Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What polls should we run for He-Man.Org's 2012 year end review? :-)

What polls should we run for He-Man.Org's 2012 year end review? :-)

We'll do the "Best of" and "Worst of" polls for certain (and this year I'll make sure I leave out December 2012 for people who don't get their items in time to review, and bring in December 2011 instead since that was an issue with last year's poll)

But, what other hot topics would you like us to poll? Anything related to the toy line (including individual releases, Digital River, quality control, etc), movie rumors, licensed products, key characters, etc.

Please post your suggestions here. We'll pick the top suggestions and do polls on the main page. And please do your best to focus on topics discussed by fandom as a whole, not individual issues relative to your own unique interests or experiences. Definitely no poll suggestions based on personal grievances or that are meant to insult or attack. I shouldn't have to say this but there's always someone!

Also, if someone before you suggests a poll idea you like, please be sure to say you like that idea. The more people speak up for a poll suggestion, the more likely we are to explore it further if we hadn't already planned on it.

Thanks!!

*Have you enjoyed the 30th anniversary licensed products? Which products did you purchase/ plan on purchasing (wacky wobblers, dvd set, glasses, letter opener, castle grayskull statue, etc.)?

*How much of an impact over the last year did Digital River play in your mattycollector toy buying habits? Sign up for fewer subs? Purchase fewer items on sale day? Purchase items from another source? How many times did you have to call or e-mail customer service due to a problem? Were they able to help? etc.

*Have you enjoyed the new DC motu comics?

*In your opinion, what was the biggest MOTUC disappointment over the past year (i.e. certain figure, DR, cost of shipping, customer service, paint apps, etc)? What was the greatest MOTUC achievement (i.e. Castle Grayskull announced, certain figure, free figure for frosta, etc.)?

*What is the most overused Toyguru phrase? (i.e. Logistics, maybe in a movie year, Keep reading the bios, etc). PLEASE note this is meant to be in fun
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; December 8, 2012 at 07:28am.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Who's your most wanted character from the vintage toylines?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

As the vintage MOTU list gets shorter and shorter, which of the remaining sources of characters would you like to see the most of/most anticipate (Original MOTU Mini comics, Princess of Power, New Adventures, 200x Mike Young Productions, Son of He-Man, Filmation,
    etc...)
    Last edited by slackrguy; December 8, 2012 at 09:19am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    *What is the most overused Toyguru phrase? (i.e. Logistics, maybe in a movie year, Keep reading the bios, etc). PLEASE note this is meant to be in fun
    I was thinking of something similar, but broader such as 'catchphrase of the year' so we could stick in 'it's comparison time' and others.

Heroic Warrior
    - most demanded vehicle

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think this is an ample opportunity to find out what the hell happened during July and Augusts' subscription period. Find out why the turn out was so low.

"Which of the following in your opinion contributed to the lowest subscription turn out during the subscription period?"

Give LOTS of options, so that Mattel can learn from their mistakes. Heck, if you decide to use this one, let fans give as many reasons as they can to provide poll choices. We've got to find out why 2013's sub had so many problems this year...was it Digital River, the reversed forearms, cheap variants like Snake Man-At-Arms or Battleground Evil-Lyn, "bad choices" like Vykron, expensive unwanted multi-packs such as the Star Sisters and the Fighting Foe Men?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Best/favorite non-toy release i.e. DVD's, Tumblers, letter opener, ect.

Best comic series between mini, digital & print.

Worst accessory or pack in.

I totally second the TG catch phrase.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    maybe one to gauge interest in a Filmation only mini-sub for 2013........

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Best/favorite non-toy release i.e. DVD's, Tumblers, letter opener, ect.

Best comic series between mini, digital & print.

Worst accessory or pack in.

I totally second the TG catch phrase.
    I support all four of these and........

- - - Updated - - -

....all of these.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    *Have you enjoyed the 30th anniversary licensed products? Which products did you purchase/ plan on purchasing (wacky wobblers, dvd set, glasses, letter opener, castle grayskull statue, etc.)?

*How much of an impact over the last year did Digital River play in your mattycollector toy buying habits? Sign up for fewer subs? Purchase fewer items on sale day? Purchase items from another source? How many times did you have to call or e-mail customer service due to a problem? Were they able to help? etc.

*Have you enjoyed the new DC motu comics?

*In your opinion, what was the biggest MOTUC disappointment over the past year (i.e. certain figure, DR, cost of shipping, customer service, paint apps, etc)? What was the greatest MOTUC achievement (i.e. Castle Grayskull announced, certain figure, free figure for frosta, etc.)?

And Finally: What Masters cross over would you most like to see in 2013? (Lego, Angry Birds, Transformers, ect...)

The 'worst of' poll is just pointless negativity, imo. I think it should be dropped.

I like the poll ideas about favorite 30th anniversary item, what happened with the sub sales, the question about the DC comics series, best comic series, and biggest mistake of the year/ biggest disappointment.

I'd also suggest: How do you feel the 30th anniversary line turned out as a whole?

Have your opinions on new characters changed after a year when we saw some new characters released in the line?

Do you feel the 30th anniversary was a success? (Did it raise public awareness, reward fans, bring in new fans, etc.)
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    *Would you be on-board for a Filmation subscription in 2013?

*Should some current popular figures be remade in the Filmation style like King Randor was?

*How can Mattel best utilize the Filmation license?
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

"Which of the following in your opinion contributed to the lowest subscription turn out during the subscription period?"

Give LOTS of options, so that Mattel can learn from their mistakes. Heck, if you decide to use this one, let fans give as many reasons as they can to provide poll choices. We've got to find out why 2013's sub had so many problems this year...was it Digital River, the reversed forearms, cheap variants like Snake Man-At-Arms or Battleground Evil-Lyn, "bad choices" like Vykron, expensive unwanted multi-packs such as the Star Sisters and the Fighting Foe Men?
    This is a great idea. To add to it, I'd suggest asking what made people sub for 2012 so the two can be compared (ie. if Shadow Weaver hadn't been the sub-exclusive, would 2012 have been in dire straits as 2013 was?)
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The 'worst of' poll is just pointless negativity, imo. I think it should be dropped.
    I agree. People would vote because of the eras characters are from (Slushhead), figures that they couldn't give away (The Star Sisters) or the politics (Mighty Spector). Not because any of these are particularly terrible figures. It would be like Flipshot from last year. He wasn't a terrible figure by any means, but fans voted for him because he was a NA character.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I agree. People would vote because of the eras characters are from (Slushhead), figures that they couldn't give away (The Star Sisters) or the politics (Mighty Spector). Not because any of these are particularly terrible figures. It would be like Flipshot from last year. He wasn't a terrible figure by any means, but fans voted for him because he was a NA character.
    I definitely agree with you there. That drove me crazy last year. Icarius had lots of new sculpting, no QC errors, quite a few nice accessories, an alternate portrait, and excellent paint. And yet was considered one of the worst figures of last year. Right....

Maybe most disappointing figure might be a better category?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Perfectly stated.
    We already have hundreds of pages of people bashing on Spector, the Star Sisters, Vykron, etc. No need to go through it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I definitely agree with you there. That drove me crazy last year. Icarius had lots of new sculpting, no QC errors, quite a few nice accessories, an alternate portrait, and excellent paint. And yet was considered one of the worst figures of last year. Right....
    Yeah, the fanbase showed a complete lack of objectivity anyway by listing figures like that, and instead giving a pass to poor quality figures that had everyone in an uproar to begin with (King Hsss).

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Maybe most disappointing figure might be a better category?
    It would end up being the same thing

Anyway, an idea for a poll: something Castle Grayskull/preorder related. A round of questions like:
    Did you by CG? (Yes/no)
    If you didn't, why not? (Cost, shipping, don't trust DR, it wasn't the version I wanted, I don't like playsets, etc)
    Will you preorder other playsets, vehicles? (yes/no/maybe)
    Which playsets? (Snake Mountain, Crystal castle, etc)
    Which vehicles? (Battle Ram, Roton, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Perfectly stated.
    We already have hundreds of pages of people bashing on Spector, the Star Sisters, Vykron, etc. No need to go through it all again.

Yeah, the fanbase showed a complete lack of objectivity anyway by listing figures like that, and instead giving a pass to poor quality figures that had everyone in an uproar to begin with (King Hsss).

It would end up being the same thing

Anyway, an idea for a poll: something Castle Grayskull/preorder related. A round of questions like:
    Did you by CG? (Yes/no)
    If you didn't, why not? (Cost, shipping, don't trust DR, it wasn't the version I wanted, I don't like playsets, etc)
    Will you preorder other playsets, vehicles? (yes/no/maybe)
    Which playsets? (Snake Mountain, Crystal castle, etc)
    Which vehicles? (Battle Ram, Roton, etc.)
    I agree all this pointless negativity WILL be the reason i stop coming here to the org.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

As much as I disagree with those opinions, they are all perfectly valid reasons to dislike figures. So go ahead with some 'worst of' polls.

With the success of the He-Man video game for the Ipad & Iphone, would you consider a Masters of the Universe Classics styled video game for a home console? (PS3, X-BOX, Nintendo Wii)

What style of game?
    - Team based like Marvel Legends?
    - Fighter like Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter?
    - 3rd person view, free roam play like Assassin's Creed?
    - Other?

(I really want a game in the style of Assassin's Creed. Not He-Man being an assassin but running around gettin' stabby with the Power Sword.)
    I want my other half.

Totally agree that we don't need a "Worst" poll.

I'd love to know who the most wanted more obscure fIgure of each faction is.

For example, we know everyone wants Mantenna, Scorpia, Glimmer, Flogg, Hydron, Two-Bad, etc.

I'm curious what more B & C list figures are wanted.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I think this may be more of a semantic issue, so how about instead we just say "Most favorite" and "Least favorite"? Even if a figure has an awesome design, if a lot of people didn't like it or want it that can be worthwhile information.

Nearly every forum online has its share of negativity. And since this is the largest gathering of He-Man and She-Ra fans online, there's naturally going to be an exponentially larger number of criticisms and compliments alike about MOTU and POP. But still, each figure still sells out (well, eventually). So no one should let fan polls polarize the community. It's just supposed to be fun discussion material. We're talking about toys, folks! Push out the hate, bring in the love!

You will always have some people who vote based purely on personal preference. For example, there could be a "Rank the 2012 figures by best sculpt" poll and you will still get a few people who strongly dislike 200x who will put any 200x characters at the bottom. The same happens for a few people who absolutely love 200x and put them at the top. It's unavoidable. And IMO those votes are few and far between.

So please, keep posting your ideas! I'm looking forward to the polls.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    As much as I disagree with those opinions, they are all perfectly valid reasons to dislike figures. So go ahead with some 'worst of' polls.
    I agree. With every positive there must be a negative. Yin and yang and all that stuff. Forced positivity is worse than existing negativity.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    We talked about this on RGD today, so I figured I'd bring it up as a potential poll here.

Should the 2014 Club Eternia sub exclusive be a fan demanded character (i.e. Shadow Weaver) or a more obscure, less-demanded character (i.e. Wun-Dar)?

I think most fans would vote against it being a fan favorite on principle, but business-wise it would probably make sense to make it a slightly more popular character.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

That's a good one, Penny Dreadful. I would also ask a similar question in regards to the SDCC eclusive. In 2012, we received Vykron, which I thought was a good choice for a convention exclusive. He is not huge in demand, so that makes it so it's not essential; which is perfect for an exclusive. But, the big-time collector will still want him because they get everything MOTUC. Yet, it seemed the majority of people disliked Vykron. I'm not sure why? So, should it be something like Modulok/Multi-bot for 2013? They are much more popular, to be sure, but that might mean the folks that can't make it to the convention will miss out. So, 1) which is better for the SDCC exclusive...obscure characters or demanded ones?

Another question: 2) Snap on pieces, yes or no? - Personally, I liked the idea and concept behind the trio. It was the final execution of the exclusive I didn't care for. I would have made it 3 seperate figures instead of the snap on pieces. I think they suffered from that, because some pieces were difficult to attach and stay on, and some looked weird having to be oversized to fit over the characters body. Had they been the actual sculpt of the figure itself, I think they would have looked better and caused less frustration. But, that's just me. Is it what others felt?

3) Do you think Mattycollector should offer more than one SDCC exclusive item for MOTUC?

4) Did you get the traveling exclusive, Temple of Darkness Sorceress? Do you intend to get Strobo in 2013? Do you want them to continue having a MOTUC traveling exclusive figure? Do you want them to have more than one?

5) Since Matty is looking at the subs wrapping things up over the next couple years, focusing on core characters (MOTU, PoP, NA, MYP, Filmation, etc.), would collectors be interested in having Mattel team up with other online stores/fan sites like BBTS, EE, the Org, to offer the obscure characters/variants as site exclusives? For example: The ORG could have an Ilumina exclusive, Big Bad Toy Store could have the Masks of Power Demons 2-pack, and Entertainment Earth could have Filmation Hordak with Imp exclusive, Brain's Toys could have Red Beast, PlanetEternia.de or He-man.de could offer Prince Dakon, etc. It could be an excellent way to get those cool but obscure characters out there for collectors, while still focusing the subscription of core characters only.

6) Are fans interested in seeing the other entries into the create-a-character contest? Would the fans purchase a coffee book, featuring illustrations of the entries into the Create-A-Character contest?

7) What was the overall opinion of the new mini-comics? Do you want them to continue offering them?

8) As long as you understood the number of skus and the price per sku (no character names or production images), would you like the Subscriptions for Club Eternia 2014 to be available for purchase well before SDCC in 2013, say in the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013?
    Last edited by King Tamusk; December 9, 2012 at 02:42pm.