Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Free figure?

Bad move, Mattel . . . bad, bad move!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

A FREE figure!!??? Of all the rotten things to do!!

J/K…I'll take a free figure. Especially since I've fixed my Frosta and she's issue–free.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Court Magician
    I know that I have a list forming in my mind already of figures I still don't have, hoping I get one of them (Teela, He-Ro, Tri-clops...). It WOULD be dirty of Matty to give us a figure from THIS year's sub, but there have been other years I didn't have one. Who knows? Heck, they have to have customer service stock of sub exclusives, what better way to get rid of them and keep their word about not making these figures "available".

Resigning myself to actually getting a figure I bought on Black Friday though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Hi toy fan, thanks for being a subscriber ... See you in the toy aisles, where there are no free figures
    bravo.

getting a free toy is great and all but people have right to have their contrary opinions and express them.

it was suggested by the brand manager that a free gift was coming. it was also suggested by the brand manager that it would be a recolored weapon or something like that. a free gift of a figure that the subscriber most likely already has? i was caught a bit off guard myself.

i just dropped off a mess of toys at toys-for-tots and i love gifting toys in general, so it's always easy for me to figure out what to do with extras. then again, i was hoping for something else.

hopefully it's he-man!

I can't believe some think it will be a new figure, lol. Gotta be He-man, Skelly, or original She-ra....possibly some other leftover stock mixed in. All this means is I have another figure to worry about selling. But it is free, sooo...thanks? :/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    The very best free figure I could think of getting is a corrected King Hssss, Stinkor, or "new plastic head" Snout Spout.

But of course, I'm happy with whatever. Mo-Larr, Skeletor, TMS, whatever.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    And hopefully that helps you fill in some figures you lost due to Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I just hope they don't send 2 of the same figure that would suck
    Then you could just trade it for something you need.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

And when is Pixel Dan going to do a review of this mystery figure?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    And when is Pixel Dan going to do a review of this mystery figure?
    He already did

I´m excited!

Getting a surprise gift is great !!!!!!!

On the one hand, I already have all of the figures, so it's slightly disappointing. On the OTHER hand, that's a lot cooler than a mere repainted weapon that not all fans would have access to.

I'm personally hoping for any of the following:

1) Frosta - weird, I know, but my golden retriever made a snack out of mine.
    2) Shadow Weaver - Could totally happen, since these are 2012 subscriber gifts and she was the 2012 subscriber bonus.
    3) Teela - Always wished I had purchased a second one to display the cobra armor.
    4) King Hsss - Would like to be able to display him in both forms
    5) BG Teela - Good base for a custom Mermista, should Matty never release her.
    6) Whiplash - I sold my extra to a friend in need, so it would be kinda cool to be able to display both heads again.
    7) MAA - extra fodder for the second head, palace guards, Dekker is always a good idea
    8) Castle Grayskullman - Good excuse to buy one of those cool custom heads
    9) Catra - Wouldn't mind trying to paint her up in vintage toy colors.
    10) Mekaneck. Wouldn't mind trying to make a Snake Mek.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Hoping for some custom action figures by MasterEnglish.

Seriously, if they don't give me a repainted sword over a $30 plus free figure, I'm calling for Scott's resignation. What kind of irresponsibility is on display when we would be given a $30+ gift instead of $2 one? What is this? Christmas time? A way to make up for past wrongs? Lunacy! This will NOT help customer relations AT ALL! Feel our wrath Matty . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Would be cool to get Scareglow

Eh...

I was expecting something unique.

This is like "killing two birds with one stone." Matty gets rid of unwanted stock and at the same time takes care of their "gift" problem.

Don't get me wrong, free stuff is great but getting an already released figure as a bonus sure is a disappointment. I already got doubles on figures I wanted. I would have much rather received some unique accessories, even if they were just redecos.

**crosses fingers**

C'mon Icarius!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I only have 15 left to collect until I get a complete collection, so any for me is welcomed. And if I already have it, I can use it to make a custom. I do think though that it's likely to be one of the Evergreen items. He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak, King Hsss. Or one of the ones that wasn't sold out on BF/CM.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    aka we screwed up - here's a figure we couldnt sell to make up for it.
    And it's better than a pink repainted sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorko2 View Post
    Ah, it won't be a new figure. Mattel is dumping their old unsold stock on us.

Classless, Matty, classless. Consider me done with the line after 2013.
    How is this classless? It's a free figure for a minor issue, I was shocked they would give us an entirely free figure even if it was leftover stock. They can also have this issue resolved this year.

My question is....Will it be 1 figure per customer or 1 figure per subscription?
    1 per subscription.

After I read the e-mail, I logged on here excited to see everyone's reaction. Instead, everyone feels like they got punched in the face.
    No doubt, I can't believe so many are unhappy, this was an awesome gesture in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Completely 100% agree... Considering it was a simple 5-10 minute fix (it can be a pain to wrestle with the elbow pins) and that, like many others, the first thing I thought we would get when the apology gift was mentioned is a weapon repaint, a full figure, any figure, is a great gesture.

And I will totally laugh at everyone belly-aching over it if we end up getting something cool like TOD Sorceress or Castle Grayskullman. Heck, I don't care who it is... It's a free figure!! I for one am excited to see who I get.
    Well I imagine it won't be a sold out figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Seriously if this is there way of an apology I wish they hadn't of bothered. I have everyhting I want so far I don't need doubles of figures I already own.

Ugh knowing my luck I'll get another Dekker and I'll have to bin him for a second time!.
    Well again I'm overwhelmed, it's an entire figure for free! Give it to a kid down the street if you don't want it.

I am sure they are cleaning out stock, but I think it's AWESOME. If you don't like the FREE figure then sell it or trade it for something else. They didn't have to do anything. I think it's way better than a sticker sheet. It's like they are handing each subscriber $20 for free
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Ok, I am putting it out there. If you are so dissatisfied with the figure you get for FREE, then please PM me and I will pay for you to ship your unwanted figure to me. Seriously, with all the complaints so far, I expect to get a couple dozen responses. We shall see.
    I was going to say the same thing, I like making all kinds mixes and matches, and extra figures are great for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    at least you get one, I missed the sub window [when I DISCOVERED this line existed by luck] by 3 days... yet I have still purchased every item to date since then on day of sales...

I personally would love a free extra figure for custom made fig to put on my shelf... so now because I missed the sub window this year by 2 days [due to "0" advertising of the line to inform me earlier it even EXISTED]... I feel even more insulted now with it being limted only to subscribers orders...
    This line has been around since 2008? If you visit toy sites or MOTU sites they've been on there? This is basically an internet only line so if you haven't been online looking at toys or don't buy figures I guess you could have missed it?

Should they send out free figures to random people on the street?
    LOL

so ppl like me who missed the window an lucked into discovering this line existed [again due to mattel not advertising the line AT ALL]... I came in an tryed to get a sub; I did, I even called DR... but due to the window being closed by [two days].. I dont get this even tho I went back an purchased ALL the figures up to now, PLUS EVERY day of sale figure [EVERY TIME]... sorry, I feel slighted...

Mattel screwed up an I couldnt get a sub due to a limited time window... an [0] advertising... now I get screwed again with this...
    Sorry but its a slap in the face... insulting.

[end of rant]
    I don't know how this is slap in the face? It's for subscribers, you missed the subscription window, simple as that. For whatever reason you were not a subscriber for 2012, this was for a mistake a subscriber could not get out of, where as doy of buyers were well aware of before purchasing Frosta.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Here's my question if my free figure ends up being Frosta... do I get another free apology figure later?
    It probably will not be a 2012 figure.

that point I will agree with.
    But I still purchased her, and the appology item was going to be because of the defective arms... mine were reversed.. I had to fix them myself.

..I see your side of if! I honestly do... I just cant help feeling insulted again. As I was told over the phone when I called trying to get the subs and was told "I am sorry sir, but you shouldnt have waitied to sign up for the subscription" by the phone rep when I called about it... cant not wait if you DONT KNOW about it existing...

...just rubs me the wrong way. Guess I am still miffed over that call, even now.
    No need to be, why is this such a big deal to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Mattel is handing out free figures and people start complaining? This is just insane imo. What would you guys have liked Mattel to do instead? I am really curious to see what people expected..

ToyGuru, if you are reading this, I'll take a Photog, Preternia He-man, Wundar or Spector please..
    I don't get it either?

Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    the point you are missing is that Sub Holders who refunded their figures will not be getting the gift (as far as I know) and that when you sign up for a sub you have no idea what you may be getting. Just because you missed the sub window ( I feel for you man) doesn't really mean that Mattel needs to send you a free a gift for buying something was CLEARLY marked as being defective. Sub Holders keep this line going (according to Mattel) and they SHOULD be rewarded for supporting the line so rabidly. Did you sub this year?

Also I am very excited to see what this free figure is...the only ones I hope its not is Cy-chops or photog....if its a double of a figure I already have it will make good custom fodder...heres hoping its GITD Orko with Faker prince Adam
    All sub holders will get the free figure no matter if they returned her or not.

First they make Jitsu's face too realistic and now this? Not a good week for them.
    No kidding, I think Jitsu looks amazing and the free figure is an absolutely unexpected surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    does this mean that i'll be buying a frosta just to see what the free figure is?

Hopefully not one of those stupid brown haired he-man figures i got somewhen as a kid
    What does this even mean???

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Seriously, if they don't give me a repainted sword over a $30 plus free figure, I'm calling for Scott's resignation. What kind of irresponsibility is on display when we would be given a $30+ gift instead of $2 one? What is this? Christmas time? A way to make up for past wrongs? Lunacy! This will NOT help customer relations AT ALL! Feel our wrath Matty . . .
    LOL, no kidding I just don't get it?

Dear Matty: Please send me either Shadow Weaver or CastleGrayskull Man as my free gift figure...........Seriously those are the only two I would really want.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Guess I'll have another figure to drop off at the Toys for Tots bin. I've already dropped off about 23 toys thus far.

Betcha everyone gets Mo-Larr.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Interesting! I win no matter what. Either I get someone of whom I'd like a double, or I get much-needed extra parts. Hopefully it'll be good parts! One way or another I'll get something I'll use.

Back of my brain is still hoping it is at least an interesting new repaint of someone simple, but I doubt it. The ultimate free gift to me would be to repaint Skeletor in his Disco colors, but I wouldn't want to deny anyone of that. No, no we all need to experience that. All of you. But especially me.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think this is beyond generous. Some of the anger over this is really....wow.

I love this site,and listen to rgd non stop.....I have to leave this thread now or I will be banned for what I want to say.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Sweet, a couple free figures for me! I think it's a great gesture by Mattel, I'm always up or a few more MOTUC's! Hoping for a Man-E-Faces, or a King Hiss, heck even another He-Man, I don't have one in every room yet. Plus, I have a new bathroom being constructed, so I need to decorate that...
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Interesting! I win no matter what. Either I get someone of whom I'd like a double, or I get much-needed extra parts. Hopefully it'll be good parts! One way or another I'll get something I'll use.

Back of my brain is still hoping it is at least an interesting new repaint of someone simple, but I doubt it. The ultimate free gift to me would be to repaint Skeletor in his Disco colors, but I wouldn't want to deny anyone of that. No, no we all need to experience that. All of you. But especially me.
    I would LOVE Disco Skeletor
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I think sending us a complete figure is EXTREMELY generous. Who cares if I already have it? If it isn't something I want, I'll give it to someone else. I think this is an awesome move on their part.