Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Procrustus Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Procrustus Video Review by Pixel Dan

Procrustus is here!

Any additional questions, just ask and I'll do my best to answer!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Yay - pretty please with sugar on top Dan can we please do an extra long Netossa one please

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Excellent! I am even more excited for him now!

Awesome review PD, but one question: does Procrustus' head come off like Megator's?
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Oh boy he looks awesome!!! Every figure straight from the minicomics is very welcome

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Great review Dan. Some fans have expressed concern regarding his arms being assembled wrong. Do you see anything wrong with them?

Anyway, Procrustus rocks! Can't wait for him.
    He has that amazing mythological "Clash of the Titans / Ray Harryhausen"- vibe to him. LOVE IT!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

some fans think that the position of their arms are wrong because are in the back and not below the other arms but thats the way he appeared on the minicomic
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    some fans think that the position of their arms are wrong because are in the back and not below the other arms but thats the way he appeared on the minicomic
    That's not what I meant.
    Some people think they've seen on early production samples, that parts had been swapped in production (similar to Swift Wind's legs).

I love the way his arms are positioned.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

He looks great! Very excited about him! Thanks for the review, Dan!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    The figure seems to be well done, he's for sure the best giant in this line, but I have no connection to him, although I know him since the 80's... Not a fan of this obscure stuff anymore... easy pass...

I had no idea of this characters existence till the toy reveal but he is so cool, may well be my favorite giant though i'll have to wait till I have him in hand to know for sure. It never really bothered me that the other giants didn't have as much articulation as the regular figures but it's cool they have added it now.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The figure seems to be well done, he's for sure the best giant in this line, but I have no connection to him, although I know him since the 80's... Not a fan of this obscure stuff anymore... easy pass...
    I feel the same way, Procrustus looks great, but the obscure characters seem to holding up spots for some of the more well known figures. I guess I'm just desperate to see the rest of the vintage line completed, then have these guys come out after that. But by having these obscure characters come out amongst the well knowns, allows them to see the light of day (no pun intended, Procrustus).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I feel the same way, Procrustus looks great, but the obscure characters seem to holding up spots for some of the more well known figures. I guess I'm just desperate to see the rest of the vintage line completed, then have these guys come out after that. But by having these obscure characters come out amongst the well knowns, allows them to see the light of day (no pun intended, Procrustus).
    Yep, I like some expanded stuff, like Vikor or Draego Man, but my concern is that the vintage line may not be complete again, by stretching this line. I understand the reason to mix those characters between fan faves to make them possible, but I would trade every expanded figure for vintage characters any time if I have to...

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm one of the people who is going to miss the variety as the line pares and winds down; "new" stuff in the line gave it a breadth no other MOTU line has had (the only new figure that wasn't a re-do of a vintage one in the 2002 line was the small version of "The One" that came with the slime pit). I've liked the concept and never-made figures so far, and Procrustus (though I admit I had completely forgotten him when they revealed the figure) is definitely a welcome addition. I know there have been some mistakes with this kind of figure (it's become apparent that the concept/never produced three packs were not a good idea mainly due to the price point), but folks like me have waited for He-Ro for two decades, and I'll take him over guys like Extendar or even Rio Blast (though I want them all, if possible).

I know a lot of folks are going to bemoan the concept type stuff if the line ends without doing all the vintage figures, but the fault for that would lie not in the figure choices, but in the absurd mismanagement and incompetence of Mattycollector and DR.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Procrustus is awesome!!!! The 3 giants look great together, never thought of displaying them that way.

I selfishly want a Górgone giant.

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    Yay - pretty please with sugar on top Dan can we please do an extra long Netossa one please
    This.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    The new sculpted parts are awesome, however the reused Megathor parts are too plain compared to the new parts. But I understand that re-used parts are the policy of the whole line.

Whenever people used to speculate about this guy as a figure I was never interested and always hoped they wouldn't make him so that I didn't 'have' to buy him (as I always subscribe), but after he was revealed I was thrilled! He just looks awesome, and I do love The Star Seed, so yeah, bring him on!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Thanks for the review Dan, it answered some questions I had that I was originally gonna tweet to you when you first posted this vid being up.
    I do like him yet was saddened to hear he DOES have more articulation than Tytus and Megator though it definitely makes him worth his cost, whereas I always felt Ty and Meg were over priced due to the lack of, but don't get me wrong i did like them; but after seeing this I really wished they would've got this articulation in with the previous giants.

And glad to see they found a way to reuse this buck and size, here's hoping they get to the 3 giants from MYP since there's not much more use for this buck after... BUT WAIT! After seeing the extra arm socket area, how cool would that be if the re-sized Draego Man into a giant? I mean he is a dragon so other than costs why not??? As much as I love Draego, I never thought him being on scale with the others (and this doesn't not ignore the basic logistical reasons why) was just off sine he is part dragon, just food for thought.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I'm one of the people who is going to miss the variety as the line pares and winds down; "new" stuff in the line gave it a breadth no other MOTU line has had (the only new figure that wasn't a re-do of a vintage one in the 2002 line was the small version of "The One" that came with the slime pit). I've liked the concept and never-made figures so far, and Procrustus (though I admit I had completely forgotten him when they revealed the figure) is definitely a welcome addition. I know there have been some mistakes with this kind of figure (it's become apparent that the concept/never produced three packs were not a good idea mainly due to the price point), but folks like me have waited for He-Ro for two decades, and I'll take him over guys like Extendar or even Rio Blast (though I want them all, if possible).

I know a lot of folks are going to bemoan the concept type stuff if the line ends without doing all the vintage figures, but the fault for that would lie not in the figure choices, but in the absurd mismanagement and incompetence of Mattycollector and DR.
    Well good thing about characters like Procrustus is that he and a couple of others are not concepts; they actually made it into mini-comics and other media related things so when some fans complain just like you I find it puzzling. I totally agree with you and the only thing I would say in defense of naysayers is the timetable of their release. I think if it was sprinkled out a little more lightly it wouldn't have gotten such backlash. I'm for it all (even as i loathe Cy-Chop) and hope that the new year can remedy a lot of criticism, concerns and problems that the line has endured. And hopefully Mattel can get their ish in order now that the movie is moving forward...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

He looks AWESOME! Yet another fantastic mythical beast in this toyline. He obvious works for who he is, but for me I like him as just a giant rock monster! I dunno how I'll use him yet, but I'm super excited! I just love everything about this guy. This is how giants should be!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Snappy Threader
    Very cool review Dan. I'm warming up to Procrustus, but it's a slow warming.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Cool! We need another grains related action figure!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Excellent review! Love that the Star Seed fits into his palm, and into the TOD Sorceress podium!

I want a new cartoon now based on the MOTUC toy line! One that draws across all MOTU content!

Funny thing. I was looking forward to this figure, but seeing him in action has kind of cooled me towards him.