Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: What will 2015 He-man be like when MOTUC ends?

  1. #1
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    58

    What will 2015 He-man be like when MOTUC ends?

    As far as im concerned and from what I heard, the plan for Mattel is to finish up the MOTUC line by 2015. There is also a MOTU film to be released in 2015. Anyone see a connection in that. Will the film be the end of MOTUC and the beginning of the new He-man..redesigned, re-imagined or whatever it may be.
    Has anyone seen those designed @ Mattel books? there are sketches for a future He-man..and it seems to be going in a Star Wars direction which is what I'm afraid of...anyone care to share?

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    Whatever comes after MOTUC, if it`s not vintage-inspired I´m out.

    I think, the Mini Masters could be very cool.

  3. #3
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,013
    If it's vintage-inspired, again, I will be bored.


    I'd like to see something a bit new... innovative. Having MOTUC, as long as we get all the vintage motu, pop and na with main Filmation characters, will feel like a catharsis.

    If people are married to vintage only, they can re-collect the vintage lines, or the characters in MOTUC from those lines.

    I'd like a new interpretation that respects the past.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  4. #4
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ELDERSburg, MD
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Whatever comes after MOTUC, if it`s not vintage-inspired I´m out.
    I'm with you on that.

    I hope we can keep MOTUC afloat beyond 2015, and get to as many long lost characters as possible before the vintage gravy train makes its last stop.

    Whatever follows MOTUC, I hope it's in the style and spirit of the vintage line. Otherwise, let He-Man peacefully pass away without being further twisted into something he wasn't intended to be, and hopefully some brand new fresh property will entertain us and our kids instead of remake/re-imagining number 5,000 of He-Man.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd like a new interpretation that respects the past.
    Exactly.

    I am hoping for a movie which will more than likely serve as a springboard to re-launch the brand, but it needn’t kill off the Classics line. Yes, the Classics line does seem to have peaked already, however, a movie, especially if successful, could actually inject life back into the Classics line.

    I am ready to see MOTU "rebooted" for a new generation. It can't be 1985 forever. The Classics line is great, but it does only serve to jump back to the past. I don't believe that it moves the brand forward in any way, shape or form, at least not on its own. I do want to see MOTU (finally) move forward. I don't see why it’s one or the other, though. If I had to choose, however, I would rather take the plunge and go for a re-launch.
    Last edited by Krueger; December 16, 2012 at 09:41pm.

  6. #6
    Heroic Subscriber He-Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Posts
    782
    We had a vintage inspired line twice... so I wouldn't be againt a new approach. If they make toys based on a new movie, my bet is that they will look completely different anyway. The truth is I really don't think they will be able to capture MOTU all that well in movie form.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Wulff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    As far as im concerned and from what I heard, the plan for Mattel is to finish up the MOTUC line by 2015. There is also a MOTU film to be released in 2015. Anyone see a connection in that. Will the film be the end of MOTUC and the beginning of the new He-man..redesigned, re-imagined or whatever it may be.
    There's no connection. MOTUC classics will keep going as long as they meet subscription minimums, and even if they don't they'd jsut continue it on a smaller scale. MOTU as a film is still just in initial development, it's quite likely it will never happen.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If it's vintage-inspired, again, I will be bored.


    I'd like to see something a bit new... innovative. Having MOTUC, as long as we get all the vintage motu, pop and na with main Filmation characters, will feel like a catharsis.

    If people are married to vintage only, they can re-collect the vintage lines, or the characters in MOTUC from those lines.

    I'd like a new interpretation that respects the past.
    I agree with you sir. I do not want another rendition of the 82 Beast Man design with more joints. I want a new story to share with this community and my future kids. I love what we have but I an ready to see new stuff for He-Man and his allies. Honestly, just moving the story along with the direction the bios are going is fine with me even though some things are not my favorite.

    I am just not ready to read the same story told for a fourth time.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,165
    I would like to see a highly detailed, 4" scaled, vintage based line with either the same or slightly less articulation with vehicles and playsets. Hate me if you will.

    Also, I would like to think the CLASSICS line would continue past 2015 and give us at least a couple of dozen more characters. As long as people keep buying, they'll keep making toys.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 16, 2012 at 10:14pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,042
    2015 isn't the time it will be ended, just the time frame they have setup for what they have deemed the essential figures for the line. That doesn't mean they are ending the line then.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I'm with you on that.

    I hope we can keep MOTUC afloat beyond 2015, and get to as many long lost characters as possible before the vintage gravy train makes its last stop.

    Whatever follows MOTUC, I hope it's in the style and spirit of the vintage line. Otherwise, let He-Man peacefully pass away without being further twisted into something he wasn't intended to be, and hopefully some brand new fresh property will entertain us and our kids instead of remake/re-imagining number 5,000 of He-Man.
    Exactly. My image of MOTU is set in stone since the 80`s and radically new stuff like the DC crap hurts. I would rather let MOTU die as I remember it, than watching He-Man walking around in jeans or a Robocop armor

  12. #12
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,536
    I want all of MOTUC. I'm likely out after that. I'm sure the movie line will not be in the same style or even scale as MOTUC.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  13. #13
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If it's vintage-inspired, again, I will be bored.

    I'd like to see something a bit new... innovative. Having MOTUC, as long as we get all the vintage motu, pop and na with main Filmation characters, will feel like a catharsis.

    If people are married to vintage only, they can re-collect the vintage lines, or the characters in MOTUC from those lines.

    I'd like a new interpretation that respects the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I agree with you sir. I do not want another rendition of the 82 Beast Man design with more joints. I want a new story to share with this community and my future kids. I love what we have but I an ready to see new stuff for He-Man and his allies. Honestly, just moving the story along with the direction the bios are going is fine with me even though some things are not my favorite.

    I am just not ready to read the same story told for a fourth time.
    Amen, guys. As long as they give us another version of MOTU that was as good as MYP's cartoon was, I'm straight.

    How many times can fans expect Mattel to come out with the exact same designs and NOT be different? Unless Mattel is going to make vintage figures through the Hot Toys/Sideshow route with $300 figures, we are probably going to see a new incarnation of MOTU.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  14. #14
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    2015 isn't the time it will be ended, just the time frame they have setup for what they have deemed the essential figures for the line. That doesn't mean they are ending the line then.
    Well they basically want to get all the characters completed by then..I wouldnt consider Frosta an essential character. I think they are stretching the line and delaying the introduction of main characters (like Ram Man) to keep collectors hooked until the new line comes out..much like they released the commemorative figures right before the 200x line. Basically a reminder of the brand and then the unveiling of the new one. Perhaps Mattel should take note of this new ninja turtle reboot and pattern te next MOTU on that formula. The new turtles have the essential turtles and essential storyline, the essential villain (shredder, Krang etc..) but introduced new henchmen to freshen up the line. So maybe (I know this would be tough) drop some guys like beastman, Tri-klops etc.. and do it a bit like the 200x style of reboot (freshened outfits)...not a far departure from the main look...but maybe focus on the storyline of the mini-comics (no prince adam) and perhaps introduce the classic villains later in the line...maybe that would be interesting.

    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by He-loser; December 16, 2012 at 11:38pm.

  15. #15
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,554
    Truthfully, once Classics is done, I will have my fill assuming all my figures get made....I can let MOTU go peacefully. I would however like to reclaim more of my figures MOSC again after such a thing, and they would go into storage. I really have no interest in anything new as far as a line unless it's as awesome as Classics, and then I would likely only get the main characters, here variants would be wasted on me, the only variants I care about are the ones I had as a kid, and I have all of them now. Otherwise, just the main guys. What would be cool would be another Filmation based cartoon, updated styling, more like Filmation but with more detail and nothing like 200X styling....A new movie would have to have a better story and look better than the '87 one, which I thought to not be all that great. I watched it once recently, that was enough.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,042
    Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    Well they basically want to get all the characters completed by then..I wouldnt consider Frosta an essential character. I think they are stretching the line and delaying the introduction of main characters (like Ram Man) to keep collectors hooked until the new line comes out..much like they released the commemorative figures right before the 200x line. Basically a reminder of the brand and then the unveiling of the new one. Perhaps Mattel should take note of this new ninja turtle reboot and pattern te next MOTU on that formula. The new turtles have the essential turtles and essential storyline, the essential villain (shredder, Krang etc..) but introduced new henchmen to freshen up the line. So maybe (I know this would be tough) drop some guys like beastman, Tri-klops etc.. and do it a bit like the 200x style of reboot (freshened outfits)...not a far departure from the main look...but maybe focus on the storyline of the mini-comics (no prince adam) and perhaps introduce the classic villains later in the line...maybe that would be interesting.

    - - - Updated - - -
    I wouldn't consider most of the 30th Anniversary figures essential either. I think your statement on Ram man was more what they meant when it was said.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  17. #17
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,787
    It all depends. If MOTUC ends, if something new comes along that fits in with the look and can join the display, I would likely collect them. if they are in a different scale or don't fit, i doubt that I would. I recently dumped my 200X set because I didn't need 2 different MOTU lines in different scales.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  18. #18
    film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    439
    why not have the new line be compatible with classics? the customisers would get extra parts and we could use them along with the vintage classics
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior AuraBoyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    588
    I doubt the line will end in 2015... It will just be smaller scale than it has been. I think there are enough fans wanting more obscure characters that a 12 or 6 figure per year sub would survive - even at higher price points.

    Once the vintage purists are satisfied (as much as they can be) it's open season for some really cool stuff!
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; December 17, 2012 at 12:58am.

  20. #20
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Posts
    1,818
    There are many options for He-Man and company to take:

    1) Follow the adventures of King He-Man's son and his battles against an entirely new enemy.
    2) Post Apocalyptic Eternia. (Think Mad Max/Water World, but with Zombies! [Very popular right now...])
    3) Crossover MOTU. He-Man joins forces with Bravestarr or Blackstarr!
    4) Present Day He-Man. Similar to what happened in the MOTU movie, everyone gets whisked to present day Earth!

    As far as the figures are concerned, I love Mega's idea of lending Hot Toy's the license (awesomeness!) Or I would like a 3.75" scale line based on the Filmation series..... Otherwise, give us our dang Mini-Masters Mattel!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    As far as im concerned and from what I heard, the plan for Mattel is to finish up the MOTUC line by 2015. There is also a MOTU film to be released in 2015. Anyone see a connection in that. Will the film be the end of MOTUC and the beginning of the new He-man..redesigned, re-imagined or whatever it may be.
    Has anyone seen those designed @ Mattel books? there are sketches for a future He-man..and it seems to be going in a Star Wars direction which is what I'm afraid of...anyone care to share?
    They already did this, it was called The New Adventures of He-Man...

    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    2015 isn't the time it will be ended, just the time frame they have setup for what they have deemed the essential figures for the line. That doesn't mean they are ending the line then.
    Agreed. If the minimum sub numbers continue to sell, the line could potentially go on way past the 2015 mark.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  21. #21
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,618
    I will take anything in the MOTUC style. If the style changes to a new version then I will be done with MOTU. I don't want to re-collect characters that are already pretty much perfect as is now.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I would like to see a highly detailed, 4" scaled, vintage based line with either the same or slightly less articulation with vehicles and playsets. Hate me if you will.

    Also, I would like to think the CLASSICS line would continue past 2015 and give us at least a couple of dozen more characters. As long as people keep buying, they'll keep making toys.
    Unfortunately Mattel has proven they can't make that scale in a successful way. I do see the 6" scale dying out though due to the rising prices, pretty much pay 6" prices of just a few years ago on 3 3/4" figures now. It will depend on what they do with it if I'll collect the next line? I'm a figure collector not a MOTU collector, but I personally don't think a MOTU line will ever be better than Classics.

  23. #23
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I doubt the line will end in 2015... It will just be smaller scale than it has been. I think there are enough fans wanting more obscure characters that a 12 or 6 figure per year sub would survive - even at higher price points.

    Once the vintage purists are satisfied (as much as they can be) it's open season for some really cool stuff!
    I agree. The line will continue as long as enough people are there to buy the product that is offered. It's not even 2013 yet. Let's all chill out a bit.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

  24. #24
    Fake Casting Agent CocoaSmooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The (619)
    Posts
    5,188
    Parhaps its just me but I really loved the 30th line. I hope that they find ways to continue doing new characters and slipping them in the a separate sub. I remember hating on a lot of the figs and when I first saw them but when I actually got them on my hands I ended up loving them all. I just love these toys for the most part.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior swind15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,004
    I'm all for new characters being introduced. The 30th anniversary sub characters brought a breath of fresh air to the property IMO, even Spector and SLL. Love them or hate them, but new characters further progress the story. With that said, I wouldn't mind if beyond 2015 we get a mix of vintage/filmation D-listers and new characters in a Classics sub. Personally, I would love to learn of new Great Rebellion members or Snakemen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •