Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So which 2013 sub items will receive no day of sales or very limited quotas?

It's an interesting thing to speculate on, for sure. Personally, I would be VERY surprised if any vintage MOTU figures are left out of DOS at this point.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Probably Octavia (since they like to make it difficult for Filmation fans)

Though in theory, likely NA He-Man (to 1/Help push 2014 subs and 2/They might not want an He-Man variant sitting around) I'll be very surprised if it's Clamp Champ.

Geldor might be a possibility too, being an obscure character voted for by subbers only. After that, I think the rest will get DOS.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Snappy Threader
    I'm not sure. I figured they would say Clamp Champ and Mantenna before they close the "half sub" stuff.....

I'm thinking since they are offering "limited" subscriptions (buy until they are sold out), that this is the rest of teh DOS stock, and there will be no more at all once this new batch of subs is gone.

It makes sense, because if not, the figures would be delayed, like they were last year because of needing new production numbers, and many are already done and packaged waiting for the subs to renew, and they won't do a whole new run just for the new batch of subscribers....so logic dictates, that we've likely seen the last of the DOS MOTUC figures....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

If they really want to show people that everyone needs to sub, I would guess that a vintage character will not have day of sale.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'm thinking since they are offering "limited" subscriptions (buy until they are sold out), that this is the rest of teh DOS stock, and there will be no more at all once this new batch of subs is gone.

It makes sense, because if not, the figures would be delayed, like they were last year because of needing new production numbers, and many are already done and packaged waiting for the subs to renew, and they won't do a whole new run just for the new batch of subscribers....so logic dictates, that we've likely seen the last of the DOS MOTUC figures....
    I agree with you 100%
    It's wat I was getting at in my post, If they are pulling from the day of sale stock to fill these newly offered May through Dec Club Eternia light subscriptions then there probably won't be any more day of sale stock to put up and on the perchance thay do have an extreamly small amount to offer day of you are looking at a two minute sellout window.

Heroic Warrior
    It would have been logical for Karatti and the FFM to have not had day of sales to show sub holders that they would have a chance to be able to get their money back on less popular figures.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I hope it's Clamp Chump

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    It would have been logical for Karatti and the FFM to have not had day of sales to show sub holders that they would have a chance to be able to get their money back on less popular figures.
    It's not like the value is really all that different. I tried to sell Fangman on ebay last week. The auction ended at $50 and the highest bidder said he made a mistake when he placed a bid and that I might as well cancel the auction because he is not going to pay anything higher than $38 shipped for me. And the guy who was in second place had bid $49 for him said he was not interested in Fangman for anything more than $30. As such, I both Fangman and Netossa are chillin in the closet until I figure out what to do with them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Octavia, NA He-Man & Castaspella

Heroic Warrior
    They would be fools to not give NA He-man DOS since many will want doubles for the different display options. Of course this is Matty and they never run out of bad ideas.
    Last edited by PPC; April 23, 2013 at 01:05pm.

After half Subs im sure it will be Mantenna and the Two Pack . Maybe Octavia also.

I think, as others have alluded to, that it may be the vintage characters such as Clamp Champ & Mantenna that won't be up for sale on the usual sales day. If every character would have received this treatment, I think Scott would have said so in order to drum up more sales.

Heroic Warrior
    I speculate ALL vintage figures will make it to DOS.

The non-DOS liklies are Geldor, Octavia, and if we're counting all subs, Icer.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. No FFM on sale day would have been a great idea for the reasons you mentioned. Maybe there is still a chance they won't be there, but I think it would've beeb announced by now...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Has everyone forgot that in order to fill the reopened subscriptions on sale now they will be taken from the day of sale stock? So don't excpect much if any DOS figures for rest of 2013. I got a second club eternia so that I can have one to open and one to keep MOC without dealing with mattycollector each month and I get the figures for $25.00 not $27.00
    This is exactly right. The Sub Lite sale is limited, so that pretty clearly indicates the number is being taken out of the DOS stock. Wouldn't make any sense to up production to cover the Sub Lite sales, only to create more DOS stock sitting around "Sold Out" (aka sitting in a wearhouse).
    There's really nothing to speculate at, as I really don't beleive it's a straight up decision by Matty on not giving a fig DOS. Like Scott sait, there are are few factors that go into it, and the Sub Lite is the main factor. If they sell all the Sub Lites avaliable, they there will be little to no DOS on all figs.

it sucks and its's unfair, even if I have my sub!
    initially the sub was one kind way from mattel to make people sure they will have everything without waitng in from of the pc, was an alternative way to get all the figures.....now it seems is the only way to get evene the vintage characters.
    do you know another toy company that act like this?
    ridicolous...

I have a feeling Castaspella will be one of the characters not available through DOS.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It's not like the value is really all that different. I tried to sell Fangman on ebay last week. The auction ended at $50 and the highest bidder said he made a mistake when he placed a bid and that I might as well cancel the auction because he is not going to pay anything higher than $38 shipped for me. And the guy who was in second place had bid $49 for him said he was not interested in Fangman for anything more than $30. As such, I both Fangman and Netossa are chillin in the closet until I figure out what to do with them.
    I would try again. Those bidders obviously don't understand how auctions work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    it sucks and its's unfair, even if I have my sub!
    initially the sub was one kind way from mattel to make people sure they will have everything without waitng in from of the pc, was an alternative way to get all the figures.....now it seems is the only way to get evene the vintage characters.
    do you know another toy company that act like this?
    ridicolous...
    No. Most other toy companies make you either hunt down an individual figure in stores, or buy an entire case online (essentially subscribing to the entire wave). Yes, you can often buy individual figures from the wave, but the popular and/or short packed ones usually end up with a jacked up price.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

I would try again. Those bidders obviously don't understand how auctions work.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Most other toy companies make you either hunt down an individual figure in stores, or buy an entire case online (essentially subscribing to the entire wave). Yes, you can often buy individual figures from the wave, but the popular and/or short packed ones usually end up with a jacked up price.
    so? I dont understand which is your point, the store here is the ONLINE STORE!
    at least there's a posibility to reach the figure you want without subbing. .

Out of everything revealed so far, I only want NA He-Man, Clamp Champ, and Mantenna. So I'm going to guess that at least one of them will not be available just to tick me off.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Scott said it isn't all day of sale stock, just a portion. Most likely the portion that would force lower production figures into having no dos stock. Remember not all figures have the same production numbers. And the promise on the sub lite is you will get the figures, (Fisto issue in the past being an anomaly). So some figures will have DOS stock, just not as much as before. Of course we don't know how well the sub lite is going either.

They could always turn stuff over to CS stock that is left over if they chose to. They also said some figures might not have DOS not most or all. Of course ambiguous words are ambiguous, and it's not like Scott/Mattel has never gone back or fluffed on their words in the past.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I sold Fangman for $110

I really thought that Karatti and Fighting Foe Men wouldn't have day-of stock. I figured that less popular characters (basically any non-vintage MOTU characters) would be left out of the day-of business, but since that does not seem to be the case, I can't really imagine what their plan is on this anymore. I thought the conspiracy that Fang Man didn't have day-of to sell the Filmation sub was silly then, but perhaps those theorists were on to something.

I would guess Geldor, because he cannot be that popular in terms of casual MOTU fans... but I am honestly not sure. Like many have said I would be surprised if they have any vintage figures without day of stock.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I would guess Geldor, because he cannot be that popular in terms of casual MOTU fans... but I am honestly not sure. Like many have said I would be surprised if they have any vintage figures without day of stock.
    I agree with your Geldor reasoning. Like Fang-Man he is loved and hated by different groups of people and I can safely assume a lot of casual fans have no idea who he is. He would be one Mattel will probably short run to play it safe.