Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Procrustus Video Review by Pixel Dan

The review actually made me more excited to get him. I am getting him either way though. I really like his color and as always, the Four Horseman's sculpt is amazing on him. He looks fantastic next to the other giants. We need more giants!

Great review. I've been exicted for this guy since the pictures first came out. The other giants are so-so, but there is just something primal and dark about Procrustus that fits with my barbarian fantasy.

Heroic Warrior
    Still on the fence about this guy... I hope that ALL Procrustus figures will come assembled properly like the one in your video, Dan !

I'll get him, but I'm not excited for him at all.

Nice review dude, can't wait to get this guy, great to see the arms now have articulation, I just wish the shoulders had as well.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Looking forward to getting him, love the look of the star seed.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

One of my most anticipated figures of 2012! Can't wait to get him!!

Thanks for the cool review. I think this is the first time I've EVER been interested in seeing the 'articulation' part of the reviews, lol.
    It really is a shame that Tytus and Megator didn't get the same bicep swivel. Better late than never, I guess.

Anyway he still looks as awesome as when he was revealed, and is still the only figure I'm 100% buying in December. Not sure on Granamyr yet.

Looks great! I can see the love that went into making this figure! 2014 and 2015 will be bitter sweet for me because I want all the extra stuff we can get, but I don't want it at the expense of an incomplete vintage line. I pray MOTUC has enough life it in to host a sub even after that point, but even if it doesn't. We've had an amazing run that we should all have mostly fond memories of and an incredible collection of toys!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Since the hands turn like a regular MASTERS figure, I wonder if they can be changed around with some "boil and pop" help. I would like to see the back arms with the open hands and the closed fists in the front.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Thanks Dan. ! Much anticipated review as I was curious to see how he looked in his pack-out as well. I'm super-stoked for this guy as he just has this greek mythology vibe going on.. It's going to be a merry christmas.!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Dan, can you have Procrustus putting Megator in Lex Luger's Torture Rack? LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The figure seems to be well done, he's for sure the best giant in this line, but I have no connection to him, although I know him since the 80's... Not a fan of this obscure stuff anymore... easy pass...
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Yep, I like some expanded stuff, like Vikor or Draego Man, but my concern is that the vintage line may not be complete again, by stretching this line. I understand the reason to mix those characters between fan faves to make them possible, but I would trade every expanded figure for vintage characters any time if I have to...
    While there are fans who are out to re-collect their 80's figures, I'm of the opinion that the chance of getting the obscure characters kind of made this line even more special to me. Some of us even campaigned to get some of them made! Sure there are the major franchise characters that everyone wants, but then there are the characters that you are not likely to see in action figure form ever again!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I'm one of the people who is going to miss the variety as the line pares and winds down; "new" stuff in the line gave it a breadth no other MOTU line has had (the only new figure that wasn't a re-do of a vintage one in the 2002 line was the small version of "The One" that came with the slime pit). I've liked the concept and never-made figures so far, and Procrustus (though I admit I had completely forgotten him when they revealed the figure) is definitely a welcome addition. I know there have been some mistakes with this kind of figure (it's become apparent that the concept/never produced three packs were not a good idea mainly due to the price point), but folks like me have waited for He-Ro for two decades, and I'll take him over guys like Extendar or even Rio Blast (though I want them all, if possible).

I know a lot of folks are going to bemoan the concept type stuff if the line ends without doing all the vintage figures, but the fault for that would lie not in the figure choices, but in the absurd mismanagement and incompetence of Mattycollector and DR.
    Well said. And I absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I selfishly want a Górgone giant.

Oh, man... I want that, too.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    While there are fans who are out to re-collect their 80's figures, I'm of the opinion that the chance of getting the obscure characters kind of made this line even more special to me. Some of us even campaigned to get some of them made! Sure there are the major franchise characters that everyone wants, but then there are the characters that you are not likely to see in action figure form ever again!
    I agree entirely. The obscure figures are some of my favorites and I prefer seeing the line grow and expand the property. I personally could do without some vintage stuff to get some new concepts.

i am SO excited to be getting procrustus!!!! i'm not even sure why, but WAY back when this line was first shaping up, and they were discussing the ability to pull from all sources (not withstanding filmation at the time), procrustus was honestly at the top of my "want" list, that is figures i REALLY thought would be awesome to be able to get, but at the same time REALLY doubted would actually see the light of day. fyi, those top 3 were procrustus, photog, and goat man. lol. 2 out of 3 are a reality... come on, goat man!!! lol. i love this line so much, and that IS largely because we get such diversity... for me, it would NOT be nearly the same if we DIDN'T get the POP and NA mixed in (though more are needed), and even moreso the prototype/concept/single appearance, and even all-new characters too. MOTU is fundamentally built on being a big melting pot, so i love that this line has embraced that fully.
    anyway, PROCRUSTUS!!! he just looks PERFECT. awesome fig of his mini-comic appearance, and as someone else said, and i thought when i saw him at power-con, he also manages to give off a harryhausen vibe, which is just extra cool icing on that cake alexx mentioned.

Hey Dan--Great review as always, but where did you get that hammer Pro is holding near the end of the video (think that would work great with Tytus too)?

I cant waitt o get this guy!!! Ive loved this character ever since I saw him in the comic.

I was bummed that Tytus and Megator didn't have the bicep swivel... now Im even more disappointed seeing as it was in fact possible to do so!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Actually this figure looks pretty cool... I remember that I was not very much enthusiastic at Procustus' reveal in July... I thought "Another obscure character" in MOTUC is getting made before Scorpia, Glimmer, Lizard Man or the Rock People! But I must admit that Pixel Dan's review is getting me more and more interested by this new giant... I also like the starseed... Hope they'll include more and more Filmation references/ items in MOTUC...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Thanks, Dan. After your review, I see that he is definitely worthy of reorganizing the mini-comic-character display shelf.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    And some of them for a good reason.

He came out better than I expected. Actually looking forward to this guy now, but do wish they stop with the giants after this one. I realize that Megator and Tytus helped pave the road for this guy, but can't help but wish they'd all been held off until Mattel could afford to give them ALL better articulation. The new bicep swivel is welcome, but now I'm kind of annoyed that Megator and Tytus will never have this. And I do wish the legs on these guys were better. My Tytus can barely stand without toppling over because you can't do anything with those legs. Anyhoo... Procrustus is the best of the three. I will probably display my Star Seed inside the dome of Castle Grayskull...

Now we just need COLOSSOR and GORGONE and the giants will be complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Don't forget the "ABC" Giants from MYP cartoon.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Colossor would be SWEET!!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Don't forget the "ABC" Giants from MYP cartoon.
    .... these guys would be sweet too!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Dan, can you have Procrustus putting Megator in Lex Luger's Torture Rack? LMAO!
    I can sure try!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Hey Dan--Great review as always, but where did you get that hammer Pro is holding near the end of the video (think that would work great with Tytus too)?
    That's Joe Amaro's Hammer. He sold a limited stock a while back, but I hear there is a new version coming soon to a certain toy reviewer's site...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: