Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53

Thread: So which 2013 sub items will receive no day of sales or very limited quotas?

  1. #26
    Our Universe a Sunder! Veebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    789
    It's an interesting thing to speculate on, for sure. Personally, I would be VERY surprised if any vintage MOTU figures are left out of DOS at this point.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

    Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

    Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

  2. #27
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,923
    Probably Octavia (since they like to make it difficult for Filmation fans)

    Though in theory, likely NA He-Man (to 1/Help push 2014 subs and 2/They might not want an He-Man variant sitting around) I'll be very surprised if it's Clamp Champ.

    Geldor might be a possibility too, being an obscure character voted for by subbers only. After that, I think the rest will get DOS.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  3. #28
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    I'm not sure. I figured they would say Clamp Champ and Mantenna before they close the "half sub" stuff.....

  4. #29
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,556
    I'm thinking since they are offering "limited" subscriptions (buy until they are sold out), that this is the rest of teh DOS stock, and there will be no more at all once this new batch of subs is gone.

    It makes sense, because if not, the figures would be delayed, like they were last year because of needing new production numbers, and many are already done and packaged waiting for the subs to renew, and they won't do a whole new run just for the new batch of subscribers....so logic dictates, that we've likely seen the last of the DOS MOTUC figures....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior evenflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Jersey Represent
    Posts
    4,235
    If they really want to show people that everyone needs to sub, I would guess that a vintage character will not have day of sale.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'm thinking since they are offering "limited" subscriptions (buy until they are sold out), that this is the rest of teh DOS stock, and there will be no more at all once this new batch of subs is gone.

    It makes sense, because if not, the figures would be delayed, like they were last year because of needing new production numbers, and many are already done and packaged waiting for the subs to renew, and they won't do a whole new run just for the new batch of subscribers....so logic dictates, that we've likely seen the last of the DOS MOTUC figures....
    I agree with you 100%
    It's wat I was getting at in my post, If they are pulling from the day of sale stock to fill these newly offered May through Dec Club Eternia light subscriptions then there probably won't be any more day of sale stock to put up and on the perchance thay do have an extreamly small amount to offer day of you are looking at a two minute sellout window.

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,435
    It would have been logical for Karatti and the FFM to have not had day of sales to show sub holders that they would have a chance to be able to get their money back on less popular figures.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior GRANAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Posts
    193
    I hope it's Clamp Chump

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    It would have been logical for Karatti and the FFM to have not had day of sales to show sub holders that they would have a chance to be able to get their money back on less popular figures.
    It's not like the value is really all that different. I tried to sell Fangman on ebay last week. The auction ended at $50 and the highest bidder said he made a mistake when he placed a bid and that I might as well cancel the auction because he is not going to pay anything higher than $38 shipped for me. And the guy who was in second place had bid $49 for him said he was not interested in Fangman for anything more than $30. As such, I both Fangman and Netossa are chillin in the closet until I figure out what to do with them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    Octavia, NA He-Man & Castaspella

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    372
    They would be fools to not give NA He-man DOS since many will want doubles for the different display options. Of course this is Matty and they never run out of bad ideas.
    Last edited by PPC; April 23, 2013 at 01:05pm.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior piam25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    117
    After half Subs im sure it will be Mantenna and the Two Pack . Maybe Octavia also.

  13. #38
    The Man Called 'V' Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,048
    I think, as others have alluded to, that it may be the vintage characters such as Clamp Champ & Mantenna that won't be up for sale on the usual sales day. If every character would have received this treatment, I think Scott would have said so in order to drum up more sales.

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,344
    I speculate ALL vintage figures will make it to DOS.

    The non-DOS liklies are Geldor, Octavia, and if we're counting all subs, Icer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    It would have been logical for Karatti and the FFM to have not had day of sales to show sub holders that they would have a chance to be able to get their money back on less popular figures.
    Agreed. No FFM on sale day would have been a great idea for the reasons you mentioned. Maybe there is still a chance they won't be there, but I think it would've beeb announced by now...

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Has everyone forgot that in order to fill the reopened subscriptions on sale now they will be taken from the day of sale stock? So don't excpect much if any DOS figures for rest of 2013. I got a second club eternia so that I can have one to open and one to keep MOC without dealing with mattycollector each month and I get the figures for $25.00 not $27.00
    This is exactly right. The Sub Lite sale is limited, so that pretty clearly indicates the number is being taken out of the DOS stock. Wouldn't make any sense to up production to cover the Sub Lite sales, only to create more DOS stock sitting around "Sold Out" (aka sitting in a wearhouse).
    There's really nothing to speculate at, as I really don't beleive it's a straight up decision by Matty on not giving a fig DOS. Like Scott sait, there are are few factors that go into it, and the Sub Lite is the main factor. If they sell all the Sub Lites avaliable, they there will be little to no DOS on all figs.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior Delthaindia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kitten Town
    Posts
    1,495
    it sucks and its's unfair, even if I have my sub!
    initially the sub was one kind way from mattel to make people sure they will have everything without waitng in from of the pc, was an alternative way to get all the figures.....now it seems is the only way to get evene the vintage characters.
    do you know another toy company that act like this?
    ridicolous...

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,233
    I have a feeling Castaspella will be one of the characters not available through DOS.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It's not like the value is really all that different. I tried to sell Fangman on ebay last week. The auction ended at $50 and the highest bidder said he made a mistake when he placed a bid and that I might as well cancel the auction because he is not going to pay anything higher than $38 shipped for me. And the guy who was in second place had bid $49 for him said he was not interested in Fangman for anything more than $30. As such, I both Fangman and Netossa are chillin in the closet until I figure out what to do with them.
    I would try again. Those bidders obviously don't understand how auctions work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    it sucks and its's unfair, even if I have my sub!
    initially the sub was one kind way from mattel to make people sure they will have everything without waitng in from of the pc, was an alternative way to get all the figures.....now it seems is the only way to get evene the vintage characters.
    do you know another toy company that act like this?
    ridicolous...
    No. Most other toy companies make you either hunt down an individual figure in stores, or buy an entire case online (essentially subscribing to the entire wave). Yes, you can often buy individual figures from the wave, but the popular and/or short packed ones usually end up with a jacked up price.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior Delthaindia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kitten Town
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I would try again. Those bidders obviously don't understand how auctions work.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No. Most other toy companies make you either hunt down an individual figure in stores, or buy an entire case online (essentially subscribing to the entire wave). Yes, you can often buy individual figures from the wave, but the popular and/or short packed ones usually end up with a jacked up price.
    so? I dont understand which is your point, the store here is the ONLINE STORE!
    at least there's a posibility to reach the figure you want without subbing. .

  20. #45
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,720
    Out of everything revealed so far, I only want NA He-Man, Clamp Champ, and Mantenna. So I'm going to guess that at least one of them will not be available just to tick me off.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,043
    Scott said it isn't all day of sale stock, just a portion. Most likely the portion that would force lower production figures into having no dos stock. Remember not all figures have the same production numbers. And the promise on the sub lite is you will get the figures, (Fisto issue in the past being an anomaly). So some figures will have DOS stock, just not as much as before. Of course we don't know how well the sub lite is going either.

    They could always turn stuff over to CS stock that is left over if they chose to. They also said some figures might not have DOS not most or all. Of course ambiguous words are ambiguous, and it's not like Scott/Mattel has never gone back or fluffed on their words in the past.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  22. #47
    3D Tinkerer Zodac666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It's not like the value is really all that different. I tried to sell Fangman on ebay last week. The auction ended at $50 and the highest bidder said he made a mistake when he placed a bid and that I might as well cancel the auction because he is not going to pay anything higher than $38 shipped for me. And the guy who was in second place had bid $49 for him said he was not interested in Fangman for anything more than $30. As such, I both Fangman and Netossa are chillin in the closet until I figure out what to do with them.
    I sold Fangman for $110

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,225
    I really thought that Karatti and Fighting Foe Men wouldn't have day-of stock. I figured that less popular characters (basically any non-vintage MOTU characters) would be left out of the day-of business, but since that does not seem to be the case, I can't really imagine what their plan is on this anymore. I thought the conspiracy that Fang Man didn't have day-of to sell the Filmation sub was silly then, but perhaps those theorists were on to something.

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,531
    I would guess Geldor, because he cannot be that popular in terms of casual MOTU fans... but I am honestly not sure. Like many have said I would be surprised if they have any vintage figures without day of stock.
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I would guess Geldor, because he cannot be that popular in terms of casual MOTU fans... but I am honestly not sure. Like many have said I would be surprised if they have any vintage figures without day of stock.
    I agree with your Geldor reasoning. Like Fang-Man he is loved and hated by different groups of people and I can safely assume a lot of casual fans have no idea who he is. He would be one Mattel will probably short run to play it safe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •