Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icon Heroes Snake Mountain Business Card Holder thread

Heroic Warrior

Icon Heroes Snake Mountain Business Card Holder thread

I'm lost. Didn't toyguru say that there wouldn't be a snake mountain because greyskull was so difficult to pull off? Any info on how, when and where it will be released ? We talking pre order again ?

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    He did not rule it out forever. But, since it takes so much effort, it will not be in in 2014 or 2015, because all the effort will go into finishing the vintage figures.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Heroic Warrior
    So what was that snake mountain pic???

Heroic Warrior
    It was the business card holder, much like the one they did for Grayskull last year that can also hold the Power Sword letter opener.

There was also the statue that they announced awhile back that also matches the Grayskull statue that they released last year.

I love it. My favourite revelation from NYTF.

I think I will just have to add this to my collection.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    I'm lost. Didn't toyguru say that there wouldn't be a snake mountain because greyskull was so difficult to pull off? Any info on how, when and where it will be released ? We talking pre order again ?
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    So what was that snake mountain pic???
    The Icon Heroes releases are completely separate from MOTUC. They got a license from Mattel to make these desk/business items, statues, and so forth.

The Snake Mountain that is coming out from them is not a playset in scale with the MOTUC figures. It is a 'statue' of Snake Mountain. Scale-wise it probably won't be too much taller than the MOTUC figures. But it still costs close to $300. And they are also now doing a business card holder separately.

They also did a Castle Grayskull business card holder and a Castle Grayskull 'statue,' both of which were completely separate releases from the MOTUC Castle Grayskull.

These items have no bearing on what happens within MOTUC. Toyguru's statement was only in reference to a potential MOTUC playset to go with the figures.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 18, 2014 at 07:55am.

In the name of the Lloyd!

The snake on this item is too bright green. Needs to be darker.

Hope to get this one day, still don't have the CG one though....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Anyone heard anything about this lately? When is the expected release date?
    ......... ........

Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback

Good question....wondering if it got canceled
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Hope to get this one day, still don't have the CG one though....
    Im the same, im going to finish off classics and statues and lifesize busts before i even think about getting any off these, just dont have the extra money. I think over time these will come down in price on the secondary market.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Anyone heard anything about this lately? When is the expected release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Good question....wondering if it got canceled
    Just got an e-mail from BBTS stating that this item has been cancelled by the manufacturer due to unforeseen circumstances.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

Just got an e-mail from BBTS stating that this item has been cancelled by the manufacturer due to unforeseen circumstances.
    That's a shame....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Yes, I got the same e-mail. I was very much looking forward to this, as well as more MOTU and POP products from Icon Heroes.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I was totally in for one. That's to bad.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella, Snake Goddess & Hawke

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    I was totally in for one. That's to bad.
    Me too....received the cancellation email as well...

Even worse: also the pop culture Teela got cancelled by BBTS due to the complete shipment being damaged...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    Me too....received the cancellation email as well...

Even worse: also the pop culture Teela got cancelled by BBTS due to the complete shipment being damaged...
    Wow, had not heard that Silverhawk. When did that happen?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Heroic Warrior
    Until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume it's because it didn't match the upcoming Snake Mountain playset and they want uniformity.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    Until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume it's because it didn't match the upcoming Snake Mountain playset and they want uniformity.
    i fyou are syaing the card holder is canceled due to it not being close neough to an upcomming playset, that is very optimistic. I like your line of thinking. Kinda doubt it, but also could see that happening now that you mention it. Exciting premise.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    i fyou are syaing the card holder is canceled due to it not being close neough to an upcomming playset, that is very optimistic. I like your line of thinking. Kinda doubt it, but also could see that happening now that you mention it. Exciting premise.
    It's crossed my mind as well;
    then i got back to a more plausible reason,
    It's been cancelled due to the coming out schedule.
    Which would have been too close with a possible preorder announcement
    of the Motuc playset during the SDCC.
    Maybe they feared that the overabundance of news around
    this item alone could actually kill the hype in a sense, you know.

My guess is that it's more likely due to the fact that the other Icon Heroes MOTU items did not sell as well as they had hoped and they have decided to stop making them. They haven't announced anything new MOTU related in quite a while and the Snake Mountain business card holder was something revealed to be coming well over a year ago.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

I always thought the Snake Mountain business card holder looked bland anyway,nowhere as awesome as the Castle Grayskull card holder!

I'm glad to have finally pulled the trigger and bought the Snake Mountain Environment Statue a month ago,which is more than enough Snake Mountain for me!(unless a Classics playset comes out!)

Yeah, I cannot see a Snake Mountain cardholder being more popular than the grayskull one anyway. And who would need two?

I do particularly love how the Grayskull cardholder was used as the Subternia Gate to Castle Grayskull on the Grayskull map. Makes me want to buy it now.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Yeah, I cannot see a Snake Mountain cardholder being more popular than the grayskull one anyway. And who would need two?

I do particularly love how the Grayskull cardholder was used as the Subternia Gate to Castle Grayskull on the Grayskull map. Makes me want to buy it now.
    I noticed that too recently! so cool! Love the easter eggs on that map!