Thread: Help a Noob Out - What figures did each of the 4H work on?

Help a Noob Out - What figures did each of the 4H work on?

Is there any way to find out which of the 4H are responsible for which sculpts of the MOTUC line? Some figures turn out really great, and other turn out a little roont. For example, I think a lot of the female faces are ugly and too angular. Is there one guy in charge of doing all the females? The only females in the series that I think came out good (faces) are:

Adora
    Sorceress
    Netossa
    Original Teela - though she looks bored

The other females in the line all have pretty jacked facial sculpts. I know they are supposed to be primarily warrior women, but jeez some of them are bordering on drag-queen territory with the harsh angles (jaws, cheeks, chins) and paintjobs (Frosta looks like she is being choked out).

Sorry if this offends anyone.

Heroic Warrior
    They've stated before the 4H are responsible for all sculpting. The in-house design team then takes those sculpts and translates them into workable figures, but the 4H are the only sculptors.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Roont? Geez, I guess I'm getting old....
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    Roont? Geez, I guess I'm getting old....
    Sorry, I use this word to describe mutated or deformed looking things. It's actually from a Stephen King novel Wolves of Calla, in which children were taken from a village, and horrible experiments were done on them and they were given back to their parents deformed, distorted and mentally decimated.

The female figures from this like have been really hit and miss facially. With the exception of a few, they mostly have manly faces. I just want to know if all the 4H work on every figure collaboratively, is a certain team member assigned to certain figures?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Nice possessed Marlena Evans avatar, sirsniffy!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Nice possessed Marlena Evans avatar, sirsniffy!
    Lol! Demon Marlena is one of my favorite characters!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Lol! Demon Marlena is one of my favorite characters!
    Mine too, my sister and I watched All My Children (my mom's favorite) when we were real young, but my aunt got us into Days of Our Lives in 95' during the possession storyline. To tie this back to MOTU, Stefano DiMera would make a great MOTU villain. Stefano becomes enfatuated with Adora, and plots with Hordak to capture Adora to make her his "Queen of the Night", and Adam and the Heroic Warriors (with the help of Lubic) use the Cosmic Key to rescue her on Earth.

Hey, the Muppets were on WWE Raw, stranger pairings have happened. "Days of our Universe".

I think Evil-Lyn turned out great as well. I mean, she's yellow with sort of a cat eye thing going on, but that was the intent and the final figure came out really close to the prototype.

I think it's often more of a production thing rather than the 4H. She-Ra's face seems to be the same sculpt as Adora's. She-Ra's looks nice enough, but Adora looks fantastic. Same with BG Teela and the original. Most of the sculpts are fine to me, but if the final production paint job is just a bit off from the prototype, it seems to throw things off a bit more than than the same variance would on a monster or a scowling dude. On a smooth pretty face without any wrinkles or gills or anything, the eyebrows being placed a bit high or lip color being just slightly off center can work against the sculpt. I've seen fan repaints on many of the female faces that turned out incredibly well without any additional sculpting.

Sorry, I use this word to describe mutated or deformed looking things.
    I like Fubar personally....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Mine too, my sister and I watched All My Children (my mom's favorite) when we were real young, but my aunt got us into Days of Our Lives in 95' during the possession storyline. To tie this back to MOTU, Stefano DiMera would make a great MOTU villain. Stefano becomes enfatuated with Adora, and plots with Hordak to capture Adora to make her his "Queen of the Night", and Adam and the Heroic Warriors (with the help of Lubic) use the Cosmic Key to rescue her on Earth.

Hey, the Muppets were on WWE Raw, stranger pairings have happened. "Days of our Universe".
    I was a huge AMC fan too. Another connection of MOTU and Days of Our Lives...the main character's name is MARLENA and she has twins a boy and a girl. The girl baby (Sami) was kidnapped once, lol. She is kind of like the Adora of the show. Stefano is definitely as evil as Hordak.

Back on topic though, FakeEyes22, Evil-Lyn was an okay looking figure, but she still suffers from what I call "Man Face" (not to confuse with Man-E-Faces). And I never thought that maybe it COULD be a production issue. I always thought they could make the product just like the prototype. The faces look smooth and pretty on the protos, but somehow come out ugly in the final product. Adora's face is a heavily painted She-Ra sculpt...the paint could just fill in all the harsh lines in She-Ra's face. My She-Ra has a shoddy paintjob too, her face looks like a ghoul to me.

The female figures from this like have been really hit and miss facially. With the exception of a few, they mostly have manly faces. I just want to know if all the 4H work on every figure collaboratively, is a certain team member assigned to certain figures?
    I would say that- based on the dirth of females that this line has seen thus far- that the list of workable facial sculpts that you provided is evidence enough that the Horsemen know what they're doing when it comes to female faces. In fact if you compare the proto's to the actual production sculpts I feel the proto's are always (with rare exception) better. Thankfully the latter females (like Netossa for instance) are coming out much closer to the proto's, but I don't entirely blame the Horsemen for figures like Starla who turned out less than stellar.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Re:I would say that- based on the dirth of females that this line has seen thus far- that the list of workable facial sculpts that you provided is evidence enough that the Horsemen know what they're doing when it comes to female faces.

Stygian:
    I agree with what you say here. Also Evil Lyn has a spectacular face. Although I understand what is meant when bringing up sharp angles and things of that nature,, saying they borderline on drag queenish is, (in my opinion) a huge exaggeration. Catra and Marlena retain a feminine look which is far more pronounced than any slightly sharp cheekbone could overshadow, I'll admit that I was worried about how Marlena was going to look in hand based on photos I saw before ordering her (was worried about cartoony eyes) but it turned out that more often than not a bad photo can be taken of a great sculpt. Marlena and Catra in hand are beautiful.

Check out my art!:
    http://ayotaartwork.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    To my knowledge, Eric Treadway did all females but Frosta. That was Djordje (sp?).

I understand that guys like Moore Action Collectibles, DC Direct, and Marvel rolled out some pretty female figures. I personally love the females in this line. They are the nicest-looking female figures I have seen in a long while. Collecting Marvel Legends, the ugly ladies were far and wide (Rogue, Elektra, Black Cat, Scarlet Witch, etc). The ladies of MOTUC are not only pretty, but strike this particular aesthetic that visually works for them. I get totally what you are saying. But in this particular fantasy line of muscle-bound warriors of tech and magic, these ladies and their aesthetic really fit in. Yes, they maintain this statue-like vacancy in their stare on some, but I think it looks great. The Star Sisters are the most expressive in the line, even though they are pretty vilified. Adora and She-Ra need more expressive faces (and She-Ra needs remolding, the factory jacked her head shape and has an odd profile, admittedly).

They just...really work for this particular line. I don't know if I explained it properly.

And that Possession storyline took way too long...I hated Reilly's writing that way. Two weeks would go by and the day hasn't ended.

Heroic Warrior
    Is there any way to find out which of the 4H are responsible for which sculpts of the MOTUC line? Some figures turn out really great, and other turn out a little roont. For example, I think a lot of the female faces are ugly and too angular. Is there one guy in charge of doing all the females? The only females in the series that I think came out good (faces) are:

Adora
    Sorceress
    Netossa
    Original Teela - though she looks bored

The other females in the line all have pretty jacked facial sculpts. I know they are supposed to be primarily warrior women, but jeez some of them are bordering on drag-queen territory with the harsh angles (jaws, cheeks, chins) and paintjobs (Frosta looks like she is being choked out).

Sorry if this offends anyone.

Face sculpts have always been the 4H weak point.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I like Fubar personally....
    ha ha, in college we had fubar shirts made up for our crew (rowing team).
    Part Needs[/COLOR]: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    Face sculpts have always been the 4H weak point.
    HOGWASH!
    if that were true all these toys would suck and wouldn't sell. The face sculpt is arguably the most important part of each figure and is most likely the truest selling point for each figure. These figures sell out at pretty fast at a decent price point.