Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe #8 Digital Comic - She-Ra *SPOILERS*

Masters of the Universe #8 Digital Comic - She-Ra *SPOILERS*

There's a new digital comic available on comixology now, focusing on She-Ra.

http://www.comixology.com/Masters-of...omic/DIG002285

Haven't read it yet. But seeing the "female Hordak" kill Flutterina makes me sad - I did have a soft spot for that character. *sob*
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; December 7, 2012 at 09:37am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

That looks more like a female in a Hordak costume tbh. It's probably Adora.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

spoilers in the topic title please!!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome !!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    1. Yeah, it's a good job I've just read the comic otherwise I'd lambast you for the spoiler in the title.

It's Adora who killed Flutterina, not Hordak.

3. I laughed at the appearance of a reaction of outrage when it doesn't bother me at all as part of a story, although I'm sure my favourable opinion will be in the minority.

Since that scene is shown in the publically available preview pages, I didn't think that it fell under the spoiler rule. Sorry for that.

Best DC MotU comic so far, IMO! Totally love it!
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; December 7, 2012 at 09:46am.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Haven't read the comic; what were the ramifications of the death? What role did it play in moving the story forward?

In other words, was it an important plot point, or just a lazy writer killing off a character for cheap shock effect?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    This comic was AWESOME!! Can't wait for part 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Haven't read the comic; what were the ramifications of the death? What role did it play in moving the story forward?

In other words, was it an important plot point, or just a lazy writer killing off a character for cheap shock effect?

I think it's to show that Adora is following Shadow Weavers and Hordak's orders without question, and that she is a non-stop killing machine and just how under their control she really is.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

More of the latter IMO. That's my only negative criticism so far. Putting her into the comic at all clearly was meant to be an easter egg, but killing a random rebel warrior would've served the same purpose within the story.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    This was a solid issue! I loved Adora or Dispara's Horde Armor complete with Hordak mask. I really liked the role of Shadow Weaver too. I'm guessing this conclusion will be shown in the Hordak origin comic planned. This is probably my favourite's of the shorts so far.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Edited the title. It spoiled me as I hadn't read the preview. You can talk freely here without spoiler tags, but let's try to keep the title free of them right after it comes out, just to be considerate.

Since this was "before" Adora becomes She-Ra, is it possible the person who is killed may just be from Flutterina's race and not Flutterina herself?
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

wow ,wow and wow!

awesome art ,awesome issue!

that's the Adora I wanted to see!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    I think the reason for

Flutterina getting killed
    is

that she's got wings and there's a theme through the story of wings, which leads up to would Adora kill the Sorceress if she faced her or would she turn against the Horde

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Man. I thought it was a comedy story. I had no idea it was a real dramatic piece. I was looking for some laughs.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Edited the title. It spoiled me as I hadn't read the preview. You can talk freely here without spoiler tags, but let's try to keep the title free of them right after it comes out, just to be considerate.
    Will do, sorry for the circumstances.

That was a great comic, the art is great and the story really made sense.

At first i didnīt get the orange wings so the end really thrilled me!

Actually i was impressed by Flutterinas courage, attacking a fully armed Force Captain!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    More of the latter IMO. That's my only negative criticism so far. Putting her into the comic at all clearly was meant to be an easter egg, but killing a random rebel warrior would've served the same purpose within the story.
    I honestly think it was a wise choice to choose her, she is always seen as one of the girly rebels and showing her bravery and will to fight what ever it takes even risking her own life to safe others can only help to show she is more than just cute and girly.

Maybe she isnīt dead, maybe she can heal herself in one of her cocoons? Who knows? A thing like that was never mentioned as it never had been a necessity before.
    Last edited by Niki; December 7, 2012 at 10:36am.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Wow! That was good

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Since this was "before" Adora becomes She-Ra, is it possible the person who is killed may just be from Flutterina's race and not Flutterina herself?
    Do we know for sure that it was "before"? If it ties back into the main mini-series, maybe she's already She-Ra but under the same spell the characters from that mini-series seem to be under. The timing is very vague, but feels more "current" than "historical" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Do we know for sure that it was "before"? If it ties back into the main mini-series, maybe she's already She-Ra but under the same spell the characters from that mini-series seem to be under. The timing is very vague, but feels more "current" than "historical" to me.
    I never thought of that! You are probably correct!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    The comic description says:
    She-Ra, the Princess of Power. Where has she been? What has happened to her? Learn all of this plus her shocking secrets in this story by Mike Costa and Drew Johnson!
    Which leads me to believe this is what happens during the events in the DC print series, while Adam is rediscovering his destiny as He-Man. Also it said this would continue in the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", which the print series is called (excluding the origin stories, that are released under "Masters of the Universe").
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Wow! That was good
    I completely agree!
    I think this one is my favorite of the series so far.

I think it's absolutely fantastic that we can see a darker version of Adora, that she did some terrible things in the name of the horde. It makes her redemption seem more meaningful. It also adds layers to her story. Though I love the cartoon, the Filmation cartoon really gave things a Disney-like gloss over. I always wanted to see the darker sides. Thank God for MOTUC and the comics!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    The comic description says:

Which leads me to believe this is what happens during the events in the DC print series, while Adam is rediscovering his destiny as He-Man. Also it said this would continue in the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", which the print series is called (excluding the origin stories, that are released under "Masters of the Universe").
    Unless I'm picking up back-issues of a series, I never read the description... Glad to see I was on the right track.

O__O *goes off to Comixology to see what's going on*