Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    yes.. for sub orders ONLY.
    well thats b/c we didnt have a choice to get frosta with the messed up arms, Day of sales people had a choice to buy the "defective" figure.

again her arms dont bug me for 1 second and Ill take the free figure, just wanted a repainted item to go with someone else more.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    Actually, it is a rather cool idea, and more value than a repainted accessory.

In some sense, I would have rather had an existing female accessory made in translucent blue for Frosta or something similar, but this does not upset me in the least. If you really don't want the figure, I'm sure you could sell it for something on eBay or here on the Org. Even $1.00 is a net gain for you if the buyer pays the shipping costs.

Good show, Matty!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

A free figure for an error that I never in a million years would have noticed anyway? Thanks, Mattel!

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Ok, I am putting it out there. If you are so dissatisfied with the figure you get for FREE, then please PM me and I will pay for you to ship your unwanted figure to me. Seriously, with all the complaints so far, I expect to get a couple dozen responses. We shall see.
    SECONDED!!!

If you don't want your free figure please let me know and i'll gladely pay shipping and your gas to the post office.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

so ppl like me who missed the window an lucked into discovering this line existed [again due ot mattel not advertising the line AT ALL].. I can in an tryed to get a sub but due to the window being closed by two days.. I dont get this..
    ..even tho I went back an purchased aLL the figure now, PLUS EVERY day of sale figure [EVERY TIME]... sorry, I feel slighted...

mattel screwed up an I couldnt get a sub due ot limited time window... an [0] advertising... now I get screwed again with this.
    Sorry but its a slap in the face... insulting.
    It's for people who were forced to buy a defective Frosta.

Here's my question if my free figure ends up being Frosta... do I get another free apology figure later?
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Here's my question if my free figure ends up being Frosta... do I get another free apology figure later?
    Hahahaha! Brilliant post! lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Just got this email, too! Awesome!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Like others, I have everything that I want from Mattel, so the free figure won't mean that much to me. Plus, I never noticed the Frosta mistake. I think that Frosta is a great figure.

I hope that I get the free toy soon enough because I will be happy to place it in a Toys for Tots bin around Christmas time. If I don't need the figure, then perhaps a needy child will find some joy in it and come to like MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Will the complainers still be complaining if it's Battle Armor Faker?
    Or the left over Shadow Weaver customer stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Like others, I have everything that I want from Mattel, so the free figure won't mean that much to me. Plus, I never noticed the Frosta mistake. I think that Frosta is a great figure.

I hope that I get the free toy soon enough because I will be happy to place it in a Toys for Tots bin around Christmas time. If I don't need the figure, then perhaps a needy child will find some joy in it and come to like MOTU, too!
    That is an excellent idea!

For everyone that doesn't want/ need/ appreciate the free figure then donate it to Toys for Tots or some other charitable organization Millions of kids around the world will be going without this Christmas, so I am sure they would LOVE it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Or the left over Shadow Weaver customer stock.
    And don't forget Mo-Larr and Gygor
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Or if we got free Teela figures!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    That is an excellent idea!

For everyone that doesn't want/ need/ appreciate the free figure then donate it to Toys for Tots or some other charitable organization Millions of kids around the world will be going without this Christmas, so I am sure they would LOVE it!
    If it's a figure that I don't need/want or doesn't come with a second head, I will definitely do this. Good idea!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Well thisis an interesting turn. I can say I didn't see this coming. A free mystery as an apology is a pretty big step for Mattel.

That said, and I know I'm probably going to get flamed into oblivion for this, but this gesture just feels rather...lazy.

Giving away a bunch of figures for free hits them in their wallets, but I would've rather seen a additional accessory for Frosta. It wouldn't have had to have been a new tool, but maybe an existing weapon cast in a light blue translucent plastic would've been well received. I just have a feeling we are going to be seeing a bunch of extra stock that maybe some folks don't want.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

that point I will agree with.
    But I still purchased her, and the appology item was going to be because of the defective arms... mine were reversed.. I had to fix them myself.

..I see your side of if! I honestly do... I just cant help feeling insulted again. As I was told over the phone when I called trying to get the subs and was told "I am sorry sir, but you shouldnt have waitied to sign up for the subscription" by the phone rep when I called about it... cant not wait if you DONT KNOW about it existing...

...just rubs me the wrong way. Guess I am still miffed over that call, even now.
    You knowingly bought her.

As for the sub, it was probably the most marketed sub by the fan community. Blade and Saurod even came out to promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Or if we got free Teela figures!
    Heck, why not Spirit of Grayskull?

Hmmmm...now I'm thinking about which figures I'd like a double of...Whiplash, Mer-Man, Teela, Tri-Klops, Dekker, He-Man, Man-At-Arms, SMAA, Zodac, Trap-Jaw, Keldor, Snout Spout, Fisto, Cy-Chop, Spector...Hmmm...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Hmmmm...now I'm thinking about which figures I'd like a double of...Whiplash, Mer-Man, Teela, Tri-Klops, Dekker, He-Man, Man-At-Arms, SMAA, Zodac, Trap-Jaw, Keldor, Snout Spout, Fisto, Cy-Chop, Spector...Hmmm...
    It's most likely to be the figures offered on Black Friday that didn't sell out:

Adora
    Buzz-Off
    Catra
    Chief Carnivus
    Clawful
    Count Marzo
    Evil-Lyn (Battleground)
    Faceless One
    Grizzlor
    Hordak (Hurricane)
    Icarius
    King Grayskull
    Mer-Man
    Moss Man
    Snout Spout
    Stratos
    Sy-Klone
    Teela (Battleground)
    Vikor

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Personally, I think this is way cool. Much much better than some repainted accessory somewhere down the line.

Hoping I end up with a Catra since I haven't picked one up for my daughter's collection yet.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I was underwhelmed to say the least at first...but then I got to thinking, "What if this is why Castle Grayskullman sold out so quickly?". Now, I'm eager to see who I get, even though I have every figure.
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Personally, I think this is way cool. Much much better than some repainted accessory somewhere down the line.

Hoping I end up with a Catra since I haven't picked one up for my daughter's collection yet.
    Yep, I think this is good --I like to customize, so I could use an extra figure to paint,etc
    They must have tons of extra stock to do this though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    That said, and I know I'm probably going to get flamed into oblivion for this, but this gesture just feels rather...lazy.

Giving away a bunch of figures for free hits them in their wallets, but I would've rather seen a additional accessory for Frosta.
    You shouldn't get flamed for that. It's spot-on. This is a freebie, so any complaints have to be measured against that, but Mattel could've done better. Just look at GITD Slimer as an example.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    This is kewl! Free figure! So it's like we got Shadow Weaver for free now...

I'm psyched!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Why would I want another figure of one I already have since I'm a sub holder??

Unless its a corrected figure of the few incorrectly assembled ones I'm ok with that

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    A free figure for an error that I never in a million years would have noticed anyway? Thanks, Mattel!
    Exactly, this Definitely shows good faith on Mattel's part I REALLY tried hard to see this arm problemand dont even notice it to this day (if anything the colors were off+ that's it). VERY happy with this news

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Exactly, this Definitely shows good faith on Mattel's part I REALLY tried hard to see this arm problemand dont even notice it to this day (if anything the colors were off+ that's it). VERY happy with this news