Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 409

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

  1. #101
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,294
    Even though I'm not a subscriber, since this was an issue with a much-anticipated Frosta figure I was hoping Mattel would make the gift She-Ra related.

    Instead, they're handing out leftovers.

    You know, Mattel really doesn't have to send out anything for their Frosta screw-up, so it limits how deeply we can look into this gifthorse's mouth, but this is... lame.

    The subscribers will be getting an extra of something that we've already bought and Mattel gets the benefit of cleaning out old stock. It's like they're giving me the chore of selling it because they can't.

    Ah well, it's the thought that counts.
    LOL - this is probably the best way to describe it.

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,405
    While I am disappointed that it won't be something new (likely), I can't complain about getting a figure for free. I'm sure I will find a use for it.

    If I could get a leftover She-Ra, Whiplash, Roboto, Zodac, or Optikk I'd be a happy camper.

  3. #103
    The Undisputed Champion TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,610
    I gotta say.... its a GREAT move by Mattel ! I can't complain about this deal.

    Subbers get a figure for FREE & Mattel clears their old stocks without effort ! its a 50-50 win on both sides !


    BTW, DR screwed my Shadow Weaver, Sorceress & Fisto (all X 2) back in February. I was able to snap Fisto(s) & Sorceress(es) on eBay. So I hope I get Shadow Weavers as FREE GIFT !

    (Hey, I can dream right ?)
    Last edited by TUC138; December 6, 2012 at 03:19pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

  4. #104
    Widget
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Yup

    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    SECONDED!!!

    If you don't want your free figure please let me know and i'll gladely pay shipping and your gas to the post office.
    I third this and will do the same

  5. #105
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    YES sub holders were forced to buy an ship a defective frosta.
    BUT [ALL] sub holders were also offered a personal choice to return their Frosta if they didnt want to keep her!
    - so your having a sub means jack in the fairness of my argument.
    As in comparison to ppl who are compeltists; who clearly understood the bully tactic threat from mattel that "buy her or dont but we WONT MAKE HER EVER AGAIN..."; we of course wanted her anyway.
    So in comparison to the ppl who chose to keep her after getting her..
    ITS NO DIFFERENT AT ALL!

    We chose on day of sale to buy her defective because we had no choice if we wanted a frosta.
    Sub holders who choose to keep her after getting the option to return frosta makes it no different of a purchase than those who buy on day of sale because they wanted it also.... its NO different.

    So on that note... again I say mattel should offer 1 apology item to every buyer who purchased 1 frosta, regardless of in a sub or not!
    Replikor, you are missing the main point... The gift is NOT because Frosta's arms were messed up. This gift is because the subholders were forced to buy the product. You say that subholders had the option to return, but that is an inconvenience and a hassle to do so. The gift is to compensate subholders for the INCONVENIENCE of the whole situation. Day-Of buyers had full knowledge of what they were buying. Day-of buyers do not need to be compensated for the situation. Using your logic, Mattel should have just given away Frosta for free* to everyone. *Free meaning the figure cost being offset by the cost of the free figure gift.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  6. #106
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,274
    If you bought Frosta on the day of sale, you knew what you were getting into. Mattel has no control over your completionist tendencies and doesn't owe you anything for collecting that way.

    This is definitely not a new figure as we just found out about the reversed forearms this summer. There's no way they would have time to get a new figure produced in less than 6 months.

    I think this is a nice gesture from Mattel. It helps them get rid of overstock and it should appease most subholders I would think.

  7. #107
    The Pale Emperor dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I hope you all get Disco Snout Spouts!

    I'd gladly take a Disco Snout Spout, at least it's a figure I don't have.

    When I saw the email, I thought it was going to say that the GITD Slimer was finally going to be shipping out.

    Count me among the people who would have preferred a repainted accessory or something "unique". Since I have every figure released, these freebies don't do much for me. Donating to Toys For Tots would be a good idea, but would they even accept MOTU figures, or are they too satanic?
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  8. #108
    Heroic Warrior Stratos*Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MS, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Ok, I am putting it out there. If you are so dissatisfied with the figure you get for FREE, then please PM me and I will pay for you to ship your unwanted figure to me. Seriously, with all the complaints so far, I expect to get a couple dozen responses. We shall see.
    UGH....you beat me to it!

    Serisouly...ya'll just let me know!!

    I'd be happy with it. You never can please everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So I guess I 4thed it!

    *******s...

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior lemure77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Logan WV
    Posts
    1,536
    OK..Free toy. Nice and Awesome of them Happy to trade whoever around or heck..might even open up to find one that I really want to display with the big green awesome next year. Point is..Free. No extra shipping, no extra anything. Thumbs up and rolling the dice now. Been a while since I looked forward to a shipment of a sub anyway
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

  10. #110
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,891
    For everyone unhappy with this and quitting teh lien, I'll gladly pay for shipping if you send me the free figure that you don't want. Let's see how many offers I get.

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior DrRampageo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rampageo Island (MA)
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Ok, I will make my point, because I dont "just want something free", I am trying to make a valid point here.


    YES sub holders were forced to buy an ship a defective frosta.

    BUT [ALL] sub holders were also offered a personal choice to return their Frosta if they didnt want to keep her!

    - so your having a sub means jack in the fairness of an argument.

    As in comparison to ppl who are compeltists; who clearly understood the bully tactic threat from mattel that "buy her or dont but we WONT MAKE HER EVER AGAIN..."; we of course wanted her anyway.
    So in comparison to the ppl who chose to keep her after getting her..
    ITS NO DIFFERENT AT ALL! As all sub holders had ot understand this an choose as well...

    Those of us who either out of bad luck, bad timing, or being a cherry pickor, on that day of sale had to choose to buy her defective if we wanted any kind of frosta.

    Sub holders who choose to keep her after getting the option to return frosta makes it no different of a purchase than those who buy on day of sale because they wanted it also.... its NO different.

    So on that note... again I say mattel should offer 1 apology item to every buyer who purchased 1 frosta, regardless of in a sub or not!
    the point you are missing is that Sub Holders who refunded their figures will not be getting the gift (as far as I know) and that when you sign up for a sub you have no idea what you may be getting. Just because you missed the sub window ( I feel for you man) doesn't really mean that Mattel needs to send you a free a gift for buying something was CLEARLY marked as being defective. Sub Holders keep this line going (according to Mattel) and they SHOULD be rewarded for supporting the line so rabidly. Did you sub this year?

    Also I am very excited to see what this free figure is...the only ones I hope its not is Cy-chops or photog....if its a double of a figure I already have it will make good custom fodder...heres hoping its GITD Orko with Faker prince Adam
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

  12. #112
    The Undisputed Champion TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For everyone unhappy with this and quitting teh lien, I'll gladly pay for shipping if you send me the free figure that you don't want. Let's see how many offers I get.


    I want PM's from those who bought 99+ subs !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

  13. #113
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For everyone unhappy with this and quitting teh lien, I'll gladly pay for shipping if you send me the free figure that you don't want. Let's see how many offers I get.
    You won't get any... People are just venting because the "gift" isn't what some people were hoping for.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I want PM's from those who bought 99+ subs !
    I know! Congrats to BBTS... Here comes some extra stock for your store.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    the point you are missing is that Sub Holders who refunded their figures will not be getting the gift (as far as I know) and that when you sign up for a sub you have no idea what you may be getting. Just because you missed the sub window ( I feel for you man) doesn't really mean that Mattel needs to send you a free a gift for buying something was CLEARLY marked as being defective. Sub Holders keep this line going (according to Mattel) and they SHOULD be rewarded for supporting the line so rabidly. Did you sub this year?

    Also I am very excited to see what this free figure is...the only ones I hope its not is Cy-chops or photog....if its a double of a figure I already have it will make good custom fodder
    I was unaware of the fact that sub holders that DID return frosta wont be get the apology item. That was the entire basis of my argument, as that made it very fair.

    With this knowledge, I will happily withdraw my argument about it being unfair.

    An I do appreciate the info. I was unaware of that fact.

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Ok, I will make my point, because I dont "just want something free", I am trying to make a valid point here.


    YES sub holders were forced to buy an ship a defective frosta.

    BUT [ALL] sub holders were also offered a personal choice to return their Frosta if they didnt want to keep her!

    - so your having a sub means jack in the fairness of an argument.

    As in comparison to ppl who are compeltists; who clearly understood the bully tactic threat from mattel that "buy her or dont but we WONT MAKE HER EVER AGAIN..."; we of course wanted her anyway.
    So in comparison to the ppl who chose to keep her after getting her..
    ITS NO DIFFERENT AT ALL! As all sub holders had ot understand this an choose as well...

    Those of us who either out of bad luck, bad timing, or being a cherry pickor, on that day of sale had to choose to buy her defective if we wanted any kind of frosta.

    Sub holders who choose to keep her after getting the option to return frosta makes it no different of a purchase than those who buy on day of sale because they wanted it also.... its NO different.

    So on that note... again I say mattel should offer 1 apology item to every buyer who purchased 1 frosta, regardless of in a sub or not!
    If the Frosta issue was known prior to purchasing the sub...then I could see your point.
    When purchasing the sub, we got into a contract that stated we will receive X amount of product. One of those products became defective. Sending those figures back and refunding would mean that we only received X-1 product. Considering we already received X-1 as far as Non-defective figures goes...Mattel is giving a peace-offering.

    Purchasing the Day-of...you knew you were getting the defective figure and still made the conscious decision to purchase that figure. You were not in any kind of contract with them prior to making that purchase.

    Also, think of the resources it would take to do what you want.
    Right now, they can just flip a switch and ship the "gift" with the subscribers.
    You want them to go through and figure out who purchased Frosta individually, and then hope that they purchase on the December sale as well in order to ship together.

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    If the Frosta issue was known prior to purchasing the sub...then I could see your point.
    When purchasing the sub, we got into a contract that stated we will receive X amount of product. One of those products became defective. Sending those figures back and refunding would mean that we only received X-1 product. Considering we already received X-1 as far as Non-defective figures goes...Mattel is giving a peace-offering.

    Purchasing the Day-of...you knew you were getting the defective figure and still made the conscious decision to purchase that figure. You were not in any kind of contract with them prior to making that purchase.

    Also, think of the resources it would take to do what you want.
    Right now, they can just flip a switch and ship the "gift" with the subscribers.
    You want them to go through and figure out who purchased Frosta individually, and then hope that they purchase on the December sale as well in order to ship together.
    already withdrew my argument due to new info. lol

  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior DrRampageo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rampageo Island (MA)
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I was unaware of the fact that sub holders that DID return frosta wont be get the apology item. That was the entire basis of my argument, as that made it very fair.

    With this knowledge, I will happily withdraw my argument.

    An I do appreciate the info. I was unaware of that fact.
    No problem man...and I'm not trying to gang up on you or anything just saying...
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    No problem man...and I'm not trying to gang up on you or anything just saying...
    Oh no prob bud. I was completely unaware of that info. Nothin for you to apologize over, it was totally my bad!

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Oh no prob bud. I was completely unaware of that info. Totally my bad, nothin for you to apologize over!
    I hate to burst the hand shake bubble, but TG said all subscribers are getting the gift. The gift is compensation for the inconvenience of the whole situation. I will go find the information and report back.

    *EDIT*

    This is all I could find so far... I posted an Ask Matty thread to get a definite answer from Scott.

    Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    2012 sub holders will be getting a small gift. But it likely will not ship until 2013.

    If you are a sub holder and don't want Frosta you may return her for a refund. But keep in mind this is the only Frosta there is. So if you return her you will be Frosta-less. This does not apply to day -of sales since you know what you are getting.
    Last edited by Kowl; December 6, 2012 at 03:42pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  20. #120
    Heroic Warrior DrRampageo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rampageo Island (MA)
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I hate to burst the hand shake bubble, but TG said all subscribers are getting the gift. The gift is compensation for the inconvenience of the whole situation. I will go find the information and report back.
    I could very well be wrong, but I am pretty sure it was stated that people who got refunds would not be getting the gift
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

  21. #121
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,919
    I will take one FREE mysterious brown-haired She-Ra in a baggie.

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I hate to burst the hand shake bubble, but TG said all subscribers are getting the gift. The gift is compensation for the inconvenience of the whole situation. I will go find the information and report back.


    [facepalm]

    lol... NOOOOooo!!!


  23. #123
    The Pale Emperor dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I will take one FREE mysterious brown-haired She-Ra in a baggie.
    Wonder Bread is no longer in business, so what will we call her?
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior lemure77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Logan WV
    Posts
    1,536
    God bless the Avengers movie. A near perfect film Only thing that needed changing was that how Cap is dealing with modern ways should have been left in. I hope the whosoever got a refund shall not get the freebie is untrue
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

  25. #125
    Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I will take one FREE mysterious brown-haired She-Ra in a baggie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Wonder Bread is no longer in business, so what will we call her?
    Hostess She-ra? lol.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

    What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •