Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe #8 Digital Comic - She-Ra *SPOILERS*

I want motuc Despara NOW!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Wow, that was pretty cool! As for the topic; I dunno...doesn't say she died. She just got a little stabbed. That's not always fatal in the comic world!

Anyway: brilliant take on the subject! I LOVE that she has a helmet! It takes care of the whole world knowing that she was once a Force Captain. However...I think I'll still have the Rebellion know, in my own story. I think it creates an interesting matter of trust among them to know they have a former Force Captain with them but not fully know why she defected. Better that the common folk in Etheria not know who she was, though.

But yeah, MORE fuel for the story fires kindling in my brain!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I would love a Despara figure.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Wow, this issue is really INTENSE. I've always been curious to see what a dark Xena-ish past would be like for Adora/She-Ra. I need some time to process and read a few more times before commenting any further.
    Last edited by Tallstar; December 7, 2012 at 11:34am.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Such a good comic. It definitely is from the current DC Comics storyline, as there are just too many differences from She-Ra's classic origin; plus, why would she be dreaming of Swift Wind and the sword of power before that actually happened? Anyway, I love the art in this, Drew Johnson is a very good, and underrated artist. I think what I liked best about this was that there was not really any "updating" of the characters appearances; Shadow Weaver still looked like Shadow Weaver, Bow still looked like Bow, etc. Even though I have liked the previous digital comics, I am a little annoyed at some of the character appearance changes, like Man-at-arms lack of furry shorts (sorry, I think those are quite essential), and Evil Lyn's dramatic new look. But this one felt great. The new identity of Despara is a very cool idea as well.

Flutterina (if that was her) did have a very good showing. It also is not mentioned whether or not she is dead, she may well be wounded.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Heroic Warrior
    Wow what a great comic! Is this our clue to DC's next MOTU print story? It seems to me this is a prequel to a print story, just like the Sir Laser Lot digital comic.

One of the best so far, both in writing and in art. I wish Mike Costa would handle the main series as well.

And I love how they depicted the Horde empire in this one, very hellish imagery. My only gripe would be the way Bow holds his bow, something is definitely off in that picture.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

This was a great comic. I loved it!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Awesome!!!

I'm not that sad that Flutterina was killed...but too bad it wasn't Sweet Bee!!

But seriously...it is a comic, Flutterina could have survived that blow. So don't be too sad, Flutter Fans!
    Last edited by Barezz; December 7, 2012 at 12:58pm.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    yeah i kept thinking that as I was reading it, hands down my fav issue so far out of ALL the MOTU DC comics this year
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Now this is Secret of the Sword with some levels of bad-ass injected into it. I've always wanted to see Adora wrestle with the atrocities that she's committed while under Horde control. I love the identity of Despara. I also like the idea that the Rebels regard her as an enemy and tried to kill her (i.e., Bow).

The Fright Zone is awesome! It reminds me of Apokolips from DC Comics or Hell.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 7, 2012 at 12:56pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Now this is Secret of the Sword with some levels of bad-ass injected into it. I've always wanted to see Adora wrestle with the atrocities that she's committed while under Horde control. I love the identity of Despara. I also like the idea that the Rebels regard her as an enemy and tried to kill her (i.e., Bow).

Despara should come for blonde Teela next. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Same here!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

This was great. It was dark but not "dark for dark's sake". I love that the Fright Zone was actually scary.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Despara should come for blonde Teela next. j/k
    She-Ra and Teela should team-up. The blonde from Eternia teams up with the blonde from Etheria.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Foe Man View Post
    Such a good comic. It definitely is from the current DC Comics storyline, as there are just too many differences from She-Ra's classic origin; plus, why would she be dreaming of Swift Wind and the sword of power before that actually happened? Anyway, I love the art in this, Drew Johnson is a very good, and underrated artist. I think what I liked best about this was that there was not really any "updating" of the characters appearances; Shadow Weaver still looked like Shadow Weaver, Bow still looked like Bow, etc. Even though I have liked the previous digital comics, I am a little annoyed at some of the character appearance changes, like Man-at-arms lack of furry shorts (sorry, I think those are quite essential), and Evil Lyn's dramatic new look. But this one felt great. The new identity of Despara is a very cool idea as well.

Flutterina (if that was her) did have a very good showing. It also is not mentioned whether or not she is dead, she may well be wounded.
    She wasn't dreaming of Swift Wind, she was dreaming of the Sorceress.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I think you've all been fooled!! I loved this, but it's definitely not what it seems Brilliant!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax

I actually don't think this is the SOTS story, I think it's the current warped reality caused by the red skull that Skeletor has, and here's why:

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    The comic description says:

Which leads me to believe this is what happens during the events in the DC print series, while Adam is rediscovering his destiny as He-Man. Also it said this would continue in the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", which the print series is called (excluding the origin stories, that are released under "Masters of the Universe").

EXACTLY!!!

I think this is all happening while the events of the main comic are happening too. She's been recaptured, OR the red skull that Skeletor used to change reality has changed Adora's reality too.

This is brilliant.

That's why Flutterina was there. Flutterina didn't exist as Flutterina while Adora was first with the Horde.

Adora/Despara also mentions that she think she has a "bro..."

How would she know the sex of the baby?

I think you're right "EuroCoin"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra
    She wasn't dreaming of Swift Wind, she was dreaming of the Sorceress.
    I don't agree.

She talks about the wings carrying her to power.

All the characters have been partly redesigned. Swift Wind may now have golden wings.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 7, 2012 at 01:44pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I noticed when Despara reports to Shadow Weaver that there are four dead Rebels and the rest is captured, we can see four bodies laying around the houses, so is assume those are the four dead rebels but none of them has wings.

So my guess is, Flutterina is wounded and taken to the Fright Zone.

I´m still not sure if she has been She-Ra before and this is Adora again as the Force Captain...?

Really good issue, one of the best yet

I love Hordak/Shadow Weaver changing her name to Despara, it's never occurred to me before but why would they keep her birth name, that would just stupid of them, yeah lets kidnap a baby but still call her the same name

It was nice to see Flutterina but I'm not fussed either way if she's been killed or survives.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Do we know for sure that it was "before"? If it ties back into the main mini-series, maybe she's already She-Ra but under the same spell the characters from that mini-series seem to be under. The timing is very vague, but feels more "current" than "historical" to me.
    I think it will tie back to the main mini-series but I don't think she's under the same spell the characters from that mini-series, I mean she's having memories/dreams of being kidnapped as a baby implying she's been with Hordak and Shadow Weaver since then just like in the vintage story.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Which leads me to believe this is what happens during the events in the DC print series, while Adam is rediscovering his destiny as He-Man. Also it said this would continue in the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", which the print series is called (excluding the origin stories, that are released under "Masters of the Universe").
    arr thanks for pointing that out, I just assumed it continued in the next digital issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Foe Man View Post
    why would she be dreaming of Swift Wind and the sword of power before that actually happened? .
    I really don't think thats Swift Wind she's dreaming about mate. Let me just say who is currently the guardian of the Sword of Protection
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I really don't think thats Swift Wind she's dreaming about mate. Let me just say who is currently the guardian of the Sword of Protection
    Not if this is current time (concurrent with the regular print DC comic)

The Sword of Protection wouldn't be in Castle Grayskull... it would probably be lost or in the Fright Zone.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Not if this is current time (concurrent with the regular print DC comic)

The Sword of Protection wouldn't be in Castle Grayskull... it would probably be lost or in the Fright Zone.
    Nar we don't know that mate. I think it's still hidden in Grayskull. I mean we know Grayskull is in Skeletor hands but he hasn't been able to unlock its power and secrets yet.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Very nice. I kinda wish the comic continued on for a bit longer.

I'm a bit iffy on the look of 'Force Captain' Despara. Not keen on the female Hordak halloween costume or the under eye mascara or whatever. I liked the design of the Horde troopers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Court Magician
    I really enjoyed this and I have to say, it's great to see the first piece of She-Ra fiction in about 25 years!

I think this is concurrent with the altered reality storyline but I don't think it's because of the altered reality that Adora is like this. I have also long maintained that Adora's name would have been changed... Despara, I like it! I am really looking forward to what seems to be planned to lead into the print comic. Presumably once Adam becomes He-Man again, Skeletor is defeated and the timelines are restored, the Horde may invade Eternia? With Force Captain Despara in the lead?

Thank god, I was worried the digital minis were over. Yet another pretty decent issue, I'm enjoying these.
    "Despara" is a great name! And the helmet is pretty cool, too.

btw I also assumed it was the Sorceress she dreamed of, not Swift Wind.

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is the best DC comic so far. What a great story! Now this is worth reading. Finally!
    Loved everything about it.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!