Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe #8 Digital Comic - She-Ra *SPOILERS*

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    She-Ra is really bringing in the holiday season for us!

Loved the comic, probably the best mini thus far. Like most said it was pretty awesome and I loved the intensity. I think it was intuition that Despara knew her sibling was a boy. Just like fighting skills return to Adam in the regular mini series - things like this could be coming back to Adora.

Like bcrduke, I assumed that the wings were the wings of a redesigned Swift Wind. Maybe he somehow becomes her "guide", much like Zoar with Adam. I'd love for him to take her to the Crystal Castle and then show how it is somehow a key link between Despondos/Eternia. It somehow channels the power of Grayskull to her (and then grows her hair back! )

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheHonour86 View Post
    Wait. A She-Ra comic and DLC for the app game all in two days?
    besides she invaded the He-Man facebook page https://www.facebook.com/IHaveThePower
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This is why I think this is a new experience and not a re-telling of the Secret of the Sword:

1) the comic says, "To be continued in He-Man & The Masters of the Universe" = this leads me to believe it is taking place at the same time as the events in the printed mini-series, for which there are only 2 issues left. I don't think they can tell the story of the full-on introduction of She-Ra in 2 issues... plus that would be bad story-telling, as the rest of the series is about something else.

2) Adora mentions that she had a "bro..." -- if this were pre-meeting Adam, she might have flashbacks to when she was a baby, maybe, but she probably wouldn't know the sex of the other child.

3) Hordak is disembodied, just as he has been otherwise in this DC story...

4) Adora has been renamed, and given a costume that looks like Hordak... that says that Shadow Weaver is using her to terrorize the people... maybe because Hordak is no longer capable of walking amongst the people in an actual body

Obviously Swift Wind didn't give her the sword lol.

Come on - really? Do you really think I'm that ignorant? I've been a motu fan all my life.

What I meant is that literally, and figuratively, he has certainly carried her to power. He carries her to the top of Sky Dancer Mountain so that she can enter the Crystal Castle (except for one time). He carries her whenever they battle. I took the line as a poetic one.

I've been reminded that Adora talks of "orange wings" - so it could be Zoar... but then, Zoar's wings are multi-colored in this comic series, and we have yet to see what the DC make-over will be for Swift Wind. There is also the shadow that "Fighting Foe Men" mentioned earlier in this thread

It's a poetic line. It's an artful picture. I don't think either of them are literal.

We will see what it all meant soon enough
    I wasn't saying that because I thought you didn't know how she got her sword, come on now.

I was saying it because I was listing the reasons why it's more likely it's the Sorceress, and not Swift Wind. It was the Sorceress who gave her great power, not her horse.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Awesome, and horribly too short.

I'm still not sure what's happening here...but this digital issue certainly made me more excited to find out! Who would have thought that Adora would be treated to the best installment to date?

Loved the short hair Adora.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    Loved the short hair Adora.
    So did I. I thought it was much more fitting for the Force Captain of the Horde!
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I can't believe how much She-Ra we're getting this week! The update for the game AND a comic about her! I love Mattel so much right now...and the production Netossa looks so stunning! They've really brought their A-game regarding PoP right now.

This comic...was the BEST MOTU comic out of the whole series. It was well-written, had a great story that makes you want to read more, the art was beautiful and Despera looks badass! She actually looks like Asajj Ventress, to me! The page near the end, when she's holding the dual swords.

I would LOVE an action figure of her in MOTUC.

This story was PERFECT, in my opinion and why I would LOVE a She-Ra movie, done like this. This is pretty much directly out of my mind...except for one thing that happened (see spoilers below):

I was really excited to see Flutterina...until they murdered her. That's the ONLY thing I do not like about this comic. I do believe she is dead, because Despera told Shadow Weaver that 4 were dead. She has to be one of those four. They never should have killed a member of the Great Rebellion on their first appearance. I mean...DAMN!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I LOVED this issue. This is probably my favourite issue. I am of the mind that this is not a retelling of SOTS, but is part of this new warped universe. I think that Adora is remembering Swifty, as the shadow in her memory is quite obviously a horse. At the end it could just be a memory of "wings" that she can't put her finger on that is a mix of memories. So I think both trains of thought are correct (Swifty/Sorceress).

