Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52

Thread: MATTY NEWS : 2012 Holiday Gift Pak Palooza

  1. #26
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,130
    That´s why He-man was sold out so fast?

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Mavericius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    78
    I think they are cool – even though I don't need them. They should offer those packs more often – they are a good start for collectors. There are still many potentials out there (lots of poeple around here still don't know that there's a "new" Masters line).

  3. #28
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,299
    I'd hate to be getting in the game just now. There's so many that people just starting out are unlikely to get, not impossible, but difficult. I think these packs are a good idea though.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  4. #29
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I'd hate to be getting in the game just now. There's so many that people just starting out are unlikely to get, not impossible, but difficult. I think these packs are a good idea though.
    I thought it was bad trying to get MAA, Teela & Tri-Klops before last years BF/CM sale....now with no new re-issues, not much stock of anything left at Matty, and new figures selling out faster....good luck on the prices for newcomers....

    This will likely turn away many coming in now, especially with subs over, the only shot is to spend much more money after the fact on Ebay, the Marketplace, or BBTS....

    I am so glad I came in when I did, I am caught up with my own personal collection, predominately made up of childhood favorites and used to haves, with others to bolster the ranks....but I still need my last few that Mattel still has to make....Mantenna, Two Bad & Dragstor, and that is that....anything else like now, is icing on the cake.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,360
    The "Secret Identity Pack" is tempting. If only it were cheaper so I could justify getting more doubles...

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I wouldve much rather gambled on a Mad Matty® Mystery Box or two.
    As would I.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm surprised you don't get a free Molar with every purchase.
    Lol. That would probably tip me over into getting one.

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior SuperKnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boyertown, PA
    Posts
    78
    I need the secret identity pack ..ESP: orko/Adam/BA Skeletor . If I get balding He-man hell go in toys for tots
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    106
    Erg! I am going to try and snag the Secret Identity pack. Wasn't planning on it but now I am reconsidering since I would like to get Orko and Adam. Wish this was not happening this month but as well.

    Goon

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior lemure77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Logan WV
    Posts
    1,524
    tempting indeed. shipping won't be half this time and I just don't know. random characters on their own at 20% off would have been nice. ah well. not worth 60+$ for just orko..no desire for adam
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

  9. #34
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,541
    I've been wondering if I'd be able to add an Orko (and Adam, to a lesser degree) to my Castle Grayskull. So I'll grab one of those sets and just sell/trade the extra He-Man/BA Skelly. Very cool.

  10. #35
    Master of My Soul MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    9,061
    This is pretty cool, but wish they would have also done some Mad Matty Mystery packs.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

  11. #36
    Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Trap Jaw's Man Cave
    Posts
    1,352
    Not going to be going in on this. YAWN... Already have all of them except that "O" moron and HH.

    Anybody else notice the banner on the site says, "Starts Monday, 12/6?" LOL
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

    Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

    Support The Power & Honor Foundation

    Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

  12. #37
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    I snagged my Orko....just missing Whiplash, Tri-Klops and Roboto now...I actually forgot about the sale until just a few minutes ago and I was afraid I missed out.

  13. #38
    Claw Full Of It Clawful Ofit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    847
    Dang iron, you cleaned up the past few weeks with your Evil-Lyn (and Screech ) , Orko & others.

    What is the consensus for Dec. "re-issues"? You guys think they will have any new ones or maybe BF leftovers or none. I'm just hoping it's one or more I don't have. I'm missing 35, so I like my odds!

    I'll get secret identity if no re-issue though.
    Last edited by Clawful Ofit; December 6, 2012 at 03:47pm. Reason: added
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Dang iron, you cleaned up the past few weeks with your Evil-Lyn (and Screech ) , Orko & others.

    What is the consensus for Dec. "re-issues"? You guys think they will have any new ones or maybe BF leftovers or none. I'm just hoping it's one or more I don't have. I'm missing 35, so I like my odds!

    I'll get secret identity if no re-issue though.
    I thought the gift pack sale was the only "non monthly" sale of items that they did in december, or am I wrong?

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior JAG2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    617
    Just ordered my "Heroic Secret set". Not having Adam/Orko or any He-Man or Skeletors (I'm soooooooo behind ) this was a perfect set for me, glad they made a starter set like this I hope we get more sets like this (like a heroic warriors of Teela/MAA/Man-e-Faces or evil warriors of Trap-Jaw, Beastman & Evil Lyn etc)

    JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

    Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

  16. #41
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,440
    *YAWN & goes to sleep !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

  17. #42
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Dang iron, you cleaned up the past few weeks with your Evil-Lyn (and Screech ) , Orko & others.

    What is the consensus for Dec. "re-issues"? You guys think they will have any new ones or maybe BF leftovers or none. I'm just hoping it's one or more I don't have. I'm missing 35, so I like my odds!

    I'll get secret identity if no re-issue though.
    Haha yes, yes I did. I'm like a Dyson or Stanley Steemer ha!

  18. #43
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Masters of the Universe® Classics “Kidnapping of the Princess” Pak: Hurricane Hordak™ / She-Ra® / Skeletor®
    Not as good as my baby stealing Hordak variant idea ... but I love the gift pack title!

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I thought it was bad trying to get MAA, Teela & Tri-Klops before last years BF/CM sale....now with no new re-issues, not much stock of anything left at Matty, and new figures selling out faster....good luck on the prices for newcomers....

    This will likely turn away many coming in now, especially with subs over, the only shot is to spend much more money after the fact on Ebay, the Marketplace, or BBTS....

    I am so glad I came in when I did, I am caught up with my own personal collection, predominately made up of childhood favorites and used to haves, with others to bolster the ranks....but I still need my last few that Mattel still has to make....Mantenna, Two Bad & Dragstor, and that is that....anything else like now, is icing on the cake.
    I am beyond glad I am caught up. I did not start until December 2009 and did not sub until 2011. Catching up then was tough,in fact the last time teela went on sale.....can't remember when...not long ago.....anyway she was only up for a few minutes and I snagged her,she was the last hole to plug. I can not imagine coming aboard now,the eBay prices are really going up now.....much more than I thought they would. I do believe once the castle is shown at toyfair,the buzz will have new fans wanting to ride this motuc wave. I hope they have thick wallets,this is becoming a rich mans hobby,and I have no buisness in it.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Tribal Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales, UK
    Posts
    411
    I only need BA Skelly. Anyone in the UK need the other two and want to split the order?

  21. #46
    Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Rideau Lakes, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,715
    Cool!
    I had passed on Orko/Adam previously since I vastly prefer original mini-comics vs. Filmation (that little screw-up Orko got on my nerves even as a kid back then), but I decided to finally pull the trigger on them this time.
    It's going to be great to give my boys the extra He-man figure, maybe/probably the Battle Armor Skeletor too.






    ....it would be awesome though, if they switched up the packs when one sells out, so there's always 5 packs to choose from until the end of the sale.

  22. #47
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    45
    This is great! I missed out on the mystery packs due to a lack of an international shipping option, I suppose due to customs rules regarding unknown package contents.

  23. #48
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I thought the gift pack sale was the only "non monthly" sale of items that they did in december, or am I wrong?
    This is the first time for this I believe, last December they had Skeletor offered to go with Demo as a re-issue. They are trying to get rid of stock....

    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I am beyond glad I am caught up. I did not start until December 2009 and did not sub until 2011. Catching up then was tough,in fact the last time teela went on sale.....can't remember when...not long ago.....anyway she was only up for a few minutes and I snagged her,she was the last hole to plug. I can not imagine coming aboard now,the eBay prices are really going up now.....much more than I thought they would. I do believe once the castle is shown at toyfair,the buzz will have new fans wanting to ride this motuc wave. I hope they have thick wallets,this is becoming a rich mans hobby,and I have no buisness in it.
    It is becoming less and less a casual hobby to collect toys outside of say Hot Wheels....I mean Transformers got smaller, Deluxes look like Scouts now, but the prices went up in stores, HTS.com still has lower prices than most stores, but still less plastic for more money, is not exactly appealing to my wallet. MOTUC is going up to $25 for subs, and who knows about 2014, they said no, but I don't believe much Mattel says.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior SuperKnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boyertown, PA
    Posts
    78
    Has anyone's secret identity pack ship?
    I ordered mine on ( Monday ) the 6th. It says still in process.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  25. #50
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    Has anyone's secret identity pack ship?
    I ordered mine on ( Monday ) the 6th. It says still in process.
    It usually takes a few days, but Monday Dec 6th was back in 2004...I guess it has been a long time, maybe you should call....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •