stock. Honestly I hope they become part of the essentials shop. As for the others I want an extra Karatti but I am hoping I can get an extra from a fellow subscriber.
    YodaFreakMaster already said he will be selling most of his extras for 2013. The guy bought 33 subscriptions to help get 2013 passed. I give him a lot of credit since thats a lot of money he has to shell out to matty each month in 2013.

They will all have limited day-of stock and that stock will probably move as quickly as the Sorceress & Fisto did.

I fully understand the concept of the cherry picker, but the line will not be able to move forward without guaranteed sales through the subscription model.

I wouldn't be surprised if figures like Ram Man & Jitsu sold out in less than 15 minutes like figures used to back in 2009.

The ONLY exception I would see is Horde Troopers, if they are truly the unannounced army builder this year. Mattel would make a lot more of those to cover the large demand for these. I also wouldn't be surprised if Horde Troopers aren't until 2014 to sell the sub.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I personally believe every figure will have DOS stock. I do believe however that certain figures that aren't core characters will have limited a quota. Since there are no re-issues going forward I think matty doesn't want backstock of characters like they've experienced in the past.

Speculation: Which of Remaining 2013 MOTUC Sub figures will NOT be available for DOS?

Just thinking today about upcoming figures and though, I wonder which ones will NOT have Day of Sales available.
    It worked wonders with Fang Man's cred.
    Who else would they utilize this with? or who else did they have lacking faith in for a larger release?
    Comments? Ideas? Info?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    If I had to guess, my money is on the following:

One of the July figures, so NA He-Man OR Clamp Champ. With 2014 sub sales starting at SDCC later in that month, another "no DOS" figure would be fresh on everyone's minds.

Or

Castaspella in August. Once again, this would be announced BEFORE 2014 sub sales begin.

Otherwise I expect that there will be DOS stock throughout the year.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Has everyone forgot that in order to fill the reopened subscriptions on sale now they will be taken from the day of sale stock? So don't excpect much if any DOS figures for rest of 2013. I got a second club eternia so that I can have one to open and one to keep MOC without dealing with mattycollector each month and I get the figures for $25.00 not $27.00

I would expect the announcement right before or during SDCC to motivate some people to sign up for the 2014 subscription.