Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will you do with your old Castle Grayskulls once you get the new one ?

What will you do with your old Castle Grayskulls once you get the new one ?

When the 3rd Castle Grayskull playset finally arrives to your home, what will you do with the 1980s vintage one and the 2k version ?

Options are quite a few. You can sell them both,keep them both,or use them for other toylines other than MOTU.

I plan on keeping both of mine to go along with the upcoming 3rd Grayskull . How about you?

Or even better yet, for you customizers out there , you could probably transform the 2k Grayskull into the Royal Palace or turn it into an add on for Snake Mountain .

As for the vintage 1980s Grayskull, if I were a customizer I'd leave it like it is,I would not customize it because it is more of an iconic item than the 2k version.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Heroic Warrior
    I'm currently using my vintage CG for King Grayskull and his warriors and 200X CG for my main display. When the new one comes in I'll use it for my main display. I might use my 200X one for She-Ra until she can get her own classics playset. Or maybe Skeletor and his warriors taking over one of the castles. That might be fun.

Keeping my Vintage one, store it away somewhere else. You can't ever get rid of the original.

Move them to the left.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

I don't have either CG, so the new one will be my first. Can't wait for December 2013!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Looks like I'm going to have to hire Real-Tor to help me sell it.......
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

What old ones?

I have the 200X with the sensors and all items, I will be getting rid if it, if anyone would be interested, they can pm me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'll be keeping both of them, no need to get rid of anything. They'll both remain where they currently are though, vintage Castle out in the open, 2k2 version in the closet and out of sight.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Straight in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    Straight in the trash.
    I was gonna say "Burn it".
    Now Showing
    Two Bad
    Coming Attractions
    Modulok

I didn't particularly 'do' anything with my vintage & 200x figures when the Classics figures started being released, so I doubt I'll do anything with the old Castles that's not happening to them now.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm based in the UK. So I won't be getting the new one since it'll end up costing me the equivelent of about 500 dollars once the postage and custom charges are factored in..... I have too many toys, and not enough space...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    The vintage was "given" away around 1990 and the 200X was sold around 2008. I'm keeping my next one that costs 10x as much as my last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Move them to the left.
    Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

The vintage was "given" away around 1990 and the 200X was sold around 2008. I'm keeping my next one that costs 10x as much as my last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Move them to the left.
    Lol.

Chewer of Trollans
    I've already given my two-almost-three-year-old daughter the 200X castle to use as a doll house for her Fisher Price Lil People. She loves it. All they do is have Christmas parties and go on the "trap door ride". Santa rules the castle for now.
    PS. Suck it, Disney.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm keeping my other Castles. While my 200X Grayskull has been unopened since I brought it in 2002 (I was saving it for Christmas in 2002, but I never got around to it. Once the line died, I never opened it), my vintage Castle is pretty much worn down to the outsides, the floors and the throne. Stickers and cardboard props have dropped off or are missing, pieces such as the laser cannons have been lost, even the trap door floor and the elevator are gone. That playset got alot of mileage since 1982!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I never had the vintage castle. I have the MO2K electronic castle,the battle station, and my little brother had the re-release without the chip technology. We used to put the two castles back-to-back and make one big mother of a castle. The re-release was the backdoor that bad guys could sneak in.
    Anyway, I guess I'll sell the first castle and battle station because they both still have all the parts and no damage. The second castle is pretty roughed up with almost every part missing. Little brothers, amirite?

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I sold the 200x version some years ago, while the vintage one has the central position on the vintage collection shelf and will continue to stay there. I have separate shelves for separate collections.

I have the classic and the 2000 version combined into a deluxe Castle Grayskull. My Classics version will sit on top as the upper levels showing the inner parts. I am so excited to see it set up.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Keeping my Vintage one, store it away somewhere else. You can't ever get rid of the original.
    Exactly. I wish I had the 200x version.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    I didn't have the original, but finally got one on eBay a few years ago. It'll go with my vintage figures.

As for the 200x Castle, I sold my entire 200x collection in 2009 because I needed room, and had no use for them with the emergence of MOTUC.

Right now my Action Figure Room, I only have the 200x Castle Grayskull and that's with my 200x figures. I hope to pick up a vintage CG soon to put with my vintage figures. It's weird because I have Snake Mountain, the Fright Zone, and the Crystal Castle, but no CG.

I don't know where I'm going to put MOTUC CG because it is so big. It will have its own table.

I plan on aggressively hurling mine into oncoming traffic.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

I will keep them all. I don't see classics as a replacement for my 80s and 2002 motu collection just another extension of it. It's all one big collection to me.
    If I ever did want to get rid of them I would sell them on ebay or give them to a charity shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I will keep them all. I don't see classics as a replacement for my 80s and 2002 motu collection just another extension of it. It's all one big collection to me.
    Yea who would get rid of the original??

That's like getting rid of my Vintage Tytus & Megator just because I have them in MOTUC...