Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

I was not expecting a figure I think it's a nice gesture. Better that a random weapon or some such thing especially for a MOC collector. If you don't want the figure you might consider donating it to Toys For Tots. Thanks Mattel. And merry Christmas.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I am just thrilled! We got NOTHING for King Hsss, Roboto, Stinkor, black plastic/paint chipping, etc. so I am very surprised and delighted that they are doing anything at all

- - - Updated - - -

PLUS timing is perfect! I am glad it didn't get drawn out another year like GITD Slimer that we are still waiting on....
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ya, because I wanted the dang sub to have all the figures that would have come with the sub... again I get your argument, but mine still had reversed forearms. Thats my argument, I just think the gift should rightly go to [everyone] who got or purchased a frosta [sub or not as a proper appology for the factory screwup that the figure suffers from]... thats my argument. [sub holders would have had to manually correct their Frosta just as much as non sub holders... if they were a loose collector]

...an that was the 2013 sub your referring too that they both came out on video comments for...

The gift comes with the decemeber 2012 [now ending sub] which I was denied purchasing and insulted on the phone over.

When Mattel sold Frosta non sub, did they let people know that it was reversed? If not that's the only way I could see your side, but if you knew and still bought her that was your choice. Subs had no choice.

J

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    COME ONNNnnnnnn Wun-Dar!!!
    (no whammies, no whammies, STOP)
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

So each sub gets 1..then I shoukd get 2
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    A free figure for an error that I never in a million years would have noticed anyway? Thanks, Mattel!
    Amen!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    So each sub gets 1..then I shoukd get 2
    And hopefully that helps you fill in some figures you lost due to Sandy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    COME ONNNnnnnnn Wun-Dar!!!
    (no whammies, no whammies, STOP)
    I would be THRILLED with a Wun-Dar or Shadow Weaver. It would be a nice loop hole for them to get rid of old stock.

ya, because I wanted the dang sub to have all the figures that would have come with the sub... again I get your argument, but mine still had reversed forearms. Thats my argument, I just think the gift should rightly go to [everyone] who got or purchased a frosta [sub or not as a proper appology for the factory screwup that the figure suffers from]... thats my argument. [sub holders would have had to manually correct their Frosta just as much as non sub holders... if they were a loose collector
    Unfortunately, some fans don't understand the point of the "apology gift." The sub-holders were FORCED to buy a "defective" figure whether they wanted to or not. The day of buyers had the CHOICE to buy Frosta or not. The gift concept exists to compensate the sub-holders from buying something they might have chosen to opt out from. The day of buyers had the power to decide whether or not Frosta was that important to them. I'm sorry many disagree, but that is the cold hard truth.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Unfortunately, some fans don't understand the point of the "apology gift." The sub-holders were FORCED to buy a "defective" figure whether they wanted to or not. The day of buyers had the CHOICE to buy Frosta or not. The gift concept exists to compensate the sub-holders from buying something they might have chosen to opt out from. The day of buyers had the power to decide whether or not Frosta was that important to them. I'm sorry many disagree, but that is the cold hard truth.
    Very well said. It's not a slight against good folks like Replikor. Its meant entirely as an apology to subscribers forced to pay for defective figures.

A classy move by Mattel, and I'm quite happy with it no matter what is is.

Of course, since God has a sense of humour I will likely get Sir Laser Lot, my most hated figure of the entire line so far.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Come on Disco Skeletor.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Well this is cool! Most companies would just say nothing or blame it on the factory. Atleast Mattel is trying to take some responsibility for it's screw ups. I appreciate it even if others don't.

I am putting it out there now I'm still looking for an extra Man-At-Arms, Catra or Frosta. If I don't have a need for the figure I get, I would trade for one of those figures.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Again, I see the other side of the argument guys... I hear what your sayin clearly.

I just feel that everyone that got a frosta; as they all had reversed forearms; should get the appology item as the apology item was to make up for her arms being incorrectly assembled.

...sub holders getting the a free item didnt suddenly make every non sub frostas arms suddenly reverse an be fixed... all I am sayin.

Its just unfair to the other ppl who wanted frosta an had to buy her anyway to have [any kind] of frosta... as that was ;yet again; a crappy thing by mattel to do by saying.. we wont be remaking her... its buy her or smeg off.... just a dirty thing to do... then only offer the "manufacturing error" apology item to sub only frosta purchases.
    You didn't have to buy her. You knowingly did. It was your choice.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'm happy about this. I would have preferred an add on accessory or weapon for Frosta, but a figure is not a bad deal, even if we already have it (fingers crossed it's not SLL or TMS, lol). Give it to a friend or kid to get them into MOTU if you don't want it. Share the awesomeness of MOTUC!

Mattel is handing out free figures and people start complaining? This is just insane imo. What would you guys have liked Mattel to do instead? I am really curious to see what people expected..

ToyGuru, if you are reading this, I'll take a Photog, Preternia He-man, Wundar or Spector please..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

That is a Wonderful surprise. I can not wait to see who I get.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I don't understand where the anger of getting a free figure is coming from? The Frosta arms were not that big of a deal. I easily fixed mine in about 10 minutes. To get a free figure out of it I think is a pretty good compromise. Did we really expect Mattel to go into production on an exclusive item? I'll gladly take my FREE figure and either open it, give it to my son, customize it, use it for trade fodder, or sell it.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I don't understand where the anger of getting a free figure is coming from? The Frosta arms were not that big of a deal. I easily fixed mine in about 10 minutes. To get a free figure out of it I think is a pretty good compromise. Did we really expect Mattel to go into production on an exclusive item? I'll gladly take my FREE figure and either open it, give it to my son, customize it, use it for trade fodder, or sell it.
    I completely agree!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Warrior
    Free free free everybody wants something for free!

Well played Matty, you you get to dump a bunch of unwanted, overproduced stock, AND you get a big fat write off on the deal.

I think it's cool. Will have an extra body to use up some Vykron parts of an extra head (like Horde Prime's UK head). If it's female I can always use it to fix the Goddess. To me it's a win.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Did we really expect Mattel to go into production on an exclusive item?
    I don't mind donating/selling a duplicate figure so I'm good, but I did expect a repainted accessory, something pro-active on Mattel's part, similar to the GITD Slimer they made after cancelling the Ghostbusters subscription.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Honestly, 1 appology gift per [every] purchase of 1 frosta... as they screwed up on the arms.. yet only sub holders [who got to choose to keep her or not] get the gift... sorry guys.

Mattel's factory choice screws up on her, and only the sub ppl who [again got to choose after the fact if they wanted to keep her or to return her get the gift]... thats a crappy way to go to say your sorry to all ppl following the line.
    So...what you're saying is that because you knowingly purchased a figure that was assembled wrong, it's Mattel's job to award you for it?

If you went to the store and purchased something that said, "Assembled incorrectly, buyer beware"...you'd expect to get something for you purchasing a defective item?

Sub holders were required to purchase the figure. They didn't have an option. The only option for them NOT getting it was for the individual(s) to return the figures for a refund if they wanted to.

I hope you all get Disco Snout Spouts!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    And don't forget Mo-Larr and Gygor
    I would be stoked to get either of those for free, personally.

I'm guessing it'll be leftovers from Black Friday, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    I don't mind donating/selling a duplicate figure so I'm good, but I did expect a repainted accessory, something pro-active on Mattel's part, similar to the GITD Slimer they made after cancelling the Ghostbusters subscription.
    But from my understanding people are still waiting on the GITD Slimer. With the free figure shipping out with this months order it's over and done with. Also, with the GITD Slimer, that was for canceling an entire line people had committed to, not an almost overlooked mistake on a figure that can be easily fixed with a few minutes with a blow dryer. I think the free figure is a justified gift.
    View my collection and customs HERE!