Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe #8 Digital Comic - She-Ra *SPOILERS*

By far one of THE BEST of the current issues. Fabulous art, excellent design for Despara, intriguing story that keeps you wondering, and I'm not a huge PoP fan... The artistic team that worked on this should be the ones to pick up the MOTU series after the 6 issues are done and continue it for years to come!!!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Love the comic. Is Shadow Weaver working with Horde Prime or Hodak?

Can I just say... BEST Neo-MOTU comic yet?!
    – No comment.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Loved it. Best issue yet!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

I enjoyed this, both story & Art.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I was just looking at Drew Johnson's deviantART page and I noticed this in the comments:

Q: Oh wow! What gave you the idea for the cover? Or did the writers tell you what they wanted?

A: Mattel had a pretty specific idea for it---I just built on it, and Ray and Kat made it look good

I don't think this is an origin story. I think Skeletor gave his niece back to Hordak after he warped reality on Eternia. That's why the Horde has Adora dressed in an outfit with a mask and why they call her by the alias Despara. The Horde doesn't want her friends to realize who she is and try to snap her out of Shadow Weaver's thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I was just looking at Drew Johnson's deviantART page and I noticed this in the comments:

Q: Oh wow! What gave you the idea for the cover? Or did the writers tell you what they wanted?

A: Mattel had a pretty specific idea for it---I just built on it, and Ray and Kat made it look good

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...on-d5ngipj.jpg
    Quite interesting. So Mattel seem to be very involved.

what alternate reality?

many speak about an alternate reality, I don't see that, skeletor simply erase the memory of the people but that is not alternate reality. In Filmation Sorceress erases the memory of the Eternians to forget Adora but that did not make an alternate reality..
    maybe pass along some comic vignette but I don't see even alternate reality on that comics.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    what alternate reality?

many speak about an alternate reality, I don't see that, skeletor simply erase the memory of the people but that is not alternate reality. In Filmation Sorceress erases the memory of the Eternians to forget Adora but that did not make an alternate reality..
    maybe pass along some comic vignette but I don't see even alternate reality on that comics.
    Things seem to be a little off on Eternia. It extends beyond mere memory loss. Remember how in the first issue of the print comic Adam is taking care of his OLD senile father, "Fedor", for example? Plus, in the initial digital comic, Skeletor says that Eternia 'will be remade.'

I'm just hoping that The Skull of Power isn't powerful enough to alter things in other dimensions.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Very interesting issue! I love Adora disguised as Hordak! Very cool!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Damn, I actually liked this one. What a surprise! Decent art and great writing in this issue. I quite liked the alternate identity of Despara and the design of her costume is pretty neat. This is the kind of stuff I've always wanted to see in a She-Ra backstory (if it is indeed a backstory). Quite well done!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Quite interesting. So Mattel seem to be very involved.
    Yes. In the newest answers, TG says that Mattel definitely was behind the scenes of this book.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    I don't think this is an origin story. I think Skeletor gave his niece back to Hordak after he warped reality on Eternia. That's why the Horde has Adora dressed in an outfit with a mask and why they call her by the alias Despara. The Horde doesn't want her friends to realize who she is and try to snap her out of Shadow Weaver's thrall.
    Very good deduction! After reading it again, I can definitely see this as a possibility.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Hands down my most favorite art in all of the new DC Comics... Awesome story to boot, this has been great!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Hands down my most favorite art in all of the new DC Comics... Awesome story to boot, this has been great!
    Couldn't agree more. The best yet in my opinion.

Don't forget to rate it on Comixology.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I read the issue because of the Evil Horde, nice action is going on, the Horde Troopers are okay, didn't like that other members like Leech or Grizzlor don't appear in the issue...
    I'm pretty sure Leech is dead now. Remember the "zombie" issue? I think we'll see more Horde later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Don't forget to rate it on Comixology.
    Oh, thanks for the reminder! I just rated it. I think you can only rate comics for a certain time frame, because I can't rate any of the previous MOTU ones. I think I didn't rate the last two...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm still pretty new to these digital comics things - is there a site like comixology that allows you to download the comics to keep on laptop rather than have to view it online?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would LOVE a Despara fig. I hope the line lasts long enough to get one...
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The only thing I didn't like (after reading a few times) is Adora's short hair. Ugh, she needs some pretty long hair. Hopefully the "Honor of Grayskull" restores the honor of her hair!
    I think the short hair is perfect and needed. Makes her look more like a villain, and will be a huge difference in her secret identity when she becomes She-ra with her long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I actually don't think this is the SOTS story, I think it's the current warped reality caused by the red skull that Skeletor has,

I think this is all happening while the events of the main comic are happening too. She's been recaptured, OR the red skull that Skeletor used to change reality has changed Adora's reality too.
    Exactly what I was thinking, that red horde skull effected both realities. But what is strange is how, Skeletor is in control of his reality, leaving the Masters clueless to their past lives. Did Skeletor make Adam a woodsman, or is that just what he thought he was. And on Etheria, does the Horde remember anything, or are only the rebellion effected. If Adora does not remember being She-ra, I don't see how she remembered being a Force Captain either. Unless the Horde does remember Adora, and used this opportunity to bring her back. Which still brings the question why would Skeletor aid Hordak, unless he is just making sure She-ra would not interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    Love the comic. Is Shadow Weaver working with Horde Prime or Hodak?
    Great question, at first I thought the same thing, by all the pictures of him, I thought Hordak was dead, and that Skull is actually his. But after Adora mentions how she nearly failed her lord Hordak, it seems that it is not Prime after all. So many questions. This issue was awesome, and greatly needed for the line.

Too bad Scott made it clear, that this DC line has nothing to do with Classics. I would love to see a Despara figure.

One of the top issues of the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, thanks for the reminder! I just rated it. I think you can only rate comics for a certain time frame, because I can't rate any of the previous MOTU ones. I think I didn't rate the last two...
    How strange. I forgot to rate some of them myself, but it's still giving me the option.

Anyhow, I'm so geeked that it's now Top 5.

#5 overall on Comixology
    #2 in DC Comics
    #1 in the 99 cent category

Slaying.

...and all digital motu comics in the top 30 in the 99 cent category .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG