Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta gift is free figure, no choice [Remember - No B/S/T Outside Marketplace]

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I will take one FREE mysterious brown-haired She-Ra in a baggie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Wonder Bread is no longer in business, so what will we call her?
    Dime Bag She-Ra? Or Take My Breath Away She-Ra?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I fail to see an issue with this. A free figure is a free figure - they didnt have to do this. Well done Mattel
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Hostess She-ra? lol.
    Wonder Bread went under with Hostess. Little Debbie She-Ra maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Dime Bag She-Ra?
    Sold!!! At least to me and Count Marzo!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Wonder Bread went under with Hostess. Little Debbie She-Ra maybe?

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Take My Breath Away She-Ra?
    We have a winner. lol.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    already withdrew my argument due to new info. lol
    LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    PUNY GOD!

Heroic Warrior
    In order for them to propose a free figure ONLY NOW, after 4 years of constant blunders and QC issues, I guess things must look pretty grim !

Not that I'm surprised : the 2013 subs BARELY made it, and the recent issues are not what's gonna help for 2014. I'm not even sure that the pseudo promise to release a maximum of "fan-demanded figures" will weigh enough in the balance to save the subs sales, thus the line, in 2014.

Snappy Threader
    Well I think this is awesome. Even if it is old stock, still cool. If it's Hurricane Hordak...cool I don't have him. Well, pretty much if it is anyone, I'm real cool with it. It says a basic figure, so it won't be a 30TH Anny one, it won't be a subscriber only one, it won't be Fisto or a con exclusive........Maybe I will finally get my Tri-Klops. Or Whiplash. Heck I am missing a few, so either way either getting one I need or trading as friend Orbles mentioned, it's a win-win situation. I mean, even if you don't like it, ebay it or something. Great news I think.

I love the mystery of it all. We won't know what we're getting until it arrives. PERFECT for Christmas

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think it is really cool, even if I won't be getting anything as a non subscriber. Sorry Replikor, but I agree with what others are saying. I think it is a bit different for those who were subscribers as opposed to those of us who decided to get her anyway. Sure it sucks that there was a mistake at all, especially because it was "buy a messed up Frosta" or don't ever." But them's the breaks.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I love the mystery of it all. We won't know what we're getting until it arrives. PERFECT for Christmas
    I totally agree with this!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I think that a repainted Snake-man guard in a baggie would be awesome. Maybe a blue one that was chilled by Frosta herself. It's cool that we are getting a figure, but weird that we would get an extra figure of one that we already own (seeing that we are subscribers). Extra army builder figures would have been awesome.

By the way, I would take a brown haired She-ra in a heartbeat.

The are two reasons that there is any frustration about this announcement right now:

1) people are just assuming that the "basic figure" is going to be old stock. While that may be true, we don't know for sure.

2) Mattel should have been QUIET about details prior to this announcement. There were too many hints that this item might have been a "repaired item" or accessory.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The are two reasons that there is any frustration about this announcement right now:

1) people are just assuming that the "basic figure" is going to be old stock. While that may be true, we don't know for sure.

2) Mattel should have been QUIET about details prior to this announcement. There were too many hints that this item might have been a "repaired item" or accessory.
    Thanks Brian. I agree with both of your points. Let's settle down until we get our December shipments or have clarification.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Ya see, that gets my hopes up for a fixed roboto. I hand handle king hiss, I corrected both figures. But I just want the roboto we all thought we were getting. One with correct shoulders that I didn't have to cut through and prey the superglue doesn't give out over time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm not a sub-holder, but ordered Frosta anyway (mine came with correct forearms) , but even if I was a sub-holder and the opposite had happened to me I would be thrilled with a free sealed figure. Even if it's a double of something you have you can trade it, sell it to a new collector, customize it, or gift it to someone who doesn't know about MOTUC. I think this is an awesome classy move by Mattel. Don't get all the negative reaction over something free.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    But from my understanding people are still waiting on the GITD Slimer. With the free figure shipping out with this months order it's over and done with. Also, with the GITD Slimer, that was for canceling an entire line people had committed to, not an almost overlooked mistake on a figure that can be easily fixed with a few minutes with a blow dryer. I think the free figure is a justified gift.
    The free figure is perfectly fine, but some disappointment is stemming from some of Scott's early comments about what the free gift would be:

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Guru
    2012 sub holders will be getting a small gift. But it likely will not ship until 2013.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5851009877

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Guru
    We have a few concepts being coated out. Some are Frosta related, others not at all.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3981015187

For anyone following along, the implication was that it would be something unique and different. The timeframe would be similar to the GITD Slimer and design/engineering were working on costing something out. And, as is prone to happen, plans change and Mattel came up with this idea instead. Some folks are thinking it might be a new figure, but I tend to doubt it. The idea of "You won't know which one" really implies they're clearing out stock and sending each of us a duplicate, random figure.

We can take solace in that an entire free figure could be considered a better "Thank you" than whatever was being planned before, but we can also lament the loss of whatever that unique item might have been.
    Last edited by Daniel Lynch; December 6, 2012 at 03:33pm.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
    A classy move by Mattel, and I'm quite happy with it no matter what is is.

Of course, since God has a sense of humour I will likely get Sir Laser Lot, my most hated figure of the entire line so far.
    Actually, I really hope I GET another SLL --I had some ideas on customizing him.But, whatever it is , I will be happy either way-will make this months shipment even more exciting
    This will also help make up for the fact Ihave been waiting on Tod Sorceress since 1984,too
    Last edited by He-Kal; December 6, 2012 at 03:34pm.

Wow great news for you subbers!

I unfortunately, yet understandably, do not get one.

Even if you don't want it, sell it on the org. It's free so put it up for $15 plus shipping, it'll be gone in no time. Matty wins, subber wins, & who ever bought your unwanted figure wins.

BF/CM had a lot of figures left over. Only sellouts were Draego, TODS, Zodak, CGM, Marlena & Trappy. I'm excited for you guys!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Same here. Especially since Mattel was really great about replacing my cracked Roboto but the new one ended up growing some cracks of his own. I like the figure and I'd like to enjoy it more and he's not cheap if I want to take my chances on another. Shoulders & possible cracks have been fixed with Horde Prime and Cy-Chop, so development costs could be low.

In the event that we see some sort of fixed figure, as a Frosta apology or in some other form, I think Goddess might be the one we'd see since fans have been asking about her the longest. I hope for Roboto.

Awesome! I really hope for a figure I don't have! the Faceless One, Count Marzo, Vikor, or Carnivous would be very welcomed. Any other would be fine, I could hopefully trade it or sell it...maybe even use the buck for customs.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    And hopefully that helps you fill in some figures you lost due to Sandy

- - - Updated - - -

I would be THRILLED with a Wun-Dar or Shadow Weaver. It would be a nice loop hole for them to get rid of old stock.
    Oh, that would be simply awesome. Wouldn't mind a Wundar myself as I sold mine this year when I needed some quick emergency cash. Been regretting it since.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    The free figure is perfectly fine, but some disappointment is stemming from some of Scott's early comments about what the free gift would be:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5851009877

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3981015187

For anyone following along, the implication was that it would be something unique and different. The timeframe would be similar to the GITD Slimer and design/engineering were working on costing something out. And, as is prone to happen, plans change and Mattel came up with this idea instead. Some folks are thinking it might be a new figure, but I tend to doubt it. The idea of "You won't know which one" really implies they're clearing out stock and sending each of us a duplicate, random figure.

We can take solace in that an entire free figure could be considered a better "Thank you" than whatever was being planned before, but we can also lament the loss of whatever that unique item might have been.
    That is why I feel disappointed. This news means that one unique item that was looked into now will never see the light of day. I find that sad.
    I'm also not too keen on having to sell more unwanted figures on eBay
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I'm also not too keen on having to sell more unwanted figures on eBay
    You can always just give them to me.

Give it away for free.