Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe #8 Digital Comic - She-Ra *SPOILERS*

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think you've all been fooled!! I loved this, but it's definitely not what it seems Brilliant!!

I actually don't think this is the SOTS story, I think it's the current warped reality caused by the red skull that Skeletor has, and here's why:

EXACTLY!!!

I think this is all happening while the events of the main comic are happening too. She's been recaptured, OR the red skull that Skeletor used to change reality has changed Adora's reality too.

This is brilliant.

That's why Flutterina was there. Flutterina didn't exist as Flutterina while Adora was first with the Horde.

Adora/Despara also mentions that she think she has a "bro..."

How would she know the sex of the baby?

I think you're right "EuroCoin"

I don't agree.

She talks about the wings carrying her to power.

All the characters have been partly redesigned. Swift Wind may now have golden wings.
    Swift wind never gave her the Sword of Protection. He never carried her to power. I think it's definitely the Sorceress.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

It's been awhile since I've looked thorough past issues and I haven't fully analyzed this current story, so I may be talking out of my ass right now... but ...

I honestly hope this isn't part of the whole alternate reality thing. How boring would it be to then go back and tell the real story? I feel like the impact would be lost.

I've got to say this definitely makes a lot more sense than having Adora being kept under a spell to keep her in check. Hordak is definitely the type of character that would corrupt Adora into his way of thinking especially if he raised her from infancy. Loved the name change to Despara since Adora would sound too fluffy for Hordak's tastes.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Swift wind never gave her the Sword of Protection. He never carried her to power. I think it's definitely the Sorceress.
    If you look a few panels before the end, where Adora is thinking: "In my dreams there is the beating of wings." The shadow that is shown looks both like wings (the non-shadow) and also a horse bent over, drinking/eating (the shadow). That is what makes me think that she is remembering Swift Wind, rather than the Sorceress. Also, Swift Wind is much closer to She-Ra than the Sorceress, so that also lends credence to the concept.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Ok, now THAT was excellent!!! And honestly, with freaking EVERYthing else that happened in that issue, the death of __________ was close to the last noteworthy moment for me (or maybe it just felt that way cuz I saw the spoiler before it was redacted).

Man, that was crazy good! And I am THRILLED to see it's going to continue in the hard copy comic, cuz that kind of storytelling would be much better than what we've gotten so far, and I'm not even one of the people who has hated the current comic. I also don't think death=maturity in writing, and I do NOT want my MOTU to go too dark, but that was honest and well done, and I say give us MORE!

Also, why do we have to use the spoiler tags when it says spoiler in the thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Foe Man View Post
    If you look a few panels before the end, where Adora is thinking: "In my dreams there is the beating of wings." The shadow that is shown looks both like wings (the non-shadow) and also a horse bent over, drinking/eating (the shadow). That is what makes me think that she is remembering Swift Wind, rather than the Sorceress. Also, Swift Wind is much closer to She-Ra than the Sorceress, so that also lends credence to the concept.
    Well, if the timeline is the same as the original She-Ra story, Swift Wind doesn't exist until after she gets The Sword Of Protection.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The only thing I didn't like (after reading a few times) is Adora's short hair. Ugh, she needs some pretty long hair. Hopefully the "Honor of Grayskull" restores the honor of her hair!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

I loved this issue. The art was awesome for what it was and the Horde Troopers looked fantastic. I'm hoping, but know won't ever happen, for that Adora in armor. She looked sweet to me. I'm really glad the new media is using He-Man and She-Ra in them simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977
    Nar we don't know that mate. I think it's still hidden in Grayskull. I mean we know Grayskull is in Skeletor hands but he hasn't been able to unlock its power and secrets yet.
    This is why I think this is a new experience and not a re-telling of the Secret of the Sword:

1) the comic says, "To be continued in He-Man & The Masters of the Universe" = this leads me to believe it is taking place at the same time as the events in the printed mini-series, for which there are only 2 issues left. I don't think they can tell the story of the full-on introduction of She-Ra in 2 issues... plus that would be bad story-telling, as the rest of the series is about something else.

2) Adora mentions that she had a "bro..." -- if this were pre-meeting Adam, she might have flashbacks to when she was a baby, maybe, but she probably wouldn't know the sex of the other child.

3) Hordak is disembodied, just as he has been otherwise in this DC story...

4) Adora has been renamed, and given a costume that looks like Hordak... that says that Shadow Weaver is using her to terrorize the people... maybe because Hordak is no longer capable of walking amongst the people in an actual body

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post

Obviously Swift Wind didn't give her the sword lol.

Come on - really? Do you really think I'm that ignorant? I've been a motu fan all my life.

What I meant is that literally, and figuratively, he has certainly carried her to power. He carries her to the top of Sky Dancer Mountain so that she can enter the Crystal Castle (except for one time). He carries her whenever they battle. I took the line as a poetic one.

I've been reminded that Adora talks of "orange wings" - so it could be Zoar... but then, Zoar's wings are multi-colored in this comic series, and we have yet to see what the DC make-over will be for Swift Wind. There is also the shadow that "Fighting Foe Men" mentioned earlier in this thread

It's a poetic line. It's an artful picture. I don't think either of them are literal.

We will see what it all meant soon enough
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 7, 2012 at 04:58pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

This was a great sample of what Adora was like between getting abducted and reunited with her family. I've always thought those lost years would be some great story telling.

I could be wrong, but I think what Shadow-Ra meant was that Adam probably hasn't yet given the Sword of Protection to Adora in the reality that existed before, so she's possibly getting some glimpses into her future destiny? At least that's what I'm hoping is actually happening in this story. heheh

Quote Originally Posted by scb View Post
    this was a great sample of what adora was like between getting abducted and reunited with her family. I've always thought those lost years would be some great story telling.
    hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    I could be wrong, but I think what Shadow-Ra meant was that Adam probably hasn't given the Sword of Protection to Adora in the reality that existed before, so she's possibly getting some glimpses into her future destiny? At least that's what I'm hoping is actually happening in this story. heheh
    I know. But I'm saying that he had... and that this story is taking place later maybe... which is why she has specific memories (like Adam and Teela have)... but this spell has re-written current reality.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Also, why do we have to use the spoiler tags when it says spoiler in the thread title
    You don't mate. The comic is on public release and the thread has a Spoiler alert in the title so no need to use the spoiler tags in this case

This is why I think this is a new experience and not a re-telling of the Secret of the Sword:

1) the comic says, "To be continued in He-Man & The Masters of the Universe" = this leads me to believe it is taking place at the same time as the events in the printed mini-series, for which there are only 2 issues left. I don't think they can tell the story of the full-on introduction of She-Ra in 2 issues... plus that would be bad story-telling, as the rest of the series is about something else.

2) Adora mentions that she had a "bro..." -- if this were pre-meeting Adam, she might have flashbacks to when she was a baby, maybe, but she probably wouldn't know the sex of the other child.

3) Hordak is disembodied, just as he has been otherwise in this DC story...

4) Adora has been renamed, and given a costume that looks like Hordak... that says that Shadow Weaver is using her to terrorize the people... maybe because Hordak is no longer capable of walking amongst the people in an actual body
    I agree I don't think this will be a direct retelling of the Secret of the Sword however there are some things that remain a constant even between continuities and I believe baby Adora being kidnapped either by Hordak or his agent(s) and sent to him is one of these constants.

1) I agree it is taking place at the same time as the events in the printed mini-series and I also don't think this will be continued in the current mini-series of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe but a future yet to be announced one, as like you say, they can't tell this story in the two issues that are left.

2) I'd argue that Adora simply knows the sex of her sibling by intuition.

3) To this I'd speculate that in this continuity Hordak has been disembodied ever since his body was destroyed by King Grayskull and banished to Despondos.

So what do you think happened then, that Adora has only recently lost her memory like the other Masters and been sent to Hordak just like Teela was sent to Trap Jaw and MAA sent to Evil Lyn?

I love threads like this where we respectfully speculation on what we each think is happening
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    ok what comic, where the hell is it. i've searched for she-ra, adora, masters of the universe, princess of power all gave me jack and crap
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Should be in the new section.

Ah c'mon, this is comic books. Nobody dies in comic books!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    ok what comic, where the hell is it. i've searched for she-ra, adora, masters of the universe, princess of power all gave me jack and crap
    On Comixology search for Masters of the Universe or comics released 07/12.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    On Comixology search for Masters of the Universe or comics released 07/12.
    just got it. for some reason its not showing up when you search masters but is when you search hordak

obviously this takes place as in the same alt timeline(dear god i hope that ends without a spector saves the day twist) no he-man to save her so adora continued as force captain and really went off the deep end
    Last edited by the_ultimate_evil; December 7, 2012 at 06:05pm.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    You don't mate. The comic is on public release and the thread has a Spoiler alert in the title so no need to use the spoiler tags in this case

I agree I don't think this will be a direct retelling of the Secret of the Sword however there are some things that remain a constant even between continuities and I believe baby Adora being kidnapped either by Hordak or his agent(s) and sent to him is one of these constants.

1) I agree it is taking place at the same time as the events in the printed mini-series and I also don't think this will be continued in the current mini-series of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe but a future yet to be announced one, as like you say, they can't tell this story in the two issues that are left.

2) I'd argue that Adora simply knows the sex of her sibling by intuition.

3) To this I'd speculate that in this continuity Hordak has been disembodied ever since his body was destroyed by King Grayskull and banished to Despondos.

So what do you think happened then, that Adora has only recently lost her memory like the other Masters and been sent to Hordak just like Teela was sent to Trap Jaw and MAA sent to Evil Lyn?

I love threads like this where we respectfully speculation on what we each think is happening
    I am definitely leaning towards Adora having lost her memory, just like Adam, Teela, and Man-at-Arms. I mean really, it could be a retelling of her origin, as there are eerie similarities between this and "Secret of the Sword", such as Shadow Weaver's spell altering her perception of the Horde, as well as Adora being a Force Captain. And one has to wonder why they would try this again on Adora, as she has come back from it before. But then, that was with a great deal of help from Adam as well. But with the Shadow, and the sword, and the fact that is it is connected with the current series weighs just slightly more toward her recently losing memory of being She-Ra. Time will tell though, and you are right, the speculation and constant looking for clues is great fun!!!
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've always wanted to see Adora wrestle with the atrocities that she's committed while under Horde control.
    Me too. I've always said there is a LOT to be explored given her background with the Horde.

I thought this comic was very cool. Wasn't keen on Flutterina's demise though (if she is, in fact, dead).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin
    The comic description says:

Which leads me to believe this is what happens during the events in the DC print series, while Adam is rediscovering his destiny as He-Man. Also it said this would continue in the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", which the print series is called (excluding the origin stories, that are released under "Masters of the Universe").

I think this is all happening while the events of the main comic are happening too. She's been recaptured, OR the red skull that Skeletor used to change reality has changed Adora's reality too.
    I agree 100% and got that vibe from it too! I believe it's happening at the same time.

Between the video game and the comic, this has been an awesome week for She-Ra!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Loved this comic!!! It got me hooked since the first panel... WOW!

I agree this is happening while Skeletor has everybody in an alternate reality. Hence the change of names and the costume...

I would love a series that incorporates all of the characters in this style. Really liked it and my favorite so far!
    "From here to Eterni...a"

DAMN! I hope the publish a collected edition of this SOON!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

I thought this comic was quite cool, though I wasn't keen on the Flutterina's demise (if she is, in fact, dead).
    I've just seen the preview, however...

it is always sad to see a known character taken down, but she went down fighting.
    One of my first reactions was a fun bit of snarky humor, "Well, Flutterina just moved up to next on the production list."

I honestly feel like most of us dodged a bullet though. Most fans do not champion Flutterina like they do Glimmer or Mermista. If a fan favorite had gotten stabbed with a bayonet the reactions would have likely been more emotional.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Wait. A She-Ra comic and DLC for the app game all in two days?

*SOTS Adora faint*
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know why people get so precious about Flutterina getting killed with the "Maybe it wasn't Flutterina" and "Maybe she lived after having a sword rammed through her guts" BS lines. It's just a story, and somebody dying in the story doesn't besmirch the character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The only thing I didn't like (after reading a few times) is Adora's short hair. Ugh, she needs some pretty long hair. Hopefully the "Honor of Grayskull" restores the honor of her hair!
    Maybe Adora has short hair while She-Ra has longer hair.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr