Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Mod note: Guys, though I understand it coming up, and I don't know how serious you are or if you're making a point - please be sure to keep all trade/buy/sell offers in the Marketplace. Thanks!

Just recieved an email from matty, the Frosta gift is a free reg figure, you don't know who's coming.

J

as in a NEW figure? or an existing figure?

You won't know.

Seems like the Frosta "gift" is leftover stock.

Just a "mystery" figure.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You won't know.
    Scott said that there was no new tooling involved...so I'm assuming it'll be a regular figure but it may be random (like a mystery figure packed in with your normal shipment)

I got the same email:
    Hi %%FIRST_NAME%%,

As the year comes to a close, we wanted to say “thank you” for being a loyal Club Eternia® subscriber in 2012. It's been a great year with incredible highs (Fisto™, Rattlor™ - two vintage figures that surpassed even our expectations) the occasional minor misstep (Frosta's gloves), and more incredible highs (Griffin, a 200X beast, and Shadow Weaver - our first Filmation figure!).

So, to make sure you know how much we value your business and as promised at Power Con in noting the issue with Frosta's gloves, we're sending you a FREE gift… a basic Masters of the Universe® Classics figure will be included with your December subscription shipment! You won't know which one you're getting until it arrives and because it's our gift to you, shipping for this freebie figure is 100% paid by Mattel. While we originally thought this gift might not come until late next year, we wanted to end 2012 with a bang and make sure you get your free gift before the year is up!

Looking ahead, 2013 promises to be even more powerful! We'll start out the year with Ram Man® and Netossa™, then get ready for the arrival of the first Castle Grayskull® playset in 30 years.

Again, thank you for being a part of our MOTUC family. We wish you and yours the happiest of holidays!

The MattyCollector.com Team

Apology accepted! With all the foul ups we have endured, getting a free figure is great. We can setup a thread to swap if we dont like/need the one we get. It should be great and it will help build the .org community. Think positive people!

aka we screwed up - here's a figure we couldnt sell to make up for it.

Heroic Warrior
    Ah, it won't be a new figure. Mattel is dumping their old unsold stock on us.

Classless, Matty, classless. Consider me done with the line after 2013.

I assume it would be a stock figure. I hope a I get another He-Man then
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dorko2 View Post
    Ah, it won't be a new figure. Mattel is dumping their old unsold stock on us.

Classless, Matty, classless. Consider me done with the line after 2013.
    I doubt it's something like Buzz Off. Might be a TRU type repaint like Red Beast Man or something. Here's hoping. I'm not sure quitting the line over this is the correct reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I assume it would be a stock figure. I hope a I get another He-Man then
    I hope to get a Merman...or another figure that comes with multiple heads for display (I wouldn't mind a Demo-Man either...just for another Alcala head!)

Dude, this is so 2 minutes ago! LOL

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    My question is....Will it be 1 figure per customer or 1 figure per subscription?
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

I think this is pretty cool! Way better to me than a sticker sheet or something!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Either way.. wait until International customers get nailed by customs charges for the extra toys..

Only way I'd have been happy about getting a "non new tooled" figure would be if it was Frosta corrected.

I doubt it's something like Buzz Off. Might be a TRU type repaint like Red Beast Man or something. Here's hoping. I'm not sure quitting the line over this is the correct reaction.
    agreed. it's a whole figure. I don't see this as classless, I figured it would just be some weapon repainted. or a printed something. even if the figure is Cy-chop or spector (my most loathed figures) I definitely appreciate the gesture. I can have a figure or give it to a charity or a child or trade it etc. A figure is a great gift imo, definitely bigger than i expected.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

If it's a free figure it won't appear on the invoice hence shouldnt attract any additional customs charge.

I hope it s another Frosta. Mine had two right forearms.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    My question is....Will it be 1 figure per customer or 1 figure per subscription?
    100% TOTALLY Valid question Maniac.... I would assume it woudl be 1 per sub.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    agreed. it's a whole figure. I don't see this as classless, I figured it would just be some weapon repainted. or a printed something. even if the figure is Cy-chop or spector (my most loathed figures) I definitely appreciate the gesture. I can have a figure or give it to a charity or a child or trade it etc. A figure is a great gift imo, definitely bigger than i expected.
    After I read the e-mail, I logged on here excited to see everyone's reaction. Instead, everyone feels like they got punched in the face.

It is The Mighty Spector

I like the surprise of not knowing, if it is someone I have or don't want then some lucky kid will get a kick butt figure for x-mas.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I would have been perfectly happy with a couple repainted accessories for Frosta.. rather than a figure I already own.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    After I read the e-mail, I logged on here excited to see everyone's reaction. Instead, everyone feels like they got punched in the face.
    Not everyone. I am excited. I was just thinking (before getting this e-mail) that I wish they would do another Mad Matty Mystery pack and BAM...subscribers get a mystery figure. How fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Yeah, I am very surprised. AND excited!!!
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Please let the Good Lord hear you! I do really doubt it would be anything not previously sold like a repaint or even a repacked DC vs MOTU figure. I must consider myself lucky if I may get another Castle Grayskull Man, I'm more lean towards Grizzlor, Keldor, Catra, King Hsss, Buzz-Off and the core remaining stock.
    If I may get another Wundar or Shadow Weaver I'd probably suffer a stroke at opening the box
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

You know, Mattel really doesn't have to send out anything for their Frosta screw-up, so it limits how deeply we can look into this gifthorse's mouth, but this is... lame.

The subscribers will be getting an extra of something that we've already bought and Mattel gets the benefit of cleaning out old stock. It's like they're giving me the chore of selling it because they can't.

Ah well, it's the thought that counts.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Warrior
    Completely 100% agree... Considering it was a simple 5-10 minute fix (it can be a pain to wrestle with the elbow pins) and that, like many others, the first thing I thought we would get when the apology gift was mentioned is a weapon repaint, a full figure, any figure, is a great gesture.

And I will totally laugh at everyone belly-aching over it if we end up getting something cool like TOD Sorceress or Castle Grayskullman. Heck, I don't care who it is... It's a free figure!! I for one am excited to see who I get.