Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Isn't a basic figure any figure that is not a beast --oversized etc...? In other words, couldnt we get a 3oth anniversary,etc figure too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    I think sending us a complete figure is EXTREMELY generous. Who cares if I already have it? If it isn't something I want, I'll give it to someone else. I think this is an awesome move on their part.
    Yep--totally agree--don't know how ppl can hate on Mattel for this

Im happy. I think its generous. Just my 2 cents though.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I would LOVE Disco Skeletor
    And you're a better person for it!

Raise your hand to the sky, my friend, for you shall recieve the highest of fives from my hand across the ocean.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A figure like Queen Narlena or Vykron will be good for the second aparience figure.

If not, a exclusive sub. Figure, wundar, shadow weaver, or the masked he-man.

I hope I won't get another Cy-chops or TMS, otherwise I might burn the figure; LOL! Nah, most likely either I'll keep it for a custom or give it away...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I remember a similar outrage when the free accessory was announced for Power Con. Anytime free stuff is announced, people get angry.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I think this is beyond generous. Some of the anger over this is really....wow.

I love this site,and listen to rgd non stop.....I have to leave this thread now or I will be banned for what I want to say.
    I know. I used to come here several times a day, but while I think people should be able to share their opinions whether or not I agree, things here had really gotten so nasty and angry about everything that I steadily decreased my visits, mostly to just the he-man.org front page to see the news. When I got the email from Mattel today I popped on here to read what I thought would be a big swell of support for a really nice give back.

I'd understand some people finding it underwhelming since theoretically sub holders have the figs already anyway. What I didn't expect was the open hostility, and I probably should have.

For my part, thanks for a pretty generous giveaway that you totally didn't need to do at all anyway Mattel. I know plenty of people who have kids that will dig whatever figure you send.

And thanks for turning good news into a personal insult several of you on "the org".

OK first things first. You can't say "for free", it's bad grammar. It's just "free". Sorry, it's a pet hate of mine. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The are two reasons that there is any frustration about this announcement right now:

1) people are just assuming that the "basic figure" is going to be old stock. While that may be true, we don't know for sure.
    Yeah, there is a glimmer of hope (though sadly not a Glimmer of hope, which would be awesome) at least. I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    2) Mattel should have been QUIET about details prior to this announcement. There were too many hints that this item might have been a "repaired item" or accessory.
    Yes, this is exactly the issue I have. Unless the free figure happens to be one I don't already have in my collection (Battle Armor Skeletor, He-Ro, King Randor v1, Roboto, Scareglow, Zodac) or one I wouldn't mind a duplicate of (Teela, King Hssss) then I have no use for it.

Only last week I bought myself a second Trap Jaw to display as Kronis. What happens if I get a third?

It's all very well telling people to give their figure to charity, but I for one would rather purchase and hand-pick the items I give away. It makes it more meaningful. And yeah, we could sell it too, but if lots of us end up with the same figure the market will be flooded with them and nobody will be interested.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for a Christmas miracle, but I can't pretend to be grateful for an item I may potentially have no use for.

I'd have been happier with a repainted Cy-Chop belt in black and red!

Yea people are nuts... A free figure is a FREE FIGURE!! Hell, there are kids all over who aren't getting anything for Christmas... drop the unwanted figure off at Toys for Tots, whatever. Spread the holiday cheer instead of complaining about someone giving you something... man, some folks are downers. Thank you Matty... this is generous and exciting, so stoked over it!!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    And it's better than a pink repainted sword.

How is this classless? It's a free figure for a minor issue, I was shocked they would give us an entirely free figure even if it was leftover stock. They can also have this issue resolved this year.

1 per subscription.

No doubt, I can't believe so many are unhappy, this was an awesome gesture in my mind.

Well I imagine it won't be a sold out figure?

Well again I'm overwhelmed, it's an entire figure for free! Give it to a kid down the street if you don't want it.

Exactly!

I was going to say the same thing, I like making all kinds mixes and matches, and extra figures are great for this.

This line has been around since 2008? If you visit toy sites or MOTU sites they've been on there? This is basically an internet only line so if you haven't been online looking at toys or don't buy figures I guess you could have missed it?

LOL

I don't know how this is slap in the face? It's for subscribers, you missed the subscription window, simple as that. For whatever reason you were not a subscriber for 2012, this was for a mistake a subscriber could not get out of, where as doy of buyers were well aware of before purchasing Frosta.

