• Cy-Chop

53 24.88%
  • Castle Grayskull man

10 4.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Figure of the 30th Anniversary Subscription

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Worst Figure of the 30th Anniversary Subscription

Ok...so I thought a Companion piece was needed here, It was always gonna be Draego as Favorite, then CGM and Photog......

....But The Battle for worst is where the real interest is.....For me it is Loser Lot. No contest!

so Who is your 30th Anni Turkey...and why?

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Cy-Chop said and done! Apologies to those who actually like him.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I had to go with grayskull man. I just don't see the appeal of turning a playset into a character.

Heroic Warrior
    Hard...does it go to worst practicality (Cychop) or worst concept (TMS)?

I am giving the edge to TMS because the idea/concept was from a child's eye and not fully developed. Lots of obvious nods to Deadpool and Gambit. The creator tries to repurpose a spade. You can't reassign established symbolism. Like saying a "heart" symbolizes map-reading or a swastika meaning "violent rain". To nonsensical to be plausible.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Snappy Threader
    Cy-Chop is the worst...no hands.....

I voted SLL. I just can't stand him. With Cy-Chop, I'm hoping that in a future weapons pack that we get an orange Horde Prime hand. That would redeem him a lot, I think, in fan's eyes.

I've got The Mighty Spector and Sir Laser-Lot tied for worst. I voted Spector because at least SLL's parts can be used to make other knights, which I'd be in favor of.

Cy-Chop looks too weird to fit in (which is saying something in MotU), but at least his design is creative.

It was a tough choice but in the end I chose Sir Laser Lot. Spector I can both get some good action poses out of and I can also use his parts to create other characters. Sir Laser Lot on the other hand I can not get a good pose out of to save my life. He just looks lame no matter what I do with him on my shelf. That and the fact that his plume is half snapped off and the paint on the handle of his sword has been scraped off simply by putting it in/removing it from his his hand also makes him the #1 candidate for worst figure of the bunch.

I guess I will have to go with Sir Laser-Lot simply because I don't like the colors. They just seem dull to me. I like the idea of the figure, but the color scheme could have been executed better IMO.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

i actually like them all..but if i had to pick... Cy-chop would be the "worst"for me i guess...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The Mighty Spector.

Why?

Because...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I guess I will have to go with Sir Laser-Lot simply because I don't like the colors. They just seem dull to me. I like the idea of the figure, but the color scheme could have been executed better IMO.
    Exactly.....I just hate the colors so much...it looks cheap...at least Cy-Chop etc look like some effort went into their design.

[/CENTER]

Worst....Cy-Chop, followed by SLL then Spector. All 3 are lame, but it's funny my least favorite though happens to be the most detailed of the 3.

Best....Draego, then Castle Grayskullman. Go 4H! Not to mention, he is awesomely huge.

Photog is like in between.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Honestly, I liked them all (I customized SLL and Spector and REALLY like how they look now), but I guess if I had to pick the one I least liked, it would maybe be Cy-Chop. I still likehim too, but sometimes he seems almost too weird for Motu All around though I was happy with all the new characters

P.S. Draegoman and CGM actually got votes?! I thought they were untouchable
    Last edited by He-Kal; December 7, 2012 at 07:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Hard...does it go to worst practicality (Cychop) or worst concept (TMS)?

I am giving the edge to TMS because the idea/concept was from a child's eye and not fully developed. Lots of obvious nods to Deadpool and Gambit. The creator tries to repurpose a spade. You can't reassign established symbolism. Like saying a "heart" symbolizes map-reading or a swastika meaning "violent rain". To nonsensical to be plausible.
    You know, as I've always felt; TMS would've been so much better if his color-scheme was different from the purple and yellow, with definite tweaks in his purpose and story. I never had a problem with the initial concept and a spectral time traveler who is ghost amongst the time stream would work way better for me. Cy-Chop is just a too much / not enough for me.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Not only is Mighty Spector the worst figure in the 30th sub line he's the worst figure in the entire line. I don't see him loosing that title either. He looks like a reject from the 90's X-Men, his backstory and power are awful.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I dont have any issues with the TMS figure (well aside from that stupid darn Spade.)....

...but I have HUGE issues with a time travelling character who was basically designed to 'police' the time lines and alter them accordingly.....Seriously that can of worms has NO place in MOTU.

[/CENTER]

Spector is the worst design, concept, backstory, explanation, power, & name. Ladies & gentlemen we have our turd. Not only worst in the 30th, but MOTUC period. I hold Mo-Larr in higher regard than him.

Knew it the second I saw him that the next 3 figures had nowhere to go but up.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Castle Grayskullman would be better if he didn't look like He-Man in a costume.

Seriously, who thought having his waist smaller than his torso was a good look? He should have come with a new belt.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    The Mighty Spector is the worst in both character design and storyline.
    ^This.

Out of the package, Cy-Chop leaves much to be desired. Namely hands. Once he gets hands, or a hand, or some Spymonkey goodness, MOTU King Walder makes a great companion piece to Roboto (which is a rip off Henshin Cyborg himself as well).

SLL also leaves a lot. He is much too blue and the only contrast being directly red does make him look a bit generic. But I like him being with the right swaps- he turns Mekaneck from zero to hero. SLL's contribution was saving one of the lamest vintage characters. For that he should be commended.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    While I like all of them I had to go with Spector. He's the most boring of the lot and misses his energy whip. That part would have really made him feel more special to me.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I went with Photog. I didn't know about him as a contest winner in the vintage line, so this figure doesn't have the 'we were promised this guy but he never happened" nostalgia. He's the only 30th anniversary figure I passed on. Colors don't do it for me, and he has a giant camera head.

I'm happy he was put in the line for histories sake, just not one I feel any attachment too.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I enjoy them all, I'm not super ****** like some people over the 30th characters but I picked Sir Laser Lot. His colors could've been much better than what we got. I like the idea of him and his name aint bad but I would've rather had The Red Knight from She-Ra to be honest. I still found things about him that I like as a MOTU character/figure. Can't say the same for last month's Dekker.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I want a multiple choice!
    I want to vote for Mighty Spector and that abortion called Cy-chop!
    However my vote went to Mighty Spector because it's like a virus: it's everywhere in the Motuverse.
    His desire to be the centre of attention is disgusting.

And I'd like to vote also for Sir Laser-Lot (dull, dull, dull) and Fearless Photog, historically the line needs him but it's so repulsive.

And maybe I would vote also for Draego Man, visually is perfect, massive and astonishin' but as far as I am concerned it reminds me the knock-off of the vintage line.
    (I'm sorry guys, I know that everybody here on the forum loves him, and I understand you, as I said it's wonderful but IMO it doesn't fit in the MOTUVERSE)
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; December 12, 2012 at 03:50pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess