Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you get your Free Figure From the Frosta Forearm Fiasco

I also got Merman.
    My nephew is getting some sweet figs for Christmas!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Damn, have not got mine yet but won't be happy when it's merman. As much as I love the figure, don't need another with the few I already have. Will try to gift it to someone I guess.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I hate that we can never truly know what figures Matty has at any given time. Obviously it had more Mer-Man figs left to be able to give them away...yet they won't put them on sale for people who need a Mer-Man for their collections. I guess as a general rule, never believe a word the company says about anything.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    We Club Eternia subscribers are the landfill and MOTUC Mer-Man figures are Mattel's E.T. Atari game.

Oh well, at least he's one of the best overall figures regardless if all of us already have multiples of him.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Oh well, at least he's one of the best overall figures regardless if all of us already have multiples of him.
    Well said. Mer-Man still remains as my favorite MOTUC figure. And he has some customization options too:

-Standard version will vintage head
    -Standard version with card-back head
    -Standard version with WP armor and vintage head
    -Standard version with WP armor and card-back head
    -TRU version with standard's vintage head (and a little bit of paint...)
    -TRU version with WP armor and standard's vintage head

Basically you can mix and match the armor/heads/weapons any way you want to create a mighty display of Mer-Men!!!

And this doesn't even count switching feet between the two versions.....
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Updated 12/18/12
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

I received my shipment last night. Two subscriptions, both Mermans.

Quote Originally Posted by XelaStratos View Post
    I received my shipment last night. Two subscriptions, both Mermans.
    Hmm...were those anomalies in Mer-Man mailer boxes?

nah, I figure he meant he had 2 subs and both bonus figs were the Mer
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    nah, I figure he meant he had 2 subs and both bonus figs were the Mer
    Oh I know...I meant the people that DIDN'T get Mer-Man...were THOSE figures in Mer-Man mailers?

It's also possible the anomaly is those who are posting have gotten Mer-man.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    My Mer-Man bonus figure (already counted in this thread) came in a blank white mailer.

It is too bad that a little more thought was not put into this process, as many have multiple subs and it would have been a better community builder and PR stunt to make them random. At this point most are disappointed there is no surprise and we cant really trade amongst each other as we are all getting MerMan, with the rare exception. I am not complaining about the free figure, just a lost opportunity on how it is being handled.

I can't help but wonder if this "bonus" figure stunt was just a tax right off for Mattel. That by giving us a figure for a previous "error" they can right off the expense of all those extra figures sitting around collecting dust.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Podcaster
    Now I'm thinking that while I HOPE to get MerMan because I always wanted a second to open and display with his cardback head (I'm a MOC collector), watch me get someone else. 99% MerMan and I'll get the Goddess or something. :P
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

add another Mer-man to the list, wish I did buy a 2nd one at last years mad matty sale. oh well free is free
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Everyone that is a regular here knows that SCB is ALWAYS joking or being sarcastic.
    Every once in a while he says something that is actually sincere, but it's hard to know for sure when those occasions are, so there are times where I am left scratching my head as to whether or not he is telling the truth on certain things.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Sorry, but I wish everyone would stop being so ungrateful. If you're not happy, give it away, or sell it. Mattel don't owe us anything. A $20 figure for free! - so what if you got another MerMan - could have got the Faceless One, arguably a figure with a lower resale value.
    It didn't even cost you anything to get it shipped. I wish some people would grow up a little bit!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Snappy Threader
    I don't think people are unhappy about it, I think they just wished for variety so they could make trades to fill gaps in their collection.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I don't think people are unhappy about it, I think they just wished for variety so they could make trades to fill gaps in their collection.
    I think people have been unhappy since the free figure announcement was made!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

There has been a lot of complaining on the part of some people... some didn't like the idea of getting a figure that they already have as a free gift... and I do think that some of the initial complaints in that regard were rather silly.

But I can kind of see the current complaints about the number of Mer-Man figures showing up. It's not that there's anything wrong with that particular figure. It's just that it would be nice to see a little bit more of a random variety going out. There would be a bit more of an element of surprise. I've been fully prepared to receive ANY figure in my order (which I have not received yet), whether it be one of my absolute favorites or one of the ones I like the least.... whether it be a figure that I only have one of, or one that I already have several of.

But it would be nice if there was more of an element of surprise and variety. It would also make it easier for those who want to trade or sell the figure that they get if they don't want it. It would also be better for people trying to play catch-up on the line who might be able to buy some of these figures off of subscribers for a lower cost. They would have more figures that they could obtain this way.

It's a reasonable criticism IMO.

Plus which figure is better or worse to get is in the eye of the beholder depending on what they would use it for. While I won't complain if I get Mer-Man, I would almost prefer another Faceless One figure in that for my own person purposes, there would be better part swapping/customizing potential for me with that figure.

i also got a mer-man. i'm glad, because i've been wanting a second one (to display the alternate head) since he was first released.

no mailer box, but he wasn't damaged in the shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by baron ironblood View Post
    i also got a mer-man. i'm glad, because i've been wanting a second one (to display the alternate head) since he was first released.

no mailer box, but he wasn't damaged in the shipment.
    Wait...you didn't even get a mailer box at all? Wouldn't that mean it's a first-issue?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wait...you didn't even get a mailer box at all? Wouldn't that mean it's a first-issue?
    correct, no mailer box at all.

there is no "the original" burst on the packaging, so it could possibly be a first run. however, the first run did come in a white mailer box, only back then they didn't print names on the mailers -- just plain white with the motuc logo.

i'm not sure why they put it in my big subscription box without a mailer, but at least there was no damage. how many other people didn't get a mailer box for their free figure?

Quote Originally Posted by baron ironblood View Post
    there is no "the original" burst on the packaging, so it could possibly be a first run. however, the first run did come in a white mailer box, only back then they didn't print names on the mailers -- just plain white with the motuc logo.
    Mer-Man originally came out before the figures came in the white mailers at all.