Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Masters of the Universe #8 Digital Comic - She-Ra *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So apparently it's not a current story... or a new story...

It IS a re-telling of the Secret of the Sword:
    Yes!!! I think it's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I would also like to see this story be part of the "Skeletor erasing everyone's memories" storyline and NOT be a retelling of She-Ra's origins. In my opinion, it makes it more interesting to see Adora re-integrated into the Evil Horde (for a time), it will make Flutterina's death more meaningful and less throw-away (because all her history is still there and she wasn't a random character in the background who fought for two seconds)...and Skeletor's spell will be broken when Adam and Adora meet each other again and begin to remember their adventures together. They are the Twins of Power, and once re-united, they will break the spell. I would enjoy that story.
    Not only do I dislike the idea of Skeletor having an ancient Skull of Power that can effect minds in other dimensions, but I feel like it would have been rather unfitting for him to attempt to control The Horde or interfere with their plans what with them being masters of manipulation and mind control since pretty much the beginning. I'd like to think that Shadow Weaver's magical senses would have picked up on Skeletor's wicked plot and that The Horde are at least strong enough to counter such sorcery, especially since they're probably going to stick with the whole idea of Skeletor eventually besting Hordak. Personally I like the parallel there, with The Horde wiping memories, doing their "readjustments" , etc., while Skeletor is sort of taking a page from The Horde with his Skull of Power on Eternia.

Regarding Flutterina, I feel like they could always do a story explaining the events leading up to her death or maybe an origin or something so it's not like her character can't be revisited just because she's dead.

Anyhow, what do think about the idea of Despara getting these memories/glimpses into her future self as She-Ra due to her bond as a twin? You know, like maybe she sensed the disturbance in Adam.

btw, the story on CNN has almost reached a milestone 2,000 recommendations of Facebook! So exciting.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/12/showbi...2-0/index.html

I finally got around to reading this and thought it was great! Can't wait for the next issue!

I don't usually go for 'darker' retellings of existing properties, but done well, they can be great. As was this one. Quite well done. This has the makings of a great story-line.

Heroic Warrior
    I...liked it.

While at first I didn't like the re-writing of SOTS, I have to go to my stand-by excuse - there are many MOTU universes, just like in the DC universe. Multiple-realities and such. This is a different reality, it doesn't erase what came before. It's kind of the only way I accepted the Trek reboot - if they hadn't done it in the way they did it (which will be known in future franchise storytelling as the "Trek maneuver") the fanbase wouldn't have accepted it the way they did.

It also made sense - I mean, they very much glossed over it in SotS, but Hordak was evil, Adora was his liege - his first officer in the field. It was never explicitly pointed out, but the fact that Adora did many "evil" things while under Shadow Weavers control is right there for one to imagine. Hordak must have done more than drain energy from prisoners and control the bread lines, and Adora was right on the front lines helping (until SW's hold started to weaken and she began to see it for what it was).

They also covered that base a bit by making her a masked character - and, of course, tripled-up on the multiple identities of Adora, which could be very interesting storytelling.

In all, I could go on for hours, but I think they did this well. It's easily the one they could have messed up the most, yet I think it came out as probably the best "reimagining" they have done yet.

Hello,

I have a question, do you know if I can buy these digital releases from comiXology if I'm from Mexico? I've been buying the new DC comics of MOTU and I just found about these digital comics, and I really want to read them, specially the She-Ra comic

And one more question, is there any information about these digital comics could get a release in printed comic?

Thank you.

Later...
    Last edited by Razor; December 23, 2012 at 06:22pm.
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Hello,

I have a question, do you know if I can buy these digital releases from comiXology if I'm from Mexico? I've been buying the new DC comics of MOTU and I just found about these digital comics, and I really want to read them, specially the She-Ra comic

And one more quiestion, is there any information about these digital comics could get a release in printed comic?

Thank you.

Later...
    yes,you can buy it from everywhere .of course you should have card .

I don't think these digital comics get to printed comics .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Regarding Flutterina, I wonder if she has some sort of regenerative cocoon power. Dead isn't always dead, after all. Not in comics.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Are they going to print this one out as a physical book?

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    yes,you can buy it from everywhere .of course you should have card .

I don't think these digital comics get to printed comics .
    Thanks for the confirmation!

I still hope we can get a printed edition of these comics

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Regarding Flutterina, I wonder if she has some sort of regenerative cocoon power. Dead isn't always dead, after all. Not in comics.
    Yup. Dead is never dead in comics. She will return- but yknow was it really a fatal wounding? She was just run thru. Could've missed her organs?
    Oh, and Adora's short hair is awesome. Nice look. She just needs the violet eyeshadow as in Filmation.
    Last edited by MLHumble; December 23, 2012 at 11:44pm.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Read all of the online comix the other day. Really awesome stuff!
    Last edited by Artistix; December 24, 2012 at 02:50am.

I enjoyed this and I'm not a huge She-Ra fan. I really like that they took Adora to such a dark place with her actually killing for the Horde. My only gripe is that mind control was involved. Personally, I think Adora's backstory works better if she were simply raised to be a brutal killer without the need for mind control.

And I'm in the camp, that says the events we're seeing are not because of the altered reality in the main series. We're at the point where Adora hasn't discovered her destiny yet so this issue is part of her official DC established origin.

To those who believe Adora is dreaming about Swift Wind, can you tell me where you're seeing this horse's shadow?
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Ok my comics app just told me there was an update to this comic alone, so anyone know if anything changed.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    Ok my comics app just told me there was an update to this comic alone, so anyone know if anything changed.
    Not that I'm aware of. Maybe the comics apps is alerting folks because of Comixology's year-end lists or something?

They have a section for 2012's Digital Firsts in "The Best Of 2012" section, which has the SLL issue...

http://www.comixology.com/Best-of-20...collection/886