Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Or if we got free Teela figures!
    Definitely hoping for this I'm relatively new to "teh lien" and need a couple of figures from the previous years.

I wouldn't mind if they send me a Stratos, Buzz-Off, Clawful, or dare I say a Webstor, Zodac, or Wundar.

Well, free IS free, and if it turns out to be a double of a figure I already have, at least I can keep it MOC

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    It’s glad to know that The Rock (WWF/E) is not a registered member on He-Man.org forums. If he is, he would have probably said............

The Rock : Finally, a FREE figure, has come back as an apology !

Org Members : Booooooooooo.......

The Rock : You guys don’t like a FREE figure ????

Org Members : Well, We.......

The Rock : It doesn’t matter if you like it or not !

Org Members : But....

The Rock : Well, if you don’t like the idea, The Rock Says This.........

Take your $22.00 worth free gift figure; hold it tightly.... because The Rock doesn’t want you to drop that offten. It’s a onetime deal by Mattel, so be careful ok ?? Then, shine it up real nice....... yeah baby, make it crystal clear ! Now comes the best part, turn that..............

WAIT.....

NO !

I can't go further !!!!

(Take it light guys.... just for FUN Ok ?)
    Last edited by TUC138; December 7, 2012 at 05:24am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

I'm really pleased to a get a free figure from Mattel.

Sure chances are that it'll be one I already have, but I have so many extra heads and accessories that I'm sure I can create something unique.
    And if it's a Teela or a Snake Man-at-Arms I'd be doubly pleased.

Of course, I'd be pleasently surprised if this turns out to be an original item, but I can't see it happening (even a repaint).

Great news on the figure, thanks Matty
    I honestly would have been happy with a repainted BP SR sword for Netossa but this is better in a way as if I don't want the figure I get I can sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    If it's a free figure it won't appear on the invoice hence shouldnt attract any additional customs charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The free figure should be declared with a ZERO value as the buyer has not paid for it, so no taxes should be due on it.
    I know this is how it should work but do you guys really think really it will? I can honestly see this being declared on the value and resulting in customs fees. Maybe we should trying a point this out to Matty before and so they can make DR aware of it?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    GI know this is how it should work but do you guys really think really it will? I can honestly see this being declared on the value and resulting in customs fees. Maybe we should trying a point this out to Matty before and so they can make DR aware of it?
    It'll be listed on the invoice as having $0 value so unless whoever writes out the custom labels at DR doesn't look at the invoice and instead decides to make up a value, there should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Great news on the figure, thanks Matty
    I honestly would have been happy with a repainted BP SR sword for Netossa but this is better in a way as if I don't want the figure I get I can sell it.

I know this is how it should work but do you guys really think really it will? I can honestly see this being declared on the value and resulting in customs fees. Maybe we should trying a point this out to Matty before and so they can make DR aware of it?
    Assuming the fig is shipped with our sub......... the Dec package is big enough to attract customs anyway so even if the free figs value is included and we get caught we will only be hit for the additional 20% of the value i.e. $4 (£2.50?). Its the admin charge that is the real sting. That's the way I see it. Whether the bigger package means it's more likely to attract HMRC attention? Who knows.

At worst we're getting a fig for £2.50
    Last edited by ADPriceless; December 7, 2012 at 06:43am.

Haven't read all the replies but:
    1) Love the figure gift. I just hope it is one per subscription.
    2) I'm hoping it is the CS Stock of the Subscription Figures. There has to be some of that for mailing errors and they really shouldn't sell it. This would be the best way to "dump" it. It would feel like winning the lottery!! Come on Shadow Weaver...
    3) If you hate the idea of a free figure so much. PM me. I'll take it off your hands. Please PM me. I have nieces and nephews that I have hooked on He-man and Thundercats and free figures are a great way to give them He-man toys.
    4) Some peoples reactions continue to add proof to my theory that if you gave 100 people $1 million that 5-10 would complain about it.

Three words: Thank you Matty!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad to see most of us have come together and shown appreciation of getting a free figure.

I really thought teh lien was doomed seeing as how some refuse to be pleased no matter what. I'm not trying to be judgemental, but IMO that attitude is what will ultimately kill it for all of us.

Browsing thru this thread, I can't believe how ungrateful some members here are. A FREE FIGURE for a simple mistake! That is an incredible gesture on their part! And yet here we have people actually complaining that it's not fair (fr non subscribers) and the like. Yeesh!

And I think anyone holding out hope for a Shadow Weaver is going to be reeeeeeally disappointed.
    Last edited by Shokoti's Slave; December 7, 2012 at 07:39am.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    IF you don't like the FREE figure then sell it or trade it! It's a very simple soltution to getting something for free.
    I love your "glass is half full view" but it's not free. It's compensation for 4 badly-assembled Frosta figures I had to cough up $80 for. No one won these guys. Yes it's a step in the right direction, but let's not lose perspective and objectivity in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Browsing thru this thread, I can't believe how ungrateful some members here are. A FREE FIGURE for a simple mistake! That is an incredible gesture on their part! And yet here we have people actually complaining that it's not fair (fr non subscribers) and the like. Yeesh!

And I think anyone holding out hope for a Shadow Weaver is going to be reeeeeeally disappointed.
    That's not incredible when they have been counseled on a multitude of occasions about part-swapping. Roll your darn eyes all you like, but I have multiple subs as it is. I am not potentially looking forward to toy numbers 5, 6, 7, and 8 of a given character (if Mad Matty Monday is any indication).

At the risk of digressing, I do love the line, too. But I grow tired of the lack of oversight on toys we are one getting one shot at. The pressure needs to stay on them. Sorry, but you can't expect the line to be better if you don't speak up.

While you don't share other's opinions on the matter, I feel for those who think that this is Matty's way of dumping unwanted stock under the guise of an olive branch. I completely get they feel cheated. I don't feel considered or special as a sub holder if that's the route they took. I will reserve judgement until the toys arrive and I pray I am wrong. I never wanted to be wrong so badly and I hope I am. But they don't give me faith in anything, and that's their doing. Not mine, your's, or anybody else here.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; December 7, 2012 at 08:47am.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    aka we screwed up - here's a figure we couldnt sell to make up for it.
    So that's why Eternos Palace King Randor FINALLY sold out!!!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

This isn't just about one figure's arms, though. A lot of people lost faith in Matty this year so it's only right that they give us something to make up for a year's worth of problems. They need to win us all over again.

I mean, within the past 11-and-a-bit months we've had...

* Most figures delayed, some by several months
    * Some subscribers not getting their Fisto or Sorceress
    * Some Fearless Photog figures coming with a cracked lens
    * Frosta's grey parts, which should have been white (not to mention her hair being the wrong colour)
    * Stinkor's reversed forearms
    * Sloppy paintwork on many figures
    * The dreaded black plastic
    * Other figures coming with misassembled parts

I think it's only understandable that people are disappointed. At the very least they should be offering us a choice of which figure we want. I don't see why anyone should ever feel they have to be "grateful" to receive an item they don't have any use for!

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I agree!

It's more than a reasonable free item to give out. While the error with Frosta shouldn't have happened in the first place and a more preferable solution would have been for them to correct that figure in the first place.... if what we are getting instead is a free apology item, I'm not going to complain about a free figure!

As I said in a previous post, while I'm fully prepared to receive ANY random, previously released figure, I don't think that the possibility of Shadow Weaver or the other previous sub-exclusive figures (Wundar, Preteria He-Man) is completely out of the question. They typically produce a little extra stock that they hold for exchanges for customer service issues (lost figures, defective figures, etc). When Matty has sales, like the recent Black Friday/ Cyber Monday sales, most of that is old, left over customer service stock that they are unloading because enough time has passed that they can unload it.

Since the sub exclusive figures were never intended to be sold to the general public, they likely will never be part of these sales (there was only a very small handful of cases of people receiving Wun-Dar in one of those previous Mad-Matty sales where people got three random items not knowing what they would receive).

But since the free figure in this case is only getting sent out to sub holders, I could easily see this being a great way to unload any leftover customer service stock of previous sub exclusive figures. It would be cool if that were the case. I honestly wouldn't mind another Shadow Weaver or even Preternia He-Man (I don't care much for the figure, but would like an extra Cosmic Key). I'm not saying that this will definitely happen, and even if it does it's possible that these figures might simply be amongst a much larger random mix of figures that get sent out, so one person may receive a Shadow Weaver and another may receive Chief Carnivus.

