Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTU Classics Ram Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Not really getting the nostalgia feel like some others but am excited for him nonetheless. I can live with the facial expression with the helmet on because he could be making that face as he "rams" people but I think he looks rather silly with the unhelmeted head.They should have given him a more relaxed expression...
    Last edited by King Criss79; December 8, 2012 at 08:07pm.

Want to pick up 2 extra to reprint in card back colors and son of he-man colors, hopefully they have some for day of same.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    When I saw the un-helemted head, I thought, "He looks tough." Then I thought, "He looks like Lee Marvin." That's cool since Lee Marvin was a tough guy too.
    It makes me think of Rondo Hatton more than a little. I wonder if that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    QUESTION: Can you get any other weapons in his hand?
    I'm wondering this too.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Heroic Warrior
    Given his width, how does he look turned at the waist? Is it really noticeable like some of the female figures?
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    [QUOTE=Old Bolty-Neck;3169991]It makes me think of Rondo Hatton more than a little. I wonder if that's just me.

He does have a Rondo look to him. For me he has a **** Tracy villain character vibe to him.

Wow that name is censored. I guess then Richard Tracy but we call him **** for short.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

That's definitely a gorgeous figure! He's well worth the long wait. Thank you for another great review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

It's a great figure! I actually like tha face and the closed eyes.
    Not sure about the oversized forearms and fists. He looks a bit like Popeye. He's definitely been eating his spinach
    Awesome sticker included!

tve16538-19960109-454.jpg

Open your eyes!
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    That's the RIGHT review Dan!
    Just for you, my man!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

QUESTION: Can you get any other weapons in his hand?
    This is something I need to try. However, since his hand just has a hole in it that is pretty much sized specifically for his axe, I'm going to say that not much elsie is going to fit. I can say for certaintly you won't be able to put anything in that has a large bottom piece on the handle, like the Havok Staff or possibly even the Power Sword. I'll try a few things out, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Given his width, how does he look turned at the waist? Is it really noticeable like some of the female figures?
    I didn't really notice that, but I'll double check to get you a solid answer.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

He looks great, well woth the wait.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Been waiting for Rammy for a long time. Glad they went with his mini-comic bio.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hey guys, anybody know why the video is clipped on the right? It's like it's in widescreen-format, but the player only shows regular format.

I'm watching in Firefox 17.0.1.

Heroic Warrior
    I watched the review several times now and I'm really excited about getting him...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    the head with no helmet kinda reminds me of Billy Bob Thornton
    cmon, its easily thoms haden church! after val kilmer another hollywood actor hits the classics!
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...m_Festival.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    the head with no helmet kinda reminds me of Billy Bob Thornton
    cmon, its easily thoms haden church! after val kilmer another hollywood actor hits the classics!
    http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Th...m_Festival.jpg
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Heroic Warrior
    Rammy is awesome!!! He was also my first MOTU toy. But this one is freaking awesome

I am now very worried that this bad boy will sell out fast! It is better than Fisto...and we saw what happend with him. Will I be able to get two on sale day??? Will they make more Ram Mans??? I sure hope...because I can see a nightmare sale day

They made it sound like in the past that they were making more Ram Mans than a typical release due to his known popularity.

This Ram-Man is definitely one of the best looking figures in the line, no doubt! However his joints and ankles better be tight, otherwise I'll be mad as hell! I committed to two subs mainly because of this guy alone...

Great review as always Dan, your efforts certainly make an impact on the MOTU community and fans alike.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.