Thread: Is Swiftwind gone for good?

Is Swiftwind gone for good?

During Cyber Monday He-Man, She-Ra and Swiftwind among others sold out. However, since then both He-Man and She-Ra have returned to sale, but still no sign of Swiftwind.

So does that mean that Swiftwind is gone for good?

Snappy Threader
    My guess would be yes. He isn't anywhere to be found on the site in the shop area..

Heroic Warrior
    Everything was meant to be clearances out with that sale. If it sold out, its likely gone.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    My guess would be yes. He isn't anywhere to be found on the site in the shop area..
    He shows up on the monthly sale page with the rest of the essentials, but still sold out.
    Last edited by Captain Wow; December 5, 2012 at 11:33pm.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

My guess would be yes. they put all the Swiftwind stock in the essentials and if he sold out then yeah he's gone for good. No second runs on figures anymore.

Hi everyone I been out for so long, is swift wind really gone? Even from matty.com?

Looks that way, but the way Matty has stock in several places & how they pull stuff to hold for later, you really can't be sure.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    So glad I grabbed one just before it sold out. I was going to add a Panthor to go with a Queen Marlena, but Matty's system gave me some unknown error and I couldn't. So, next, I tried adding a Palace Guards set—but again got the same error. So, finally, I tried adding a Swift Wind (which I hadn't planned on getting until after getting a Panthor), and this time Matty's system did happily allow. And then, not long after during the same day, and totally unexpectly to me, it sold out. So I grabbed my Swift Wind at what, unknowingly and unsuspectingly, happened to be the last moments of its availability—and I was "forced" to do it out of pure luck. If Matty's bug-ridden website hadn't glitched when I tried adding Panthor and the Palace Guards, I wouldn't have ordered Swifty at that moment (thinking it would still be available in the Essentials long after); but right after I placed that order I was not allowed to place any more orders during that day (because of the absurd limit on daily number of orders), and then Swift Wind suddenly sold out. So, if I didn't end up Swifty-less, it was thanks to DR's less-than-top-notch software.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    So glad I grabbed one just before it sold out. I was going to add a Panthor to go with a Queen Marlena, but Matty's system gave me some unknown error and I couldn't. So, next, I tried adding a Palace Guards set—but again got the same error. So, finally, I tried adding a Swift Wind (which I hadn't planned on getting until after getting a Panthor), and this time Matty's system did happily allow. And then, not long after during the same day, and totally unexpectly to me, it sold out. So I grabbed my Swift Wind at what, unknowingly and unsuspectingly, happened to be the last moments of its availability—and I was "forced" to do it out of pure luck. If Matty's bug-ridden website hadn't glitched when I tried adding Panthor and the Palace Guards, I wouldn't have ordered Swifty at that moment (thinking it would still be available in the Essentials long after); but right after I placed that order I was not allowed to place any more orders during that day (because of the absurd limit on daily number of orders), and then Swift Wind suddenly sold out. So, if I didn't end up Swifty-less, it was thanks to DR's less-than-top-notch software.
    I got him back when he first came out, And I am glad I did, he is one nice looking horse, and the wings are really nicely done....I just want to get a Griffin....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I got him back when he first came out, And I am glad I did, he is one nice looking horse, and the wings are really nicely done....I just want to get a Griffin....
    I wasn't around when Swift Wind first came out, and I've had to spread out my purchases of "Essentials" items throughout the year because of all the catching-up with monthly reissues and all the other new stuff being offered each month (I did get a Griffin when it came out this summer). So by the time BF/CM arrived, I had already gotten my Battle Cat during the special "birthday" sale, but was still lacking Panthor and Swift Wind, and was planning on getting Panthor first and leaving Swift Wind for December. Luckily, Matty "forced" me to get my Swift Wind first, just before his unforeseen sell-out, and I secured my Panthor a few days later (so that now I've already purchased at least one of every "Essentials"). I still need to buy a few additional multiples of Palace Guards (have 4 guards and plan on a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 20), but with the BF/CM sale (got almost three dozen items), the upcoming December sale (with expensive Granamyr and Procrustus), and getting 4 Ram-Men in January (2 for alternate heads display and 2 for gifts), I'm going to be near-broke for some months. Hopefully, they still have enough Palace Guards sets to last till next spring/summer when I hope to be able to finish my army.

BTW, it's true the wings on Swift Wind and the Griffin are really nicely detailed and sculpted, but they are seriously lacking articulation. They're statuesquely "frozen" in their spread-out shape, which strongly clashes with the highly-articulated nature of the rest of the figure. They should have had at least an articulation point at the wing's "elbow" (just like with DCU Hawkman), so that they could be "folded back" when not "in flight". I can't make up my mind whether to buy additional Griffins, precisely because of the under-articulated wings and their inability to be posed in any other way than "flying".
    Last edited by uaxuctum; December 8, 2012 at 03:57am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Glad I got mine on Cyber-Monday.

Heroic Warrior
    Several 3rd market sites have swiftwind for under $40