It probably will not be a 2012 figure.

No need to be, why is this such a big deal to you?

I don't get it either?

All sub holders will get the free figure no matter if they returned her or not.

No kidding, I think Jitsu looks amazing and the free figure is an absolutely unexpected surprise.

What does this even mean???

LOL, no kidding I just don't get it?
    [scratches head]... so were you just trying to start up an old argument?

As I said after all the posts you linked... I was told information I did not know an withdrew my argument completely.

Give an old guy time to fix his kids dinner an then go back delete his posts after he eats... lol.

Dont get me all riled up again... I will turn Hulk loose on ya... [as you can see... he likes hurting ppl]... lol.. just watch, he can go all day at that... [grabs popcorn an sits down to watch]... Yup, that boy loves his work... HAHA
    Last edited by Replikor; December 6, 2012 at 08:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Either way.. wait until International customers get nailed by customs charges for the extra toys..
    The free figure should be declared with a ZERO value as the buyer has not paid for it, so no taxes should be due on it.

As for the griping, I just don't get it! Your getting a free figure worth $20! It might even be a 2012 figure they have too few units left for a Matty sale on! At the end of the day folks could have sent Frosta back for a full refund, so it's not like your out of pocket...

and the free item was NEVER gonna be something new Do folks know how much the figures cost to tool and produce! Mattel or any sane business is not gonna put that kinda $$$ into a free gift! I can be one of Matty's biggest critics, but I think this is a very good gesture on their part.
    Last edited by blackiecats; December 6, 2012 at 09:06pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Alright, everyone jump off the Judgemental Train right now please. Choo Choo. This is the last stop before Infractionville.
    Seriously, though, we can all discuss this without name calling and judging others for their thoughts.

Thanks for keeping the conversation constructive and nice!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Alright, everyone jump off the Judgemental Train right now please. Choo Choo. This is the last stop before Infractionville.
    Seriously, though, we can all discuss this without name calling and judging others for their thoughts.

Thanks for keeping the conversation constructive and nice!
    Judgement train... not seen that one yet... I seen the Pain truck tho...

...hmm, if ya zoom in you can see these too jokers drivin...

...it usually drives over all of us "right before" that AM alarm goes goes off every morning... like you always say to yourself... "MAN! I feel like I was hit by a truck last night...".
    Now you know why... lol.

[And for those of you who miss this old flash video series]
    Last edited by Replikor; December 6, 2012 at 08:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I am just thrilled! We got NOTHING for King Hsss, Roboto, Stinkor, black plastic/paint chipping, etc. so I am very surprised and delighted that they are doing anything at all
    Considering Frosta turned out a complete mess, it's the least they could do. Everyone (who isn't in denial) knows it's not just the arms that are messed up!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    You have to think they all can't be the same figure, right? What one figure does Matty have laying around they can fill every subscription with. It would have to be a grab bag kind of thing.

As soon as the figs start arriving, and some people get Fisto, while others get Hurricane Hordak- I can see the torches going up.

So, here is what is blowing my mind about the complaints - People haven't read the email. The email states that they weren't sure they'd be able to send out the gift before 2013 - implying that they had to PRODUCE the gift. Also, nowhere in the email does it say that they are sending a figure that we might already have - only that we won't know who we're getting till it arrives. And that it's a basic figure, meaning not a large scale or beast or double-pack.

So, I might be waaaay off, but I don't think it's unreasonable to hold out hope that we'll be getting something NEW. Also, it's a thank-you to sub-holders, as described in the email - which means Matty is aware that you have everything from the 2012 sub - So unless they actually do send us repeats of 2012 figs, I'm gonna also say it's reasonable to hope they aren't going to do that.

I have a sneaking suspicion, and call me crazy, but what if it's Oo-lar! Y'know, barefoot He-Man? "How do we justify selling this guy? We don't! We send him as a limited free gift - which instantly ups the value of a barefoot repaint! I'm a genius...nay, a guru!"

And if that happens, I will be pretty stoked, and so will you!

If it's an older figure, and you're happy with that, good for you. But please don't go pretending it's the best news ever.

Now, fingers crossed they surprise us by giving us either something new or a duplicate figure we will actually find useful

I'll be super happy if I get Castle Grayskullman. He's the only figure I missed out on this year. He's the only figure available during Black Friday I don't have. He's probably not the one I'm getting. I own 6 He-Man, 3 Skeletor, 3 Hordak, and 3 She-Ra figures so I hope it's not an evergreen figure.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaMach View Post
    So, here is what is blowing my mind about the complaints - People haven't read the email. The email states that they weren't sure they'd be able to send out the gift before 2013 - implying that they had to PRODUCE the gift. Also, nowhere in the email does it say that they are sending a figure that we might already have - only that we won't know who we're getting till it arrives. And that it's a basic figure, meaning not a large scale or beast or double-pack.

So, I might be waaaay off, but I don't think it's unreasonable to hold out hope that we'll be getting something NEW. Also, it's a thank-you to sub-holders, as described in the email - which means Matty is aware that you have everything from the 2012 sub - So unless they actually do send us repeats of 2012 figs, I'm gonna also say it's reasonable to hope they aren't going to do that.
    I think you're reading way to much into the wording, but still your logic has greatly excited me. If what you're saying turns out to be true- I'm thinking it's Strobo.

Eh, whatever man....

I can see the neg and positive of this and oh well, free is free! I guess the idea of giving up the Rattlor armor would've had non-subscribers up in flames as well, cause they would've been locked out of getting this. And after the Shadowgate, it would make no profitable sense to lock out anyone from a new item or figure from the line when they can maximize a profit like putting the armor.... in a weapons pack???? (and with the prior statement, I am not saying it was ever stated it would be Rattlor's armor although the hope was for this...)

Like I said it's no thing for me I guess I can now dabble in the customizer realm and maybe if it's some worthy figures I will turn lemons into lemonade...
    6 FREE FIGURES ISN'T SO BAD!

What I would hope is for someone to possibly create a post in which we can possibly tally the characters we receive and maybe then we can cast stones after we see which ones are in the majority...
    Last edited by Nemisythe; December 6, 2012 at 09:19pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    You have to think they all can't be the same figure, right? What one figure does Matty have laying around they can fill every subscription with. It would have to be a grab bag kind of thing.

As soon as the figs start arriving, and some people get Fisto, while others get Hurricane Hordak- I can see the torches going up.
    Yeah, I think it will be a mix of figures in too low quantities for a Matty sale (Kobra Khan, Shadow Weaver, Horde Prime, Man-E-Faces, Whiplash, 30th figures etc...) with figures they have plenty of (King Hsss, Bubble Power She-Ra, Catra etc...) To supply all 2012 subs, it HAS to be a mixture of characters as it's very unlikely they have enough of one character to fill all 2012 subs.

and yes I expect the next complaints to be about what folks got. Some folks will be upset they got Spector, while others get Whiplash (or even Shadow Weaver! )

Actually I think Shadow Weaver is better placed in a future Mad Matty Pack, though it would technically STILL keep Shadow Weaver exclusive to 2012 subscribers I guess...

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Free figure huh? So that's how Matty plans to get rid of all those remaining Gygors from last year's BF/CM sale

I think it's pretty cool of Mattel to do. I wish I was getting a free figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaMach View Post

I think you're reading way to much into the wording, but still your logic has greatly excited me. If what you're saying turns out to be true- I'm thinking it's Strobo.
    If it was Strobo I would dance a jig.

I'm not expecting anything "new" though. But, hey, if it is I'll be pleasantly surprised!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

If anyone isn't satisfied with their free figure, I'll be happy to pm you my address and even pay for shipping. I don't have a sub, so i won't be getting a freebie from frosta, but I'LL be happy to have yours.

Court Magician
    You beat me to it. As soon as I read that other post, I thought the same thing.

This is brilliant. One of the things many of us dig is the chase and trade. It is the camaraderie that we have building our collections. We get to work together. This will be a boon to inspire more interactions and trading or customizing or using another head on a body or simply getting a gift for another.

Mattel gets a write off which helps MOTUC stay awhile longer. Frankly, anything the give us is pretty cool. Look at this through your younger self eyes and tell me that when you were a kid, if we got a free figure we would go ape. How great.

I was very pleased to get the e-mail today and I concur with Orbles, if you don't dig your fig, I will pay for the shipping and send it to me.

Cool beans.