-The name change/short hair - LOVE

-Despara Action Figure - YES PLEASE!

On another note, I'm hoping Hordak gets his body back. I'm not loving his new look. I can give to the fact that he may not have a physical body yet after his defeat by King Grayskull, but I want him back in his lean, mean, fighting part machine body!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    That was a great comic, the art is great and the story really made sense.

At first i didnīt get the orange wings so the end really thrilled me!

Actually i was impressed by Flutterinas courage, attacking a fully armed Force Captain!

I honestly think it was a wise choice to choose her, she is always seen as one of the girly rebels and showing her bravery and will to fight what ever it takes even risking her own life to safe others can only help to show she is more than just cute and girly.

Maybe she isnīt dead, maybe she can heal herself in one of her cocoons? Who knows? A thing like that was never mentioned as it never had been a necessity before.
    I'm going with heal herself in one of her cocoons as well. So even though Adora/Despara thinks she is dead...that my not be the case!

I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe Adora has short hair while She-Ra has longer hair.
    Ugh no thanks. The short hair is just a mean old evil Horde thing, cause they are mean and evil. It seems like I'm in the minority...maybe Adora needs short hair to differentiate herself from Teela (hee hee). Full, long hair for Adora please Despara can be all Tasha Yar.

As for when this story is taking place...I don't get the idea that she was free and then recaptured. I think this is an Adora who has yet to become She-ra. The memories she is having is of being an infant and taken, not memories of being She-ra. Not memories of knowing Adam now, not of knowing her parents, and not of her friends in the Great Rebellion. Just seems to me more like in the DC continuity that Adora has yet to be set free from Hordak and Shadow Weavers spells.

As for Flutterina and the idea that she wasn't "Flutterina" until after Adora had become She-ra... really you are giving a TON more credit to the She-ra and POP knowledge of the DC writer than I do. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a GREAT piece of work and am very happy with it. But that kind of knowledge is more hardcore fan knowledge than anything else. More likely they researched Great Rebellion characters, decided that Flutterina would be recognizable enough that her death would have an impact without causing a "**** you killed GLIMMER" riot.

Still I could be wrong and she could be suffering from the spell, I guess we will find out. That just wasn't the vibe that I got
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Adora killing a gr member and getting shot by another....gotta love this direction! Can't wait till issue 6 of the hard copy version.

just wanted to chime in that i too loved this one (and, i've really been "cool" with the whole print and digital series so far though.) and... i also enjoy the respectful discourse/speculation on here about what's going on. i have to say, reading through it the first time, i only thought it was the "new version" of she-ra's origin story. (until, getting to the end and the note about how it would continue in the print comic... that made me wonder abit, and look forward to coming on here and hearing folks' takes.) i never would have considered what your theories are brian, but i think at least some of that may be on the right track. one possible good qualifier toward your theory brian is the conversation between shadow weaver and hordak, where hordak says "when she is fully RE-committed,..." hmmm. now i AM thinking this is happening in-time with the print story, and that maybe this reality is a function of the broader altered reality created by skeletor via the two eyes/the red skull/whatever. i didn't, and still don't really, think here "dreams" were about swift wind... i got sorceress out of that too. heck, we don't even know if there IS a swift wind in this version of the story! also, MAYBE the sorceress is channeling her remaining power (in addition to the zoar guide for adam/teela) to create these dreams for adora... maybe to help guide her "back", or maybe to guide her toward her destiny as she-ra for the first time in this version. *shrug* surprised no one else at least mentioned the obvious arm of skeletor as who's abducting baby adora... i liked that. lastly, congrats all you true-blue pop fans! ya gotta see this as an awesome week! the game update is cool, and this comic shines as one of the best... they dropped in a few other known characters, and clearly at this time it seems she-ra truly IS being viewed/incorporated into the greater mythos on somewhat "equal ground." yay!

This has been a good week

Can't wait to see more in the printed version. I'm hoping for a double panel of He-Man & She-Ra on their respective steeds!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Now that would be cool

I'm just thrilled that so far my favorite comic has involved She-ra, nice to see her get some good treatment
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    So now it's official:

I want a Force Captain Adora aka Despara in MOTUC!

BTW did you notice the blue arm that takes her from her crib? Keldor/ Skeletor!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Omg im totally wrapped and excited to finally see Adora/She-ra finally make a return to MOTU. Finally after all these years we finally get to see her make a return and wat an outstanding return it is. Loved everything bout the comic, art n story were awesome, just the best.
    Recently while reading the He-Man DC comics i kept saying to myself i wish She-Ra would make a return n its as if Mattel heard me! Cant believe the story is gonna continue in the actual published comics. How totally awesome and i just updated my He-Man game and OMG She-Ra is in it. Wow oh wow. Thanks Mattel!
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

Heroic Warrior
    I read the issue because of the Evil Horde, nice action is going on, the Horde Troopers are okay, didn't like that other members like Leech or Grizzlor don't appear in the issue...

The art is by far the best besides the Battle Cat comic. Best part: Slaying some GR members

Wow! That was a bad-ass introduction to Adora and an awesome hint of things to come. To be continued in the pages of He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe clearly means that after this six-issue story arc, the next one will be the events that took place in Secret Of The Sword 2013 is going to rock
    I also love that they didn't go over-the-top with redesigning the characters. Little differences to Shadow Weaver and Flutterina, but not so much that you can not recognize them. And Adora being called Despara is brilliant. I want a figure! I want THIS to be the look of "Force Captain Adora" in 6" action figure form

Court Magician
    Is there a place where I can vote for Despara as the 2014 subscription figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Nice!

First of all, I’m glad that the digital series hasn’t gone bye-bye. I was getting worried there for a minute. Second of all, I really hope the digital series is released in a TPB one day.

Oh, and this was easily the best digital issue so far.

The short hair on Despara are okay, i donīt think Adora should keep them and as soon as a different artist comes in he/she will change it back to longer hair anyway....

I still think she hasnīt been She-Ra at this point, THE SECRET OF THE SWORD is one of the most iconic stories what people remember from MOTU, so a reinvention makes sense and Adam doesnīt seem to remember he has sister so far, up until this point no one has mentioned her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskullian View Post
    I LOVED this issue. This is probably my favourite issue. I am of the mind that this is not a retelling of SOTS, but is part of this new warped universe. I think that Adora is remembering Swifty, as the shadow in her memory is quite obviously a horse. At the end it could just be a memory of "wings" that she can't put her finger on that is a mix of memories. So I think both trains of thought are correct (Swifty/Sorceress).

-The name change/short hair - LOVE

-Despara Action Figure - YES PLEASE!

On another note, I'm hoping Hordak gets his body back. I'm not loving his new look. I can give to the fact that he may not have a physical body yet after his defeat by King Grayskull, but I want him back in his lean, mean, fighting part machine body!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going with heal herself in one of her cocoons as well. So even though Adora/Despara thinks she is dead...that my not be the case!

Hordak needs a body and i hope he gets fused into Desparas uniform as a substituted body and that makes him more technologic than mystical.

HA iīm not alone with my cocoon idea! Thank you

Definitely best comic so far.

I think the art was best so far too, Drew Johnson did good job here.

Interesting how Hordak and Horde Prime has sort of being merged into one character in this storyline. Hordak really not having a body is interesting concept, and familiar look of Hordak we all know is just a mask presumably. I am all for it, not everyone needs to be human sized. Now where is Catra?

I loved it.

It was really really good. Despara an awesome character.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved it.

It was really really good. Despara an awesome character.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

That is the first time I thought She-Ra was cool. Really liked that comic.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the first time I thought She-Ra was cool. Really liked that comic.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/