Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Bahahahahaha! Great!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I think it's great, kind of like Christmas and we don't know what we're getting!!! As stated above, Scott did say that even with the Black Friday sale, there were some characters in small enough quantities that couldn't be offered up for sale and that they would find other ways to get rid of them, if I'm not mistaken he even hinted by saying gift or something to that affect! That really opens it up as to who we could get in terms of basic figures, I'm hoping for Teela myself!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I actually like this free gift. If I don't like the figure I could always sell or trade it. I was expecting something less like a sticker sheet, motu print or a repaint of an accessory.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    so i have my Frostra which took 30seconds to "alter" and now i get another figure for free? which if i don't want I can sell for likely more than i paid for Frostra.... Result!

If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

As long as I don't get a Spector, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth

I would be over the moon with a Snake Man-at-Arms, Horde Prime or BA Skeletor. But even something like an extra King Grayskull, Demo-Man or Vikor would be great.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I think it's a fair deal for everyone. I remember being around when the 2012 subs were open (I came across that cool pic of Shadow Weaver online and discovered MOTUC through her, actually!) but I was more focused on my WWE collection at the time. Of course, fast forward a few months ahead and now I'm stuck being a DOS buyer. I guess I would've been lucky to be a cherry picker but I still ended up getting every 2012 figure anyway, heheh!

Anyway, sub holders getting a free figure is nice. You don't have to wait until next Christmas to get something and hope that DR remembers those who had subs this year but didn't sub for next year. As a non-subber, I'm kinda relieved that the free gift isn't a unique weapon/accessory. I would've felt sad if I missed out on something cool like a GITD Power Sword, Icy Weapons, or Netossa's Headdress. Stuff like that is better suited for a new Weapons Pack that everyone can obtain. Keldor's fused sword from PowerCon turned out to be kinda "Meh" for some but was still kinda pricey on eBay...I'd hate to imagine how sick secondary prices would be for an awesome limited-run accessory like a pewter/vac-metalized Power Sword!

This way, I don't feel like I'll miss out for not being a sub holder and for those who are getting a free figure...It's a whole MOC figure, and not just a bagged accessory, for free! That's a lot more than owners of Snout Spout, Goddess, Roboto, and King Hssss got for production/design defects that, IMO, are far more noticeable than Frosta's forearms!

does this mean that i'll be buying a frosta just to see what the free figure is?

Hopefully not one of those stupid brown haired he-man figures i got somewhen as a kid

For me I don't have issues with Frosta at all, so the fact I am getting an extra $20 figure without me having to do anything I am happy.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    i also hope its a King Hiss figure
    Sorry about the reversed Frosta forearms....here is a free King Hiss complete with reversed shoulders........that would be funny

Here's a thought... Does anyone have a friend that has thought about getting into the line but for whatever reason hasn't yet? Give your figure to him/ her. It could very well get the ball rolling on that person jumping on board! If someone had given me He-Man for example, I would not be able to keep myself from buying Skeletor.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    Here's a thought... Does anyone have a friend that has thought about getting into the line but for whatever reason hasn't yet? Give your figure to him/ her. It could very well get the ball rolling on that person jumping on board! If someone had given me He-Man for example, I would not be able to keep myself from buying Skeletor.
    I agree!! This is an OUTSTANDING good idea!! We can always use more dedicated MOTUC brand buyers.

I can understand the underwhelming-ness of it all. I mean at this point if you're a subber you most likely have all the figs you really want by now, so any random fig is just going to be an extra. Unless you like to customize, you'll probably have little use for it and look to sell it.

However, it would be great if they somehow made it collector friendly by changing something about the packaging or some surface detail of the figure (the color). In the end it is free and unless you get the star sisters, you can always get your money back. A more unique item might have been more popular.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Sorry about the reversed Frosta forearms....here is a free King Hiss complete with reversed shoulders........that would be funny
    man i laughed hard XD

Hey everyone - please remember to express your opinions without calling others whiners or complainers. Lots of room for all viewpoints to be expressed without doing that.

As for my own opinion - well, I'm intrigued to see what figure I'll get! I hope it might be a good army-builder type or a figure that had a second head. That'd be cool. But even if it's a figure I have, well... I can always try to resell. A free figure is a free figure.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    so the fact I am getting an extra $20 figure without me having to do anything I am happy.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    They said 'basic' figure. So I think they excludes 30th, deluxe, and exclusives. I think it's going to be figures from the first few years. For Black Friday/Cyber Monday they got rid of a ton of old stock. TG said somewhere that any other figures they had from previous years weren't in enough quantities to sell during the sale. I bet they are lumping them all together and doling them out as gifts. I'm betting we'll see Zodac, Optikk, Scareglow, Randor 1, Goddess, Whiplash, Roboto...
    I would love for some of the older guys... Webstor, Beastman, Scareglow... all greatness. Should be fun... My wife said she is getting the box when it comes and is just wrapping it for Christmas so I wont know who it is... should be fun!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I think we're going to get Strobo's.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
    A FREE F.I.G.U.R.E!!!!!!

I am really confused here. While no one YET knows as to WHICH figure you are getting. You are getting a FREE $22.00 action figure for a muck up on Mattel fault????? I fail to see how this is not a win for the people who bought the Frosta figure. Yes, having a corrected figure would be great and dearly wanted by everyone who bought her. However, that will not happen. You are not getting a simple accessory or something that may not be of use, you are getting an already made figure. You can use it for custom fodder or trade bait to get something that you really wanted.

You may be getting a figure that was not made available during the BF and CM sale possibly something that is sought after by everyone (I cannot wait to find out that it's a hard to find figure).
    Be patient folks see what you are getting rather than bringing out the pitchforks and torches.

My opinion it seems a bit unfair from folks to get your hate on here when Mattel, Matty and TG are trying to correct an error that was accidental and trying to say their sorry. I am really surprised as to how people are reacting to this news.

Goon
    Totally agreed.

For me, this free gift is the apology for all the mistakes Mattel has made thus far (Hssss, Stinkor, Snout, etc). They're saying it's only for Frosta, which is fine as long as we all know there is still much "correcting" to be done. Frosta was hardly a mistake at all because she's a 2 minute fix. So, with that said...

Thank you Matty, Scott, and whomever else for the free figure. That is AWESOME.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; December 6, 2012 at 05:48pm. Reason: Changed the word "whiny" to "unreasonable".

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    After I read the e-mail, I logged on here excited to see everyone's reaction. Instead, everyone feels like they got punched in the face.
    I think it's awesome that we are getting something for free that would normally cost around thirty bucks with shipping. In fact this made me really happy when I read the e-mail. It's more than I expected. Thank you Matty!

I'm all for a free figure. I actually prefer it over a mother of pearl colored sword or Beastman's armor in green.

Thought this was a pretty decent gesture for what (to me) wasn't a big deal over Frosta's forearms. Very good news.

Hi toy fan, thanks for being a subscriber and getting stuck with cheap ass repaints like Snake MAA. We know you have already bought all our figures because as a subscriber you are stuck with them. But those treacherous cherry pickers didn't clear us out of some of the crappier figures we made so as a good will from us, and because our shoulder committee does not multi task to do a forearm check, we will be sending you a figure you already have for absolutely nothing. That's right, completely free.

Don't thank us yet because we will be putting it with your December order and our world class logistics company, Digital River have assured us they will not accidentally charge you more shipping to cover the extra figure we are sending you, free. Did we mention it was free? See you in the toy aisles, where there are no free figures

[QUOTE=MOTU_Maniac;3168596]And hopefully that helps you fill in some figures you lost due to Sandy

I just hope they don't send 2 of the same figure that would suck
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post

Drewsky...
    That would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I doubt it'll be a new figure. But hypothetically, if it was a new figure made from existing parts, I can think of a ton of figures I'd love to have just from the parts we already have:

- Any Fuerza-T figure but especially Platino or Felinor
    - Leo Kahn or Leo Faker
    - Filmation colored Hordak
    - Classic toy style Mer-man

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    That would be ironic. But if his ankles were tight I’d be happy with another King Hiss. My Kobra Kahn has loose ankles and I could use King Hiss’ boots, with the Kahn feet of course, to enable my Kobra Kahn to stand up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post

Drewsky...
    That would be great.
    Last edited by FAKER II; December 6, 2012 at 06:23pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal