Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is exactly how I feel.

I wouldn't be so sure. Mattel may have 2,000 of one figure and just 20 of another, but since they are randomly sending out any single-carded figure produced before the 2012 run, there is always a chance you could end up with Teela, Scare Glow, or Roboto....
    It could also be Flakey Gold Hordak or Exploding Torso Goddess figure...but I hope some folks end up getting Teela, Roboto, Wundar or Pre-ternia He-man... I don't really care because I will certainly be positing on the B/S/T thread so its like $20 in my pocket anyway you look at it.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. Mattel may have 2,000 of one figure and just 20 of another, but since they are randomly sending out any single-carded figure produced before the 2012 run, there is always a chance you could end up with Teela, Scare Glow, or Roboto....
    Hope you're right! A friend of mine asked me to pick up a Teela for him WAY back when she was released, and I said I'd pick one up when she was reissued...but yeah, that never happened. If I get a second it would be a super easy Christmas present!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd gladly take a pre-2012 figure even if it ends up being something I already own.

Unless it's Buzz-Off.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Hope you're right! A friend of mine asked me to pick up a Teela for him WAY back when she was released, and I said I'd pick one up when she was reissued...but yeah, that never happened. If I get a second it would be a super easy Christmas present!
    I doubt this will happen but I love the idea. As doubtful as I am it would be awesome if Teela was one of the free figs!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I doubt this will happen but I love the idea. As doubtful as I am it would be awesome if Teela was one of the free figs!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Quotes from Matty...

"All 2012 sub holders will get one gift per subscription."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5601092297

"There is no way to guarantee what you will get and it is "possible" to get 5 of the same characters if you have 5 subs. We can't promise any combination."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3401023297

"There won't be any 2012 figures in the gift allocation."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3711013297
    Thanks for sharing this. I'm not a sub holder but it's good to know because while I won't be getting a free figure, I do have a B/S/T thread!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

If it's not old stock figures I will hold my breath for original toy color repaint of Man-E-Faces

Plus I love how the e-mail from DR's system to us shows the PHP code instead of our name....*sigh*

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Holy cataracts! I'm seeing double, H-dak! 4 of your replies to Alexx!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

So on my renewal email it said

Y3184S Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Mo 1 $20.00
    W8892 Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Ov 1 $40.00
    MOTU123 Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Bo 1 $0.00

I'm thinking my free gift is Bow, because of the Bo?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    So on my renewal email it said

Y3184S Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Mo 1 $20.00
    W8892 Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Ov 1 $40.00
    MOTU123 Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Bo 1 $0.00

I'm thinking my free gift is Bow, because of the Bo?

-Monthly
    -Oversized
    -Bonus

Confirmed prior post on my email

Product Name Qty Ordered Amount Discount
    Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Mosquitor Figure 2 $40.00
    Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Oversized: Procrustus Figure 2 $80.00
    Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Bonus Figure 2 $0.00

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post

-Monthly
    -Oversized
    -Bonus
    ahaha...I was think MO as in Mosquitor and BO for Bow. Thanks.

You know, I went from mildly irritated/amused at the idea that our bonus was an old figure, to somewhat excited at the possibility of receiving some good custom or trade fodder, to now being completely excite about it.

All of my MOTUC figs (besides Oct and Nov) are currently in storage while I'm in DC for 9 months of job training. Scott said the figures are from pre-2012, so no chance of me getting an extra Oct, Nov or Dec figure...so basically, it'll be like an old friend popping in to say hello!
    Last edited by bamf1980; December 12, 2012 at 05:01pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    You know, I went from mildly irritated/amused at the idea that our bonus was an old figure, to somewhat excited at the possibility of receiving some good custom or trade fodder, to now being completely excite about it.

All of my MOTUC figs (besides Oct and Nov) are currently in storage while I'm in DC for 9 months of job training. Scott said the figures are from pre-2012, so no chance of me getting an extra Oct, Nov or Dec figure...so basically, it'll be like an old friend popping in to say hello!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be irritated if I get another Trap Jaw. I went back and forth about getting him (for a Kronis to display) during the BF/CM sale and eventually bit the bullet because of the discount.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    This year was the first year I got a sub so I missed out on a lot of older figures. That being the case, almost anything I get is a strong chance of filling an empty slot. And I never opened my figure so this whole screwy arms thing was an issue I had no complaint about. I'll gladly take anything they give me, I'm happy for a free figure because honestly they're in charge, Mattel could just as easily said "get bent" and would be within their rights to do so. The fact is that you were promised a Frosta figure and you got it, so the terms were met and their obligation to you ends there.
    By acknowledging there was a problem the company did in fact go above and beyond what they're obligated to do. So to be compensated in anyway is something I personally thank them for, if you don't like that there was a human error that's your prerogative, but just know that the age of "the customer is always right" died years ago when the customer started abusing that principle left and right and expected to be treated like gods rather then simply people who chose to purchase whatever is being offered. Also keep in mind you get a free figure instead of the standard fallback of "pay the postage to send it back and we'll correct the problem in a few weeks and return it to you" so all in all this is a good solution for a quality control issue. Sorry if I got on the soapbox, and this wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just you get tired of seeing folks complain about every little thing from time to time and you gotta vent it like this ya know?

The free figure is Battle Armor Faker!! (I only wish LOL)
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I'll be irritated if I get another Trap Jaw. I went back and forth about getting him (for a Kronis to display) during the BF/CM sale and eventually bit the bullet because of the discount.
    Why would that irritate you? Trap Jaw is a decently sought after figure that would be great trade bait to get what you really want. So, That could be a WIN/Win situation.

Getting something you don't want could easily turn into getting something you really wanted.
    Last edited by darthdrew13; December 12, 2012 at 11:08pm. Reason: double entry in same post
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Wouldn't it be nice if it were Temple of Darkness Sorceress? I would like that alot because I missed her because I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS ON SALE!!! Grrr...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Holy cataracts! I'm seeing double, H-dak! 4 of your replies to Alexx!
    I love that ep.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if it were Temple of Darkness Sorceress? I would like that alot because I missed her because I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS ON SALE!!! Grrr...
    Same here, I was waiting for the December sale date!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

If anyone wants to trade if they get Bow or have an extra Frosta please let me know. My daughter is now addicted to my old She-ra DVDS and I got her BP She-ra, Catra, Adora, and Swift Wind for X-mas during the black Friday sale. I would trade whatever free bonus figure I got for one of those 2. I have subscribed since day one and have all the figures but now I have to buy duplicates for my 5 year old of any She-ra figures because she wants mine

Snappy Threader
    I'm excited as well, though I always have been. I can't wait for the reports to start rolling in.

Got my sub shipping notice this morning. Will be interested to see which bonus figure I get and what everyone else gets.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Got my sub shipping notice this morning. Will be interested to see which bonus figure I get and what everyone else gets.
    This--^ Blind pack in figures are fun, especially when they're free!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

maybe after they give some of this stock away they'll use what's left for mad matty monday!?!?!?
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    maybe after they give some of this stock away they'll use what's left for mad matty monday!?!?!?
    They're giving away something like 15,000-20,000 figures—there isn't likely to remain any stock of anything left for newcomers to buy at decent prices on later sales.

Mattel is using the "apology free gift" as an excuse to clear out their warehouse in a quick-and-dirty way before the year ends. If they genuinely wanted to apologize for the Frosta fiasco, the appropriate way would have been to re-run her and send the fixed version free of charge to every customer that got a defective one; not to get rid of unsold stock of older items by giving them to the people that most likely already own those items.

I've spent over $3,000 on Matty during this year, I'm still Teela-less, and I've received a defective Frosta that I paid $22 for. But I won't be getting any free Teela or Optikk or anything because I wasn't around when 2012 subscriptions were sold. Whereas scalpers that bought 10+ 2012 subscriptions and only paid $20 for their Frostas (and resold them even before they got them in the mail), may be getting free extras of highly-demanded older figures to resell them for a 100% profit at $100+ apiece.

Matty is rewarding scalpers, who care nothing about the brand itself and will leave in droves at the drop of a hat once the line become less profitable to resell, while giving a big middle finger to the real fans that just discovered the line and are spending untold amounts of money trying to catch up.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog