Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Matty must be really desperate to clear out of their older stock, if they've decided to give away well over one myriad figures!

OTOH, the "apology" should be given either to no-one, or to everyone who purchased a Frosta (sub or non-sub, including those that got her DoS), because:

a) She is a defectively manufactured figure (reversed forearms), no matter how one purchased her (my DoS Frosta is as defective as any susbscriber's Frosta).

b) Matty gave no real choice to DoS customers, since not purchasing the defective version because it was defective, meant ending up Frosta-less (as TG clearly and repeatedly warned: "This defective Frosta is your one-and-only Frosta, take her or be Frosta-less").

c) Many DoS customers weren't aware of her manufacturing defect at the time of purchase (since Matty didn't place a warning about it on their sale page, and they can't require every potential customer to be reading third party websites or to have been at Power Con).

Also, I'll be rather upset if the figures given away to subscribers (who were likely already around when most figures came out or were reissued) end up being those characters in relatively high demand (such as Teela, Scare Glow, vintage King Randor, Roboto, Optikk, He-Ro, Whiplash, Zodac...) that Matty chose not to make available to newcomer customers during the BF/CM sale. That would be a big slap in the face of those trying to catch up, many of whom may have already given Matty as much or even more money than older customers. I myself wasn't around the previous years, so I don't have a 2012 sub, but since this year's Mad Matty March Sale I have already purchased well over $3,000 worth of items from their store, including every monthly offering (just as if I had a sub, but at higher prices), to gather an almost complete collection (as of now, only lacking 10 regular figures—guess which!—, 2 sub exclusives, 2 beasts and 2 weapons packs), and including lots of doubles (such as two Wind Raiders—and for some figures, triples, quadruples, and even sextuples!). Whereas many customers that have been around since the line began have yet to spend half as much (according to what people themselves stated not long ago in a thread about how much money they had spent on MotUC).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

To be fair subscribers have no option with what they get. They were allowed to return this figure though, at loss of shipping which might be the real reason few returned her. I would be curious how many are complaining about the free gift got a Frosta that was assembled correctly but are just upset that they aren't getting free what they wanted.

Without a sub we became regular retail fodder. Retail lines have stuff like this all the time, and they may or may not also send out a corrected figure. And the only way you may know before purchase is seeing it in person. In a possible way we benefit also, as long as those who don't want their free figures don't charge too much for what they get in trying to sell the stuff. Sadly I see many still trying to get full price for some of the less desired figures. USPS priority shipping is ~7 bucks for these guys and you can charge the person 5 bucks on top of that and it's still more than what you had before .
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    My guess is that this is a way to clear out the 30th anniversary figures. SN seemed fairly determined to make them a 2012 only thing and this would achieve that end. Throw in some exclusives and random cs stock and these free gifts will stir up a buzz to rival the early days.

Imagine if we all get Spectors lol! It will be Scott's ultimate attempt at forcing himself into everyone's MOTU collection.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Imagine if we all get Spectors lol! It will be Scott's ultimate attempt at forcing himself into everyone's MOTU collection.
    Nah, that was the palace guards. It would be cool by me, the only 30th figure I got was draego man, would prefer it to pop, na or any of the essentials. Either way it's free and I can always re-gift it to my nephews/niece. The 2012 sub has really come through for me.

I would actually be stoked to get a Spector, in fact that is the one figure I am hoping for the most. I need him to make a UK custom Horde Prime. I am willing to bet a majority of the figures will be 30th Ann. figures and then this would also be the perfect way to get rid of any of the sub exclusive figures, since they are only going to sub holders. Then as others have said, all the limited stock that they didnt have enough to warrant selling online. I get 2 figures, so I am excited to see what they are. The only real stinker for me would be a Photog. I cant think of any way to use him for a custom or anything. I am hoping we can all get together and set up a trade thread to swap figures when we get them, if you get one that you dont want. It would be fun and a way to make more people happy.

This free gift makes me feel like I've been locked out of heaven.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Oh, you were locked out well before this free gift was decided upon....

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post

Also, I'll be rather upset if the figures given away to subscribers (who were likely already around when most figures came out or were reissued) end up being those characters in relatively high demand (such as Teela, Scare Glow, vintage King Randor, Roboto, Optikk, He-Ro, Whiplash, Zodac...) that Matty chose not to make available to newcomer customers during the BF/CM sale. That would be a big slap in the face of those trying to catch up, many of whom may have already given Matty as much or even more money than older customers. I myself wasn't around the previous years, so I don't have a 2012 sub, but since this year's Mad Matty March Sale I have already purchased well over $3,000 worth of items from their store, including every monthly offering (just as if I had a sub, but at higher prices), to gather an almost complete collection (as of now, only lacking 10 regular figures—guess which!—, 2 sub exclusives, 2 beasts and 2 weapons packs), and including lots of doubles (such as two Wind Raiders—and for some figures, triples, quadruples, and even sextuples!). Whereas many customers that have been around since the line began have yet to spend half as much (according to what people themselves stated not long ago in a thread about how much money they had spent on MotUC).
    I'm in the boat of fans that need plenty of that list of characters, but Matty said somewhere recently, that any stock they had left of those figures didn't justify putting them up for sale. So either there isn't enough of them for sub holders, or if you combine them all, you might just cover the subs. I wouldn't be opposed to any of them as my gift. I def see your point, but if they can't sell them, this sounds like the best option. Also, Matty said that the free gift would NOT be any 2012 figures, so it won't be 30th figures either.

Is anyone going to start a thread for people to post which figure they got as their gift?

- - - Updated - - -

Quotes from Matty...

"All 2012 sub holders will get one gift per subscription."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/5601092297

"There is no way to guarantee what you will get and it is "possible" to get 5 of the same characters if you have 5 subs. We can't promise any combination."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/3401023297

"There won't be any 2012 figures in the gift allocation."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/3711013297

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This free gift makes me feel like I've been locked out of heaven.
    That place is overrated anyways.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Loving that we are getting a free figure, and really hoping it'll be a He-Man, Tri-Klops or Mo-Larr

A Palace Guard or Snake man would be cool as well.

Before Black Friday, I would have also liked a Spector or Snout Spout, but bought them

Of course, the ultimate dream would be that they put the toys r us repaints in a standard blister!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I'm in the boat of fans that need plenty of that list of characters, but Matty said somewhere recently, that any stock they had left of those figures didn't justify putting them up for sale. So either there isn't enough of them for sub holders, or if you combine them all, you might just cover the subs. I wouldn't be opposed to any of them as my gift. I def see your point, but if they can't sell them, this sounds like the best option. Also, Matty said that the free gift would NOT be any 2012 figures, so it won't be 30th figures either.

Is anyone going to start a thread for people to post which figure they got as their gift?

- - - Updated - - -

Quotes from Matty...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5601092297

"There is no way to guarantee what you will get and it is "possible" to get 5 of the same characters if you have 5 subs. We can't promise any combination."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3401023297

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3711013297
    There is enough complaining when figures sell out in minutes, those would sell out in seconds with people looping for 15 minutes. This is an easy way to get the product out. What my thinking is, not all subscribers will get those names of figures but a fairly good chunk will. Others who don't will have leftovers from the BF/CM sales this past year. This would make sense with the doubles statement. I would be highly surprised someone ends up with say two Teelas.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    There is enough complaining when figures sell out in minutes, those would sell out in seconds with people looping for 15 minutes. This is an easy way to get the product out.
    It's an easy way for Mattel to get the product out... but not into the hands of those that most need and demand that product. 2012 subscribers were already around last year (otherwise they couldn't have bought a 2012 subscription), and thus, likely got their Teela, Scare Glow, Whiplash or Roboto during last year's BF/CM sale (or when those figures first came out). Those who just came into the line this year, haven't had much chance to get them without paying through the nose for them on evilBay. If Matty gives away their remaining stock of those figures to the people who least need them, while at the same time preventing the newcomers from having a fair chance at getting them, that's a big painful slap in the face of the newer customers and yet another reason for prospective customers to be deterred from starting to collect this line—which in the end deeply hurts the line's long-term viability (since new customers are badly needed to take the place of the droves of older customers leaving the line).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Loving that we are getting a free figure, and really hoping it'll be a He-Man, Tri-Klops or Mo-Larr

A Palace Guard or Snake man would be cool as well.

Before Black Friday, I would have also liked a Spector or Snout Spout, but bought them

Of course, the ultimate dream would be that they put the toys r us repaints in a standard blister!
    I don't think it will be a two-pack like the palace guards. I believe it is limited to one single-carded classics figure.

Also, I don't think He-Man and Skeletor will be included either since they are always available as Matty's essentials...

And although the 2012 lineup is not in, there have been plenty of great figures that I personally wouldn't mind having as an extra. (BA He-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Keldor, Roboto, Catra, Sy-Klone, Clawful, etc..)

Really, an entire figure -free of charge- for a mistake that was too late for Mattel to correct, is an awesome gift. I thank you Mattel.

I am excited to find out all the figures that people are getting! That is going to be a fun thread!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's an easy way for Mattel to get the product out... but not into the hands of those that most need and demand that product. 2012 subscribers were already around last year (otherwise they couldn't have bought a 2012 subscription), and thus, likely got their Teela, Scare Glow, Whiplash or Roboto during last year's BF/CM sale (or when those figures first came out). Those who just came into the line this year, haven't had much chance to get them without paying through the nose for them on evilBay. If Matty gives away their remaining stock of those figures to the people who least need them, while at the same time preventing the newcomers from having a fair chance at getting them, that's a big painful slap in the face of the newer customers and yet another reason for prospective customers to be deterred from starting to collect this line—which in the end deeply hurts the line's long-term viability (since new customers are badly needed to take the place of the droves of older customers leaving the line).
    So you are opposed to a loyalty reward that rewards the most loyal? I have all those figures you mention... I even got maa, teela and scareglow from an Aussie collector just before black Friday last year. During bf/cm the sale was so random that it was very hard for most people to get great deals without unflinching dedication. I got another couple of maa, keldor, faker... Etc.
    But when I got into motuc around 8 figures in there were no reissues, the aftermarket was huge, no essentials, no certainty, no subs... You have it really easy now.

How else would you propose that they get rid of figures of that nature? Let's say they literally have 100 Teelas in the warehouse. It's already been stated then when quantities are that low they they can't have a sale on that item because it jams the system as it can't adjust the quantities left fast enough.

Ok...Let's do it another way......

So let's say that the system *could* keep up with it some how, what would be the point as she LITERALLY wouldn't even last 1 second.

The only way to clear stock that low would be to release it in manner such as this or another blind method like a Matty Pack. A sale isn't feasible.

#2...."New Fish" for the line is at such a low % that it isn't even worth talking about. You gotta remember we're what 4 years in to this?...We have NO viable new current media to support it and chances are HIGH that if you haven't either heard about the line or jumped in by now you won't.

Again....not to say that "new" people aren't coming every now and then, but to say that it's enough to make any sort of a real impact is fools gold.

The line and its support is what it is at this point.....
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; December 9, 2012 at 02:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quotes from Matty...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5601092297

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3401023297

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3711013297
    I wouldn't mind another King Grayskull or a Webstor or Man At arms even the original teela or evil-lyn would be welcome.

You are also assuming they won't turn the figure over, and the fact the figures are free to them any money they make is profit and going to help out a fellow collector (in most cases). I started collecting in August and I have all but one figure I want. I could have saved money if I had known some of those figures were going to show up on the BF/CM sales also.

A Westor would be nice...just hope it isn't one the of the figures I bought on Cyber Monday. Still waiting for my free Glow in the Dark Slimmer for them canceling the Ecto Club membership.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I'm very happy with the news! Considering I'm not keeping any of my 3 sub Frostas anyway, the arm thing never bothered me in the slightest. But I will be getting 3 free figures for something I didn't even care about in the first place? Score!!!

Dreading getting my December sub knowing it will have Mosquitor, Procrustus, and a free mystery figure

I'm actually kind of excited to see who I'm getting. The ONLY figure I don't have now from 2011 is Icarius, I would take one for free. I don't know I can make something out of it I'm sure. I used Mol-ar I got for free for Manda-lor armor from Vykron. I'll find use for it.

I mean I sold Star Sisters as I just hated them. If I don't really like it, I'll just sell it.

Hoping for a Roboto...love to have a Teela or Scare Glow To open for my loose collection. I know...I know that ain't happening.

I am hoping for a beast man.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I'm very happy with the news! Considering I'm not keeping any of my 3 sub Frostas anyway, the arm thing never bothered me in the slightest. But I will be getting 3 free figures for something I didn't even care about in the first place? Score!!!
    This is exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Hoping for a Roboto...love to have a Teela or Scare Glow To open for my loose collection. I know...I know that ain't happening.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Mattel may have 2,000 of one figure and just 20 of another, but since they are randomly sending out any single-carded figure produced before the 2012 run, there is always a chance you could end up with Teela, Scare Glow, or Roboto....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!