At any rate, I'm not complaining. An extra figure is an extra figure. I'm sure I can find some use for it even though I'm caught up with everything.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, the free figure has got to be better than my previous best Christmas gift ever...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    I would have been perfectly happy with a couple repainted accessories for Frosta.. rather than a figure I already own.
    This is how I would feel if I still had a sub; I really would have preferred a repainted accessory over a figure I already have. I'm sorry, I'm in the camp that says this is a cheesy apology. "We're sorry we screwed up another figure after all our assurances we were watching out for this stuff now, so instead of making something you don't have, we'll send you a figure we can't sell." And I can almost guarantee it won't be a regular He-Man or Skeletor, which they want to keep in stock for the evergreen option, or any other figure they believe will sell well during a Mad Matty sale.

I really thought Mattel would be trying to mend some fences here, but this seems a poor way to do so after the way it was presented to us to begin with.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I can see the huge outcry from non-subscribers if Mattel really would've sent all subscribers an exclusive useful accessory like a repainted She-Ra sword. Some fan's expectations were very exaggerated and unrealistic in terms of what we'd get, IMO.
    I'm perfectly fine with the free figure. I don't even care what it's gonna be, cause if I really don't have any use to the figure, I still can sell it, use it as a gift for a fellow fan, or put it into a raffle for next year's PlanetEternia Christmas calendar raffles. Heck, it's a free figure, that's more than we ever got for any screwup.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Guys, though I understand it coming up, and I don't know how serious you are or if you're making a point - please be sure to keep all trade/buy/sell offers in the Marketplace. Thanks!

As long as it is a Shadow Weaver...if not...bleh.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Cool for you guys! Looking forward to seeing the new figures all over the marketplace!

I think this is VERY cool and fun, plus, as far as Matty giving us the 'chore' of giving us their unsold stock, I say that's cool cuz them clearing out storage space saves them money and that's better for the line.

And if I don't like my figure I'll sell it, and even if I can only get $5 for it, that's 100% pure profit.

And yeah, an accessory might have been cool, but it would only be cool to the people who liked it. I know a lot of people wanted the 200X Rattlor armor, but I don't so if we got that I'd still be in the position of needing to sell the free gift, but at least with the figure I have a chance of getting something I'll like.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    My question is....Will it be 1 figure per customer or 1 figure per subscription?
    I don't think Matty sees non-subbers as 'customers'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    Thanks Matty..i think its pretty cool... !! funny how folks can always gripe even if they are getting something for free
    How about the subscribers that never received their Fisto? Don't they have a right to gripe?

Snappy Threader
    So much anger. I don't understand why, though I respect your feelings and opinions both for and against. I think we all expected a sticker sheet or a small trinket or maybe even Orko (like Slimer)...but as posters before me here have stated, if they sent a weapon or armor, it would only cast a rift between subbers and non-subbers. If they did an exclusive figure that not everyone could have the opportunity to get...same thing. I know people will be upset if they get duplicates or especially if they get figs they just ordered on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.......but whichever ones I get, if it is a duplicate it will be the newest character in the group by means of customization. It's just another case of "you can't please all the people all the time". I for one am extremely happy with this free figure gift. One of my best buds is 100% against it. But guess what? We are still best buds. Who would have thought that right?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    It’s glad to know that The Rock (WWF/E) is not a registered member on He-Man.org forums. If he is, he would have probably said............

The Rock : Finally, a FREE figure, has come back as an apology !

Org Members : Booooooooooo.......

The Rock : You guys don’t like a FREE figure ????

Org Members : Well, We.......

The Rock : It doesn’t matter if you like it or not !

Org Members : But....

The Rock : Well, if you don’t like the idea, The Rock Says This.........

Take your $22.00 worth free gift figure; hold it tightly.... because The Rock doesn’t want you to drop that offten. It’s a onetime deal by Mattel, so be careful ok ?? Then, shine it up real nice....... yeah baby, make it crystal clear ! Now comes the best part, turn that..............

WAIT.....

NO !

I can't go further !!!!

(Take it light guys.... just for FUN Ok ?)

Well done!

EDIT

I think it's a really nice gesture on Mattel's part to give us a free figure. Even if it's just left over stock, it's still a nice gesture.
    Last edited by Ntumbuluku; December 7, 2012 at 01:17pm.

So, if it's a "new" figure people will rage? I don't know about that, especially if the figure is eventually available for purchase.

I'm cool with whatever. Maybe I'll finally get that Roboto I've been hunting for!