Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants MOTUC figures of the runner-ups from the create a character contest ?

Heroic Warrior
    With talk of the line slowing down after 2014, I want many, many figures before I want any of these guys.

I'm all for this--In fact I want figures of some entries that weren't even finalists --some of them are awesome!
    But, with the cut back in the 2014 sub, I think we are really only going to get vintage heavy hitters and no more prototypes,etc (just hope we get Dare at least ) But, as in the free figure announcemnt for Frosta---I think anything's possible (Mattel does like to surprise us).

Heroic Warrior
    These runner-ups are pretty forgettable, and look really silly. I personally don't want to see any of these any time soon.

There are many more fan-demanded vintage MOTU, POP, NA, 200x and Filmation characters that beg to be released first and foremost !

I want any and every figure possible to be made.

BUT with that said, since the line is winding down, these guys are at the back of my want list.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; December 7, 2012 at 01:59pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I'd buy them. I love the design for Major Header and Three-Beast. Honestly, I like some of these more than a lot of the vintage MOTU figures that are left.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I think this would be a good concept for a coffee-table book.
    Then, the people who purchased the book could vote on which entry would be made. This would be separate from the subscription. (Maybe even do a 4 figure mini-sub).
    Great idea - those who get the book would vote. Also, for each vote, Mattel throws out three possible names to vote for each selection you choose. Now, that could leave them in a precarious situation if they haven't trademarked the name, but perhaps they can test the waters to see what most like. I just feel like the name (gimmicky) is essential to a Masters figure.

I also wonder, Mattel would have to disqualify some entries who didn't have designs that re-used enough parts. When I made my entries, I tried to be as resourceful as I could to make the figure unique but also cheap to make. That's the one gripe I had about most of the runners up, most of them were not re-using much existing parts (at least from the artist's renderings). Major Header had potential, but his detachable head looked like an action feature, that violated some of the seemingly stringent MOTUC rules - no action features, no fully (or mostly fully) tooled figures.

I should really avoid topics like this. For me, all the runners up that were shown are significantly superior to the winner in concept and design.

I could go on for paragraphs on top of paragraphs as to the creations I've seen here over the years that have captured the imagination and the adoration of the fanbase. In my opinion, some of these creations are even more deserving of a figure than official Filmation characters, but its all just wasted air.

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Honestly, I want figures of Rahjar, and Major Header.

Both of those would make excellent figures. Bubblor too. If they could tie Bubblor to BP She-Ra that would be awesome!

cyber-assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    What I really want now is action figures based on the designs of Snake Mountain, the Fright Zone and the Crystal Castle to complement Castle Grayskullman.

As for the actual runners-up, given the fairly substantial number of POP/The Great Rebellion, New Adventures and Filmation characters which are yet to be released in MOTUC, I would prefer to see "known" characters in the line before more new, fan-created characters.
    actually, snake mountain man kinda sounds neat. not sure about the others though, but far be it for me to begrudge others their crysatlcastlewoman. reminds me, wouldn't crystalcastleMAN be light hope?
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

With all the characters from Filmation, Jetlag, the mini-comics, 200X, and other misc. sources, there are so many characters that have never seen plastic before and would be like getting new characters, at least in toy terms. I'd rather see them get made first along with all the vintage figures from MOTU, PoP, and NA, and THEN start bringing in new stuff. And I'd say new stuff includes characters that were made up in the new mini-comics and Son of He-Man, too.

Out of the runners up, the only one I'd be remotely interested in would be Bubblor. He looks interesting, he has a very MOTUC name, and I think he'd make a great figure. I'm sure there are hundreds of submissions that would.

Heroic Warrior
    Not interested, maybe after the vintage kine is complete, but for now, I've enough of obscure stuff... Bring on the fan faves...

They're kind of neat, but extremely low on the priority list given that there are still probably 100 characters that are essential before the line dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    They're kind of neat, but extremely low on the priority list given that there are still probably 100 characters that are essential before the line dies.
    My thoughts exactly. They are on the very bottom of my list. First off I want to complete my must-haves from 200X, vintage, PoP and Filmation, then we'll see.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

No desire for these guys.

I actually like Major Header a lot. If it has been made back in the 80's, it have worked with the smash punch mechanism.
    Bubblor looks cool, although I wonder if it is not too much hyper detailed anime style
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

bring em on!!!
    action features for action figures!

Nope.

Let's get to those fan-demanded characters. If Mattel have learned anything from last year's debacle they won't even consider this.

And besides, wasn't the point of the contest to crown a winner? Producing the runners-up takes away from Daniel's achievement, IMO.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Instead of the figures, I would really like a photo book of each creation that was submitted with a ranking of how/where it was in considered in the hunt for being a runner up. Say, was it like number 500 or number 3,000 away from the top spot. Then I could figure out how good or poorly my creations were actually considered to be of any value.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
    Instead of the figures, I would really like a photo book of each creation that was submitted with a ranking of how/where it was in considered in the hunt for being a runner up. Say, was it like number 500 or number 3,000 away from the top spot. Then I could figure out how good or poorly my creations were actually considered to be of any value.
    To be fair, it wasn't an art contest. So there might be horrible drawings that don't stack up artistically, but those poor drawings could have better ideas/concepts. That's why Mattel had the same artist draw the final six. Mattel would have to have someone re-draw all of the entries in the same style to make it an even field. If that is the case, the artist's rendering may not 100% reflect the original entry, and therefore alter its original meaning/idea. It's an interesting conundrum. I'd love to see the other entries, because I know there has got to be some awesome concepts worthy to be a MOTUC figure.

I really LIKED that we got some new characters this year but I want all the guys I have been waiting for first before those guys. Mantenna, Two-bad, Scorpia, Hordesman, Tung Lasher, Squeeze, Castaspella, Cowl, Madame Razz and Broom, Perfuma, Filmation Hordak.......on and on. But I said I would never own TMS or Photogg or Cy-chop and for $15 I now own them

I'd take Major Header before TMS,SLL or Cy Chop....these are forgettable...excuse me regrettable.

Bubblor all the way.

just to support what has been said before, i would rather buy the originals (MOTU, NA) first and sooner then later