Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    That is why I feel disappointed. This news means that one unique item that was looked into now will never see the light of day. I find that sad.
    I'm also not too keen on having to sell more unwanted figures on eBay
    Why not give to toys for tots,(insert child charity)etc...? You could make a child VERY happy with your unwanted extra figure
    Last edited by He-Kal; December 6, 2012 at 04:00pm.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm fine with this free figure solution.

Whether it's a new figure (unlikely) or a duplicate of a figure that I already have, hey free is free. If you don't want it, sell it. Even if you only make $5 off of it, it's all profit! Anyone who doesn't want the free figure that they receive could maybe help out a fellow fan who may have a gap in their collection, or maybe even put it in a Toys For Tots bin or something.

This would be the perfect opportunity to unload any customer service stock that they might have of past sub-exclusive figures, which I assume they must have at least some amount of. They don't want to sell it to fans in general because it would upset sub-holders, but to use them as an apology item for subscribers would be perfect. I don't think anyone would complain about an extra Shadow Weaver... there's a figure that would be easy to unload if you didn't want to keep it. I personally wouldn't even mind an extra Preternia He-Man.... I don't really care much for the figure, itself, but I wouldn't mind an extra Cosmic Key!

And/or maybe some of the figures they send will be some of the more highly demanded ones like the first version of Teela (it's unlikely, but not impossible).

But to be honest, regardless of whether the figure is one of the rarest/most sought after or one of the most common and/or least liked, at the end of the day, it's a free figure. Yeah, the screw up with Frosta's arms shouldn't have happened, but it did and it was relatively easy to fix (I already did with mine). I really see no reason to complain even if this is just an excuse to unload some old, lingering stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    I could very well be wrong, but I am pretty sure it was stated that people who got refunds would not be getting the gift
    Somehow I doubt this will be the case, and here's why...

Based on both past screw ups and just the general limitations that Digital River seems to have compared to most other online retailers, I doubt that their system is intuitive enough to discriminate between the subscription of someone who kept the figure and the subscription of someone who sent the figure back. Things like returns and refunds are typically entered into the system processed manually. I doubt that their system is set up to "flag" and identify the subscription of someone who sent their figure back compared to someone who didn't (they can't even seem to combine separate orders placed on the same day into a single shipment).

So, most likely all subscribers are getting the free figure regardless. Personally I think it's a moot point anyway. I'm guessing that anyone who did send her back likely didn't get the shipping refunded (Matty/DR doesn't usually refund the shipping), and there probably aren't that many people who bothered sending her back anyway. I would think most wouldn't want the gap in their collection, regardless of the fore-arm issue. The few who possibly did might be those who didn't want her in the first place, but subscribed anyway just to guarantee the figures that they do want. Anyway the point is that the people who actually returned the figure are likely so few and far between that not very many people are going to get a free figure on top of having sent her back. And it wouldn't be worth DR's time to manually go through each and every sub just to make sure they don't send a figure to someone who returned Frosta.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Offer them as a sacrifice to the great Black Morbo!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Well it won't be a 2012 club eternia figure obviously. COuld be a 30th... I bet it's CGM... that's why he sold out so fast, because every clube eternia member is getting one for free!!!! Well it could be a 30th figure or any past year. So I will be happy with just about anyone... extra body, and armor... another head + weapons for mix and match fun times... awesome!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

A free figure is a free figure...more fodder to the fire! I'm glad they're at least trying to make it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Offer them as a sacrifice to the great Black Morbo!
    I thought that Benedict Judas Hel was the only one that we were allowed to sacrifice offerings to now? lol

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel do some daft things, but this isn't one of them. I was anticipating a sticker sheet, so this is a pleasant surprise. Even if it's an opportunity to shift a few Mo-Larrs, it really doesn't matter. It's free! Well done TG and Mattel.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Mattel do some daft things, but this isn't one of them. I was anticipating a sticker sheet, so this is a pleasant surprise. Even if it's an opportunity to shift a few Mo-Larrs, it really doesn't matter. It's free! Well done TG and Mattel.
    I agree 1,000%!! Well done Mattel! I don't want no stinkin' sticker sheet! lol.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

First they make Jitsu's face too realistic and now this? Not a good week for them.

I've not read through the thread to get a general feel for people's opinions on this, but here's mine. (I'll go back and read through to see if I'm in the majority or minority. )

I think it's cool.
    Granted this is where I'm coming from. I didn't feel like I needed an apology item whatsoever.
    I am a customizer, so to switch the arms back was no big deal to me at all. I recognize people shouldn't have to do this with their figures, I get that... They shouldn't! But the fix was easy nonetheless.
    So another free figure? No shipping charge? Awesome! I don't care if it's one I have already, I see it as an opportunity to gift it to someone, or use it in a "toys for tots" somewhere.

I think it's a great gesture from Mattel. Color me happy.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I've not read through the thread to get a general feel for people's opinions on this, but here's mine. (I'll go back and read through to see if I'm in the majority or minority. )

I think it's cool.
    Granted this is where I'm coming from. I didn't feel like I needed an apology item whatsoever.
    I am a customizer, so to switch the arms back was no big deal to me at all. I recognize people shouldn't have to do this with their figures, I get that... They shouldn't! But the fix was easy nonetheless.
    So another free figure? No shipping charge? Awesome! I don't care if it's one I have already, I see it as an opportunity to gift it to someone, or use it in a "toys for tots" somewhere.

I think it's a great gesture from Mattel. Color me happy.
    agree with this 100%. It is a free figure so I KNEW there'd be negative sentiment about it of course.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Well it won't be a 2012 club eternia figure obviously. COuld be a 30th... I bet it's CGM... that's why he sold out so fast, because every clube eternia member is getting one for free!!!! Well it could be a 30th figure or any past year. So I will be happy with just about anyone... extra body, and armor... another head + weapons for mix and match fun times... awesome!
    They said 'basic' figure. So I think they excludes 30th, deluxe, and exclusives. I think it's going to be figures from the first few years. For Black Friday/Cyber Monday they got rid of a ton of old stock. TG said somewhere that any other figures they had from previous years weren't in enough quantities to sell during the sale. I bet they are lumping them all together and doling them out as gifts. I'm betting we'll see Zodac, Optikk, Scareglow, Randor 1, Goddess, Whiplash, Roboto...

Quote Originally Posted by lizardman View Post
    great gift matty thanks! I wish another king hsss to display with snake heads.
    i also hope its a King Hiss figure

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Ok, I will make my point, because I dont "just want something free", I am trying to make a valid point here.

YES sub holders were forced to buy an ship a defective frosta.

BUT [ALL] sub holders were also offered a personal choice to return their Frosta if they didnt want to keep her!

- so your having a sub means jack in the fairness of an argument.

As in comparison to ppl who are compeltists; who clearly understood the bully tactic threat from mattel that "buy her or dont but we WONT MAKE HER EVER AGAIN..."; we of course wanted her anyway.
    So in comparison to the ppl who chose to keep her after getting her..
    ITS NO DIFFERENT AT ALL! As all sub holders had ot understand this an choose as well...

Those of us who either out of bad luck, bad timing, or being a cherry pickor, on that day of sale had to choose to buy her defective if we wanted any kind of frosta.

Sub holders who choose to keep her after getting the option to return frosta makes it no different of a purchase than those who buy on day of sale because they wanted it also.... its NO different.

So on that note... again I say mattel should offer 1 apology item to every buyer who purchased 1 frosta, regardless of in a sub or not!
    I know there is no winning this argument, but I thought of a valid point. Sub holders, if they decided not to keep the Frosta because of the error, were then put in a place where they had to hassel with calling DR and returning the figure, no easy task, so there is that valid point. If you have ever had to call to arrange a return, or deal with DR at all, then you know the pain.

@Dynamo
    I could be wrong like I said before, but I'm pretty sure TG said before that people who got a refund would not be getting a gift. I have no need or desire to scroll through all of the posts to find it so we will just have to wait for a response from Scott.
    However I highly doubt Mattel would be giving out refunds AND sending out a free gift...thats just throwing money away. If you think Mattel and DR don't have the tech to know who got a refund and who didn't you are flat out wrong regardless of if people who refunded get a gift or not.
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    First they make Jitsu's face too realistic and now this? Not a good week for them.
    Jitsu cant help how intense he looks... I mean come on, your face would always be in a scowl if you had to try an wipe with your off hand every time you had to go #2.... lol

I think this is a great move on their part. It helps them get rid of unwanted stock, let's them give a freebie to customers that doesn't cost them anything extra (no newly tooled weapons, repaints, or whatnot), and it's WAY more exciting than a sticker sheet. If something shows up in the shipment that I don't want, I'm simply going to turn around and either sell it or trade it here on the boards. I'm pretty okay with this.

Heroic Warrior
    A FREE F.I.G.U.R.E!!!!!!

I am really confused here. While no one YET knows as to WHICH figure you are getting. You are getting a FREE $22.00 action figure for a muck up on Mattel fault????? I fail to see how this is not a win for the people who bought the Frosta figure. Yes, having a corrected figure would be great and dearly wanted by everyone who bought her. However, that will not happen. You are not getting a simple accessory or something that may not be of use, you are getting an already made figure. You can use it for custom fodder or trade bait to get something that you really wanted.

You may be getting a figure that was not made available during the BF and CM sale possibly something that is sought after by everyone (I cannot wait to find out that it's a hard to find figure).
    Be patient folks see what you are getting rather than bringing out the pitchforks and torches.

My opinion it seems a bit unfair from folks to get your hate on here when Mattel, Matty and TG are trying to correct an error that was accidental and trying to say their sorry. I am really surprised as to how people are reacting to this news.

Goon
    Last edited by The Goon; December 6, 2012 at 04:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's great that Mattel is providing a free figure to those who qualify. I know I wouldn't complain if I got something for free.

But, is anyone else confused by: "Looking ahead, 2013 promises to be even more powerful! We'll start out the year with Ram Man® and Netossa™, then get ready for the arrival of the first Castle Grayskull® playset in 30 years?"

I seem to remember a 2002 release, which I still have, along with a 'gift set' Toys R Us version that came with 4 carded figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Jitsu cant help how intense he looks... I mean come on, your face would always be in a scowl if you had to try an wipe with your off hand every time you had to go #2.... lol
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger78 View Post
    I think it's great that Mattel is providing a free figure to those who qualify. I know I wouldn't complain if I got something for free.

But, is anyone else confused by: "Looking ahead, 2013 promises to be even more powerful! We'll start out the year with Ram Man® and Netossa™, then get ready for the arrival of the first Castle Grayskull® playset in 30 years?"

I seem to remember a 2002 release, which I still have, along with a 'gift set' Toys R Us version that came with 4 carded figures.

sssshhh we dont talk about the 200X "Castle Grayskull"
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I'd laugh if the free figure was Frosta.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
    A FREE F.I.G.U.R.E!!!!!!

I am really confused here. While no one YET knows as to WHICH figure you are getting. You are getting a FREE $22.00 action figure for a muck up on Mattel fault????? I fail to see how this is not a win for the people who bought the Frosta figure. Yes, having a corrected figure would be great and dearly wanted by everyone who bought her. However, that will not happen. You are not getting a simple accessory or something that may not be of use, you are getting an already made figure. You can use it for custom fodder or trade bait to get something that you really wanted.

You may be getting a figure that was not made available during the BF and CM sale possibly something that is sought after by everyone (I cannot wait to find out that it's a hard to find figure).
    Be patient folks see what you are getting rather than bringing out the pitchforks and torches.

My opinion it seems a bit unfair from folks to get your hate on here when Mattel, Matty and TG are trying to correct an error that was accidental and trying to say their sorry. I am really surprised as to how people are reacting to this news.

Goon
    I agree 100%.

I don't care what figure I will get. It is a free figure and that's all I need to know.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    That was actually the first thought that came to my mind, also, once I learned it seems to be a standard released figure and not something new.

From the way I first read the email, I was thinking it'd be something like a standard, unpainted body with maybe just a he-man or skeletor head or something. You know, a very basic figure to be used for customizing, dressing up, or whatever.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"